ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   What is to blame for homophobic hate crime? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=361703)

parmnion 04-10-2019 05:42 PM

What is to blame for homophobic hate crime?

It's risen dramatically since I was a lad...so what is to blame?

Alf 04-10-2019 05:43 PM

The homophobe.

Vicky. 04-10-2019 05:55 PM

I lame the homophobes :shrug:

parmnion 04-10-2019 06:02 PM

Yes I do as well..

Can I be a bit more specific!

What does britain blame for homophobic hate crime

SherzyK 04-10-2019 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10689502)
Yes I do as well..

You mean who?

parmnion 04-10-2019 06:09 PM

Can this please be merged with arista thread about the homophobic attack...he has linked the story that inspired this thread.

Withano 04-10-2019 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10689502)
Yes I do as well..

...still homophobes. What kind of answer are you hoping for haha

parmnion 04-10-2019 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Withano (Post 10689520)
...still homophobes. What kind of answer are you hoping for haha

I wanted everyone's answer..

Tony Montana 04-10-2019 06:27 PM

The homophobes. Who else are you supposed to blame?

parmnion 04-10-2019 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Montana (Post 10689526)
The homophobes. Who else are you supposed to blame?

Ive edited my title...what do you think about my proper debate topic?

SherzyK 04-10-2019 06:34 PM

“What is to you blame for homophobic hate crime?“

:shrug:

Tom4784 04-10-2019 06:40 PM

There is nothing else to blame homophobia on but homophobes engaging in their hatred. There's no magical deus ex machina that makes homophobes less responsible for their own hatred.

parmnion 04-10-2019 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SherzyK (Post 10689532)
“What is to you blame for homophobic hate crime?“

:shrug:

Awwww..you had to type it out yourself cause I edited it to quickly cause I never saw it first time as cause my reading glasses are sitting at a jaunty angle..:hehe:

Biggest reach in tibb history petal..xx

parmnion 04-10-2019 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 10689540)
There is nothing else to blame homophobia on but homophobes engaging in their hatred. There's no magical deus ex machina that makes homophobes less responsible for their own hatred.

Lot of youth involved dezzy, the voters we need to look after..stabbings...yes..we better respect them and thier opinions...

SherzyK 04-10-2019 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10689541)
Awwww..you had to type it out yourself cause I edited it to quickly cause I never saw it first time as cause my reading glasses are sitting at a jaunty angle..:hehe:

Biggest reach in tibb history petal..xx

Copy and pasted it love, but keep trying ;)

In answer to your very vague question, homophobes are to blame for homophobic attacks

Oliver_W 04-10-2019 06:49 PM

There's nothing societal we can pin blame on, if that's the kind of answer you're looking for. Crappy parenting and individual bigotry, sure, but (western) society itself carries no blame.

Tom4784 04-10-2019 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10689543)
Lot of youth involved dezzy, the voters we need to look after..stabbings...yes..we better respect them and thier opinions...

And we finally reach the point of this topic.

You want to take blame away from the homophobes, that's why you keep trying to reframe the same question to stop getting the same answer. I'm not going to hug someone who would see me die and tell that it's okay for them to think that. That is ****ing insane.

People are responsible for their own actions, we shouldn't excuse someone for doing wrong when they are in perfect control of their faculties. They chose their course of action and they chose to deal with the consequences.

parmnion 04-10-2019 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10689550)
There's nothing societal we can pin blame on, if that's the kind of answer you're looking for. Crappy parenting and individual bigotry, sure, but (western) society itself carries no blame.

Why?

Imo, this video proves the rise of homophobic hate crime in Britain over the last decade is solely down to people who don't follow the British values...imo, that is nothing else but societal.:shrug:

SherzyK 04-10-2019 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10689558)
Why?

Imo, this video proves the rise of homophobic hate crime in Britain over the last decade is solely down to people who don't follow the British values...imo, that is nothing else but societal.:shrug:

Why do you think that?

parmnion 04-10-2019 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 10689556)
And we finally reach the point of this topic.

You want to take blame away from the homophobes, that's why you keep trying to reframe the same question to stop getting the same answer. I'm not going to hug someone who would see me die and tell that it's okay for them to think that. That is ****ing insane.

People are responsible for their own actions, we shouldn't excuse someone for doing wrong when they are in perfect control of their faculties. They chose their course of action and they chose to deal with the consequences.

How can you say people are in control of thier actions when thier are all kinds of abuses of the young going on?

I don't get that, one minute kids will be effected in later life if they are smacked, next thing it's thier problem if they do something wrong.

What made this gang of youths so homophobic that they would spray pepper spray in a couples eyes?

parmnion 04-10-2019 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SherzyK (Post 10689560)
Why do you think that?

Because British values is 100 percent against such actions:conf:

Tom4784 04-10-2019 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10689558)
Why?

Homophobia isn't something that's recent and it's not something that is solely caused by people who aren't white or are muslim or whatever 'those who don't follow british values' are supposed to be.

Gay bashing never went away and you can't point the finger at anyone other than homophobes for that. Homophobes are the cause of homophobia, homophobes are the cause of homophobic attacks, there is no other answer than that.

parmnion 04-10-2019 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 10689564)
Homophobia isn't something that's recent and it's not something that is solely caused by people who aren't white or are muslim or whatever 'those who don't follow british values' are supposed to be.

Gay bashing never went away and you can't point the finger at anyone other than homophobes for that. Homophobes are the cause of homophobia, homophobes are the cause of homophobic attacks, there is no other answer than that.

I know it's not new...but it's beginning to spike graphs..why is that?...why has it risen so much in the last 5 years?

Tom4784 04-10-2019 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10689562)
How can you say people are in control of thier actions when thier are all kinds of abuses of the young going on?

I don't get that, one minute kids will be effected in later life if they are smacked, next thing it's thier problem if they do something wrong.

What made this gang of youths so homophobic that they would spray pepper spray in a couples eyes?

Plenty of people go through terrible trauma that would break a person and they don't become abusers or racists or homophobes or whatever. To use that as an excuse is to insult those who have suffered trauma. Even people raised surrounded by bigotry can't blame their upbringing and I speak from experience. Blaming society, upbringing, trauma, it's all excuses to justify hatred. So many of us have suffered from these things yet we don't become fuelled by hatred and violence.

The gang in question have no one to blame but themselves.

Tom4784 04-10-2019 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10689565)
I know it's not new...but it's beginning to spike graphs..why is that?...why has it risen so much in the last 5 years?

For the same reasons why hate crime in the US and Brazil has risen in the past few years and why LGBT people are hunted like animals in Russia. Bigots have become emboldened by the extreme establishment in these places that have attained power through inspiring hatred.

In the immediate wake of the Brexit result, hate crimes spiked significantly and have risen since, I believe and that's because bigots now feel emboldened and validated when before they knew to keep their hatred hidden.

You can't blame hatred on anything other than those that are consumed by it but the patterns are mostly down to a feeling of validation. You only have to look at the hate crime rates in countries that have recently elected extreme governments to see that there's a pattern there.

Now these governments are definitely making these bigots feel inspired but, at the end of the day, bigots are bigots and the choices to act on their hatred are theirs' alone. You can't blame circumstance when you choose to commit violence against someone.