ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Football (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   Would you say that Jack Grealish will be as good as one of Mbappe, Messi, or? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360702)

Mystic Mock 24-08-2019 08:12 PM

Would you say that Jack Grealish will be as good as one of Mbappe, Messi, or?

Cristiano Ronaldo?

I'm asking this because on Twitter a couple of nights ago there was a Villa fan going around saying to all of the Blues and Villa fans that Jack Grealish will be as good as Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, and Mbappe.

Now I get that we all love our teams and our star players within our teams, but it can't just be me that thinks this is deluded?:joker:

I'm not meaning to be nasty btw, I want your honest opinion, do you think Squealish can be as good as those three players some day? Yes or no?

Poll will be coming shortly.

Zizu 22-01-2020 07:37 PM

I’ll just say that many top football guys , pundits , great ex players have all raced about the lad ..

I rate him so highly that I’d actually build the England team around him ...
although I said the very same thing about Glen Hoddle all those years ago and the England manager ignored me then as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LeatherTrumpet 22-01-2020 07:58 PM

He is better than any blues player and Villa look like a premier team

Swan 22-01-2020 08:40 PM

Not really seen him do much to warrant that kind of attention. Just an average player, not bad, not necessarily good.

I notice him flicking his hair, and his child size shin pads more than i do any actual footballing ability tbh.

Edit - I actually see him more in the Beckham category. Again, not bad, good on his day, but not world class, wants to be a pop star type. (and yes, i think David Beckham was overrated)

Mystic Mock 22-01-2020 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10761348)
He is better than any blues player and Villa look like a premier team

Who's getting to go to Man Utd though?:smug:

Dogeatdog 22-01-2020 09:38 PM

I don’t really rate him tbh I think he’s an average player.

Zizu 22-01-2020 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Evil (Post 10761451)
I don’t really rate him tbh I think he’s an average player.

Really ?

He’s easily been the best player in the whole league over the last two months ..

Dogeatdog 22-01-2020 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zizu (Post 10761460)
Really ?

He’s easily been the best player in the whole league over the last two months ..

He’s been playing well but the best player in the whole league over the last two months? I personally think Alexander Arnold or even Danny Ings have done better.

Mystic Mock 23-01-2020 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Evil (Post 10761465)
He’s been playing well but the best player in the whole league over the last two months? I personally think Alexander Arnold or even Danny Ings have done better.

I agree.

I think that Grealish is a good player for Villa, but I can't help but get Ross Barkley vibes from him where the Media overrated him for ages imo.

Brother Leon 23-01-2020 05:49 AM

Quality player, but let’s not go overboard.

Zizu 23-01-2020 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Evil (Post 10761465)

Fair points ..

Best midfielder in that case - which is incredibly impressive given the wealth of marvellous midfielders in the league

LeatherTrumpet 23-01-2020 10:10 AM

actually there is one Blues player, cant remember who, that all the prem clubs have an eye on?

Mystic Mock 24-01-2020 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10761632)
actually there is one Blues player, cant remember who, that all the prem clubs have an eye on?

His name is Jude Bellingham.:dance:

And his got his achievements without constantly doing a Tom Daley.

King Gizzard 29-01-2020 01:23 PM

Messi/Ronaldo levels? Never

But he’s the best midfielder England have and I don’t feel silly saying that anymore. I remember people laughing when we said he’s much better than Maddison and in a completely different league to Mount, but he is. Much more to his game, better physique and better with the ball. Always gets wrongfully credited with being a diver and going over too easily when he’s only been booked once for diving in his whole career (and it wasn’t even a dive). Gets fouled constantly because players can’t handle him. Teams put 2 men on him and still can’t get close to him.

He has the *potential* to be up there in the De Bruyne bracket of midfielders if he chooses his next club well this summer.

Will be gutted to see him go. The best Villa player in my lifetime. Special talent

Alf 29-01-2020 01:32 PM

24 years of age and he hasn't got an England cap yet.

Not as good as Harry Winks.

Zizu 29-01-2020 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 10765861)
24 years of age and he hasn't got an England cap yet.

Not as good as Harry Winks.

Grealish will probably be in the mix for player of the year as things go

Winks isn’t even starting regularly
for Spurs is he ?

Alf 29-01-2020 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zizu (Post 10765955)
Winks isn’t even starting regularly
for Spurs is he ?

Best player on the pitch in England's Euro qualifier against Kosovo.

Zizu 29-01-2020 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 10765959)
Best player on the pitch in England's Euro qualifier against Kosovo.

The all conquering Kosovo who must be about 150th in world football ?

He’s not a guaranteed starter for Spurs sooo

Mystic Mock 30-01-2020 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Gizzard (Post 10765852)
Messi/Ronaldo levels? Never

But he’s the best midfielder England have and I don’t feel silly saying that anymore. I remember people laughing when we said he’s much better than Maddison and in a completely different league to Mount, but he is. Much more to his game, better physique and better with the ball. Always gets wrongfully credited with being a diver and going over too easily when he’s only been booked once for diving in his whole career (and it wasn’t even a dive). Gets fouled constantly because players can’t handle him. Teams put 2 men on him and still can’t get close to him.

He has the *potential* to be up there in the De Bruyne bracket of midfielders if he chooses his next club well this summer.

Will be gutted to see him go. The best Villa player in my lifetime. Special talent

I do personally believe he has earned the tag of being a diver, if he weren't English I do believe that the Referees would book him for diving more often.

I agree with you that he is better than Mount who's sadly not living up to potential at the moment.

And this League Cup final will be a huge test for him, we'll really get to see what him and the rest of the team are made of when facing the biggest match of their careers so far.

Tbf Man City/De Bruyne also have a lot of pressure on them as well as they desperately need to win a trophy.

This fixture does remind me of the Arsenal vs Birmingham final back in 2011 where I had a feeling that it wouldn't be so clear cut at the time.

I do wonder what the odds would be for a Villa to win 2-1 with Grealish and El Ghazi being the goalscorers?

Either way good luck Nathan, and maybe Grealish will stay if you win a trophy and stay up in the Premier League.

Alf 30-01-2020 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zizu (Post 10765964)
The all conquering Kosovo who must be about 150th in world football ?

He’s not a guaranteed starter for Spurs sooo

Don't try educating me on football, because you'll soon find that you're out of your league. I've forgotten more about football than you know.

Zizu 30-01-2020 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 10766396)
Don't try educating me on football, because you'll soon find that you're out of your league. I've forgotten more about football than you know.

Calm down , it was just a throw away comment ... that said they are a very low rated team sooooo

As regards your last sentence I’ve been watching football ‘seriously ‘ since the 60’s ALTHOUGH my memory is terrible .