ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Prof Jordan B Perterson tells us why Marxist teachers are wrong. (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360633)

arista 22-08-2019 03:57 PM

Prof Jordan B Perterson tells us why Marxist teachers are wrong.

Kizzy 22-08-2019 04:04 PM

Never mind the hate...where did that tashe come from?! :joker:

I'm only joking ,I'll tell you where it comes from..... fascists.

The Slim Reaper 22-08-2019 04:07 PM

Jordan Peterson is a far right idol. Have you ever listened to his insane theories about the growth of cultural marxism in the 70's? He's a fcuking nutjob.

arista 22-08-2019 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 10663174)
Jordan Peterson is a far right idol. Have you ever listened to his insane theories about the growth of cultural marxism in the 70's? He's a fcuking nutjob.

Jordan was fantastic on the 30mins Ch4News interview

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...terson+ch4news

Scarlett. 22-08-2019 10:00 PM

**** Jordon

Twosugars 22-08-2019 10:39 PM

That guy is a far right demagogue

Twosugars 22-08-2019 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 10663168)
Never mind the hate...where did that tashe come from?! :joker:

I'm only joking ,I'll tell you where it comes from..... fascists.

Ironically it looks more stalinist :laugh:

GiRTh 22-08-2019 11:29 PM

Darling of the intellectual dark web. :facepalm:

GiRTh 22-08-2019 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 10663176)
Jordan was fantastic on the 30mins Ch4News interview

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...terson+ch4news

Is that the interview where he says 'If you impeach Trump wont his supporters be mad?. I'm paraphrasing but its almost word for word what he says. From Canada but so little grasp of American politics. Some intellectual eh?

Toy Soldier 23-08-2019 06:47 AM

The danger of Peterson is that a small percentage of what he says is logically sound, and that draws people in, but then you skim away that surface and find an absolute ****ing mess underneath. He's also gotten exponentially worse since he hit the "academic mainstream". He's bought into his own hype, become increasingly arrogant (and he started out very arrogant in the first place) and leaned into the more extreme rhetoric that's made him popular with the pop-right (he is not hard right nor alt right, he's playing to the popular right; the bog standard intelligence "Yeah that sounds correct to me!!" crowd). Oh, and the incels :joker:.

He shines in debates against people who have weak arguments or aren't strong in debates because he gets them confused and flustered. When he encounters someone who can debate him effectively his voice goes up two octaves and he talks over them.

He also constantly states his own psychological theories, and those that are palatable to him, as hard fact. That's the part that makes him a really poor academic.

Oliver_W 23-08-2019 07:13 AM

He's like an "intellectual for stupid people".

I agree with pretty much everything TS said - Peterson might come out with something that I don't necessarily agree with, but makes sense. Then he goes on, and you're just like "... wait ..."
That Cathy Newman interview did him a world of good - why Channel 4 put her next to him I'll never know, even that Milo creature looked intelligent in their discussion.

Plus he sounds like Kermit.

Toy Soldier 23-08-2019 07:21 AM

There's also the issue of people being disingenuous (or somehow genuinely deluded?) about some of his interviews and hooting and celebrating something that didn't happen. I watched a video a couple of weeks ago where he was discussing feminism with two women that actually wasn't terrible. Disagreements were respectful, it was all pretty moderate on all sides, it didn't veer off into his mocking / radical nonsense, everyone made a few concessions, no one went in hard, no one got flustered, and it was all generally quite friendly. Lots of smiling and laughter and not the tense / aggressive kind. A rare gem of a Peterson interview.

....The title on YouTube was something like "Jordan Peterson UTTERLY DESTROYS two feminists and RIPS THEIR ARGUMENTS TO SHREDS!!!"

:think:

Oliver_W 23-08-2019 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10663508)
There's also the issue of people being disingenuous (or somehow genuinely deluded?) about some of his interviews and hooting and celebrating something that didn't happen. I watched a video a couple of weeks ago where he was discussing feminism with two women that actually wasn't terrible. Disagreements were respectful, it was all pretty moderate on all sides, it didn't veer off into his mocking / radical nonsense, everyone made a few concessions, no one went in hard, no one got flustered, and it was all generally quite friendly. Lots of smiling and laughter and not the tense / aggressive kind. A rare gem of a Peterson interview.

....The title on YouTube was something like "Jordan Peterson UTTERLY DESTROYS two feminists and RIPS THEIR ARGUMENTS TO SHREDS!!!"

:think:

Youtube is trash for things like that. I think it is genuine delusion - his fan who uploaded it probably thought every comeback of his was a "sick burn" or something...

Oliver_W 26-08-2019 12:05 PM

I don't really think he counts as "far right", being against Marxism is standard right wing tbh.

I admit there was about a week when I thought I liked him based on soundbites before I knew more of what he was actually saying - the "clean your room" thing is a good philosophy, but stopped clocks and all that.

Maybe I'm hungover but I found this hilarious:

Kizzy 26-08-2019 12:11 PM

How dare he sully kermit :fist:
Actually I really like the clean your room thing, but I think he ripped that philosophy from kon marie :idc:

Oliver_W 26-08-2019 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 10665177)
How dare he sully kermit :fist:

To be fair that was made on a site called "NotJordanPeterson" where you could type anything in and it would read it out :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 10665177)
Actually I really like the clean your room thing, but I think he ripped that philosophy from kon marie :idc:

Hmmmm ... ish. It's a thing which deserves to be taught widely, and their approaches and rationalizations are different enough to justify both existing separately.

Kizzy 26-08-2019 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10665191)
To be fair that was made on a site called "NotJordanPeterson" where you could type anything in and it would read it out :p

Hmmmm ... ish. It's a thing which deserves to be taught widely, and their approaches and rationalizations are different enough to justify both existing separately.

Well I'll let him off the world needs to be a bit more kermit and a bit less Jordan peterson and that's all I have to say about that.

The tidy house tidy mind theory probably preceeded both of them in fairness.