ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Baby thrown from bridge in Manchester (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=361234)

AnnieK 12-09-2019 12:37 PM

Baby thrown from bridge in Manchester

Awful story that happened in Manchester yesterday

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...rrest-16905102

This is 2 minutes from my Dad's house. Such an awful thing to happen :sad:

Cherie 12-09-2019 12:40 PM

Awful, I assume it was the Dad

AnnieK 12-09-2019 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10676761)
Awful, I assume it was the Dad

Yes, they have today confirmed they have the Dad in custody. Apparently, he went to buy milk, threw the baby off the bridge and then went and demanded a drink at the local pub.

No reasons have been released yet :sad:

Cherie 12-09-2019 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieK (Post 10676781)
Yes, they have today confirmed they have the Dad in custody. Apparently, he went to buy milk, threw the baby off the bridge and then went and demanded a drink at the local pub.

No reasons have been released yet :sad:

OMG horrific, I know people will disagree but he should be sterilised so he can never again father a child, some people just do not deserve to be parents

AnnieK 12-09-2019 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10676783)
OMG horrific, I know people will disagree but he should be sterilised so he can never again father a child, some people just do not deserve to be parents

Agree with you.....

Hopefully he will be locked up for life (doubt it though, but he should be)

arista 12-09-2019 12:58 PM

Yes Evil/

GiRTh 12-09-2019 01:00 PM

Jesus, what kind of a person does this?

I agree, this man is a danger to children so should never have any more.

DouglasS 12-09-2019 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10676783)

I agree. I don’t think anyone can disagree with what you’ve said Cherie, child abusers - child murderers should not be allowed future children and must be sterilised to save future children

Tom4784 12-09-2019 01:28 PM

If it was a woman I'd say it could have been a tragic case of post-partum depression but I don't believe there's a male equivalent for new fathers.

I feel sorry for the family and the mother in particular.

DouglasS 12-09-2019 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 10676818)
If it was a woman I'd say it could have been a tragic case of post-partum depression but I don't believe there's a male equivalent for new fathers.

I feel sorry for the family and the mother in particular.

She’d be just as evil, there would be no excuse

Tom4784 12-09-2019 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasS (Post 10676820)
She’d be just as evil, there would be new excuse

You don't know what you are talking about.

Post partum illnesses can lead to women doing things they'd never do in their right minds. There's been stories of women who have had kids before and have raised them with love and care snapping with post partum illnesses and killing their newborns. They aren't in their right minds and when it happens, it's a tragedy all around.

DouglasS 12-09-2019 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 10676822)
You don't know what you are talking about.

Post partum illnesses can lead to women doing things they'd never do in their right minds. There's been stories of women who have had kids before and have raised them with love and care snapping with post partum illnesses and killing their newborns. They aren't in their right minds and when it happens, it's a tragedy all around.

I don’t think a loving mother can ever actively murder their own children at such a vulnerable age. I think it takes an evil person to carry through with that, I am not going to feel sorry for any child murderer no matter if you think it’s ethical and acceptable to do so because of the name of mental health

Yes post pantrum illnesses are real and it affects countless women, those women also do not kill their babies, they suffer and need more support. As soon as the murdering mother is caught she then makes true victims look bad by jumping on the band wagon and blaming her mental health, as this dad will do after speaking to his lawyer

Kazanne 12-09-2019 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieK (Post 10676755)

It's terrible Annie,poor little man,I never understand why people who have a domestic take it out on the children (presuming that's what happened here)such an awful way to revenge people.

Tom4784 12-09-2019 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasS (Post 10676826)
I don’t think a loving mother can ever actively murder their own children at such a vulnerable age. I think it takes an evil person to carry through with that, I am not going to feel sorry for any child murderer no matter if you think it’s ethical and acceptable to do so because of the name of mental health

Yes post pantrum illnesses are real and it affects countless women, those women also do not kill their babies, they suffer and need more support. As soon as the murdering mother is caught she then makes true victims look bad by jumping on the band wagon and blaming her mental health, as this dad will do after speaking to his lawyer

Yeah, you don't understand at all.

Psychosis can make anyone do terrible things, making people act out of character is what psychosis is. Post partum illnesses are not just 'Oh, I've had a baby, now I'm a bit sad', they're a spectrum and refusing to acknowledge that doesn't make you a bastion of unwavering virtue, it makes you ignorant to the facts.

If someone is not in their right mind due to things like psychosis then they can't ethically be held accountable for their actions. No need to punish these mothers just to deal with your own justice hardon when they'll be punishing themselves for the rest of their lives. What's more important is actually helping these people overcome these illnesses.

DouglasS 12-09-2019 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 10676832)
Yeah, you don't understand at all.

Psychosis can make anyone do terrible things, making people act out of character is what psychosis is. Post partum illnesses are not just 'Oh, I've had a baby, now I'm a bit sad', they're a spectrum and refusing to acknowledge that doesn't make you a bastion of unwavering virtue, it makes you ignorant to the facts.

If someone is not in their right mind due to things like psychosis then they can't ethically be held accountable for their actions. No need to punish these mothers just to deal with your own justice hardon when they'll be punishing themselves for the rest of their lives. What's more important is actually helping these people overcome these illnesses.

Completely disagree, the fathers need the support of the mothers who have murdered their babies.

Likewise the mothers will need the support of the fathers that have murdered their babies in this case.

Ammi 12-09-2019 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieK (Post 10676755)

...I was just reading some of the tributes that have been left on the bridge...one from his grandparents as well...it’s heart rendering...and anyone living close like your dad...couldn’t not be hugely impacted in their emotions, Annie...

UserSince2005 12-09-2019 05:18 PM

disgusted but not suprised. every time I take the metro line out to Bury you see scum capable of this living their sad pathetic lives.

AnnieK 12-09-2019 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserSince2005 (Post 10676991)
disgusted but not suprised. every time I take the metro line out to Bury you see scum capable of this living their sad pathetic lives.

You always come into threads with comments like this....there are scummy people everywhere. Where do you actually live?

Twosugars 12-09-2019 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasS (Post 10676853)
Completely disagree, the fathers need the support of the mothers who have murdered their babies.

Likewise the mothers will need the support of the fathers that have murdered their babies in this case.

You may disagree all you like. The law has a concept of diminished responsibility and psych tests will be done.

DouglasS 12-09-2019 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twosugars (Post 10677024)
You may disagree all you like. The law has a concept of diminished responsibility and psych tests will be done.

I think everyone already knows the law is broken? When people who burn alive puppy’s and kittens get less than a year, or when people raped pregnant women, get half a year and then end up murdering someone...

Punishments need to be harsher, and mental health isn’t an acceptable excuse for murder ever - regardless of what you or Dezzy believe

Kazanne 12-09-2019 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasS (Post 10677028)
I think everyone already knows the law is broken? When people who burn alive puppy’s and kittens get less than a year, or when people raped pregnant women, get half a year and then end up murdering someone...

Punishments need to be harsher, and mental health isn’t an acceptable excuse for murder ever - regardless of what you or Dezzy believe

The law is a sham in Britain , but even when they give out prison sentences the EU can override them ,so its really up to them what some of our prisoners get

Tony Montana 12-09-2019 08:19 PM

Shocking and horrific.

RIP.

Marsh. 12-09-2019 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasS (Post 10676820)
She’d be just as evil, there would be no excuse

Post partum psychosis exists.

Marsh. 12-09-2019 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasS (Post 10677028)

How very 1950s of you.

Amy Jade 12-09-2019 08:44 PM

Horrific, why would he do that?