ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech, Movies & Video Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   'Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey - Out Now (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=361373)

LukeB 16-09-2019 09:38 PM

'Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey - Out Now

I couldn't see a thread about this

but a teaser for this came on when i was re-watching IT Chapter Two. Red balloons were floating around the DC logo then comes up Hayley popping a balloon saying she's so over clowns.

Tony Montana 16-09-2019 09:41 PM

That looks so awesome! Why wasn't this shown when I re-watched it last week. :fist:

Tony Montana 16-09-2019 09:42 PM

I wonder if they're gonna do this for Joker. :think:

LukeB 16-09-2019 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Montana (Post 10679536)
That looks so awesome! Why wasn't this shown when I re-watched it last week. :fist:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Montana (Post 10679537)
I wonder if they're gonna do this for Joker. :think:

That's what i thought it was going to be about when i saw the DC logo because that's coming up soon and i have not seen any trailers at the cinema for it. I saw that bloody brad pitt going to space trailer two months ago and still seeing it now but no joker:laugh:

I didn't even know that Harley was getting her own film :skull:

Barry. 16-09-2019 11:21 PM

It was shown here when we watched it chapter 2. I thought it was only ok.

LaLaLand 16-09-2019 11:31 PM

Kinda here for this!

LaLaLand 16-09-2019 11:33 PM

Quote:

Four years after the events of Suicide Squad, Batman has disappeared, leaving Gotham City unprotected from crime, and Harley Quinn has left the Joker. When Cassandra Cain, a young girl, comes across a diamond belonging to crime lord Black Mask, Harley joins forces with Black Canary, Huntress and Renee Montoya to help protect her.

Amy Jade 17-09-2019 09:11 AM

I'll watch but the title is tragic

Oliver_W 17-09-2019 02:25 PM

Hm, seems okay. In the current comics Harley is in a relationship with Poison Ivy.

I'd prefer a movie about the Birds of Prey comics from just over ten years ago, by Gail Simone.

It has Barbara Gordon, who was formerly Batgirl, as a master hacker. She's in charge of small group of all-female heroes, mostly Huntress and Black Canary, but others join. She sends them on missions, and does things like hacking electric doors from her base so they can go through. She's such a good hacker even Batman asks for her help sometimes.

btw Cassandra Cain becomes Batgirl in the comics.

Toy Soldier 18-09-2019 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10679757)

It has Barbara Gordon, who was formerly Batgirl, as a master hacker. She's in charge of small group of all-female heroes, mostly Huntress and Black Canary, but others join. She sends them on missions, and does things like hacking electric doors from her base so they can go through. She's such a good hacker even Batman asks for her help sometimes.

Is that as "Oracle"? I don't follow the comics but Barbara is in Batman: Arkham Knight as Oracle, after being paralyzed by Joker (pre-game). I think there's a prequel DLC where you play as her as Batgirl though I've never played it.

LukeB 18-09-2019 04:10 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EErl2iVX...jpg&name=small

Oliver_W 18-09-2019 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10680304)
Is that as "Oracle"? I don't follow the comics but Barbara is in Batman: Arkham Knight as Oracle, after being paralyzed by Joker (pre-game). I think there's a prequel DLC where you play as her as Batgirl though I've never played it.

Yeah, Oracle.

Babs was shot by the Joker - he didn't know she was Batgirl, but he wanted to torture Commissioner Gordon (her dad) with pictures of her injured and naked when he had no way of getting to her.

Tony Montana 01-10-2019 05:29 PM

Trailer's here! Looks pretty good tbh.

Shaun 01-10-2019 05:31 PM

I refuse to watch on principle of having a ridiculous title

LaLaLand 01-10-2019 06:11 PM

WHy doesn’t Black Mask have... A black mask? :skull:

Tony Montana 01-10-2019 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaLaLand (Post 10687844)
WHy doesn’t Black Mask have... A black mask? :skull:

Yeah, that was the main criticism I had of the trailer. I'll be so disappointed if he's not wearing that mask at all throughout the film.

Tom4784 02-10-2019 02:16 AM

Not a bad trailer but they should have just called it Harley Quinn because Black Canary and the Huntress are basically invisible so far.

Oliver_W 03-10-2019 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 10688006)
Not a bad trailer but they should have just called it Harley Quinn because Black Canary and the Huntress are basically invisible so far.

I find Harley a bit boring tbh. I wish they'd dial her back a bit in the comics, she works better as the two dimensional weirdo that she is meant to be rather than a complex anti-hero. Her and Poison Ivy together is just silly.

But yeah i wish this was an actual Birds Of Prey adaption.

Tom4784 03-10-2019 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10688655)
I find Harley a bit boring tbh. I wish they'd dial her back a bit in the comics, she works better as the two dimensional weirdo that she is meant to be rather than a complex anti-hero. Her and Poison Ivy together is just silly.

But yeah i wish this was an actual Birds Of Prey adaption.

Harley and Poison Ivy's relationship is one of the best parts of Harley's character and Harley has never really been a two dimensional character. Have you ever read Mad Love? A large part of her character has always been about trauma and a commentary on toxic relationships and her relationship with Ivy is important because it shows growth for both characters.

Poison Ivy's a great match for Harley because it's a relationship that deepens both characters further, Harley isn't stuck in a cycle of abuse when she's with Ivy and you get to see more of what makes Ivy tick when they're together since she's not just a murderous seductress with a somewhat relateable goal.

It would be a true disservice to the character of Harley if they ever made her a two dimensional character because that's not who she is.

They should have just done a Gotham City Sirens film tbh, it's dumb that they turned the Birds of Prey into Harley's sidekicks when they could have hit hte jackpot with a film that brings Harley together with Ivy and Catwoman. The amount of speculation and coverage over such a film would be insane, especially since the media often speculates about who would play those two characters although they aren't attached to a film yet.

Oliver_W 03-10-2019 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 10688754)
They should have just done a Gotham City Sirens film tbh, it's dumb that they turned the Birds of Prey into Harley's sidekicks when they could have hit hte jackpot with a film that brings Harley together with Ivy and Catwoman. The amount of speculation and coverage over such a film would be insane, especially since the media often speculates about who would play those two characters although they aren't attached to a film yet.

Sirens would be great, it's more in line with the version of Harley they want to portray, and it doesn't push a great team from the comics into the background.

This film essentially means we probably won't get a "proper" screen version of the Birds of Prey, which is a shame. If we were to get one, I'd say grab Gail Simone for the writing duties. Her BoP and Batgirl are my favourite iterations of each. And sure, keep the current Black Canary and Huntress.

Tony Montana 09-01-2020 08:15 PM

Second trailer is here.

Tony Montana 09-01-2020 08:16 PM

It's still pretty much a Harley Quinn film. We need to see more of the others. Although it's nice to see Black Mask will be wearing his mask.

Marsh. 09-01-2020 08:57 PM

Has Margot Robbie's line delivery improved? I found her quite wooden in Suicide Squad.

LaLaLand 10-01-2020 12:38 AM

Welp at least he actually has the mask! Was worried.

I still think her accent is bad though and you can keep hearing the Aussie throughout in parts. HQ should have a really, really thick Brooklyn/NYC accent.

Does look very fun though! Going to see it.

LukeB 10-01-2020 06:21 PM

I'm really looking forward to this. It looks good.