ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Apprentice (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Lottie used a racist remark towards Lubna (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=361818)

Denver 06-10-2019 07:41 AM

Lottie used a racist remark towards Lubna

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...w-gandhi-jibe/

Lottie told Lubna to "Shut Up Ghandi",

how was she still allowed in the show?

GoldHeart 06-10-2019 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WickedSkengMan (Post 10690636)
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...w-gandhi-jibe/

Lottie told Lubna to "Shut Up Ghandi",

how was she still allowed in the show?

Doesn't surprise me , as she would of had to of said something more offensive to get in trouble :bored: .

I heard someone call someone "Ghandi" on a comedy show, i think the joke was meant to be about someone either acting old or thinking they know it all.

Also heard a brainless person on the Bad girls club call an African girl " K unte Kinte" which came across racist.

But with Lottie i disliked her from the moment she opened her mouth, and whether she meant this in a racist way or not she clearly never knows when to shut that gob of hers. she was horrible to Lubna in the task meeting:oh: .

And she interrupted and drowned out the Wine expert who was trying to explain things to them! , totally unprofessional yet she gets told she's "saved the day" even though she behaved like a self centred idiot .

Alf 06-10-2019 08:35 AM

When did Ghandi become a racist word?

Tell people to stop making things up.

GoldHeart 06-10-2019 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 10690647)
When did Ghandi become a racist word?

Tell people to stop making things up.

Why do you think?:facepalm: , look at the example i gave of k unte kinte think about it .

Seems weird she'd call an Asian person "Ghandi" , i also just read the full article and Lottie sounds even more vile than i thought . Threatening to punch & fight someone physically is disgusting:shocked: . Maybe the witch really does have connections with Sugar .

Alf 06-10-2019 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 10690649)
Why do you think?:facepalm: , look at the example i gave of k unte kinte think about it .

Seems weird she'd call an Asian person "Ghandi" , i also just read the full article and Lottie sounds even more vile than i thought . Threatening to punch & fight someone physically is disgusting . Maybe the witch really does have connections with Sugar .

Whatever, Beckham.

Oops, I called you Beckham. Is that racist?

GoldHeart 06-10-2019 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 10690650)
Whatever, Beckham.

Oops, I called you Beckham. Is that racist?

I already said i've heard "Ghandi" used in a comedy thing with no racist tone :notimpressed: but clearly you're in one of those moods so go off i guess.

But clearly Lottie has a personal problem with Lubna and it seems weird that she said she "never spoke to a black person" either .

That what'sapp chat sounds all over the place and she comes across as aggressive & stupid . She also craves the centre stage which is tedious to watch :bored:.

Alf 06-10-2019 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 10690655)
I already said i've heard "Ghandi" used in a comedy thing with no racist tone :notimpressed: but clearly you're in one of those moods so go off i guess.

But clearly Lottie has a personal problem with Lubna and it seems weird that she said she "never spoke to a black person" either .

That what'sapp chat sounds all over the place and she comes across as aggressive & stupid . She also craves the centre stage which is tedious to watch :bored:.

Just because she has a personal problem with somebody, that doesn't make a non racist word/name like Ghandi suddenly become racist.

If an Indian person has a personal problem with me and calls me Maggie Thatcher, I'm not gonna claim it to be racist, because it isn't.

Morgan. 06-10-2019 09:13 AM

This vile girl just gets worse

GoldHeart 06-10-2019 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 10690666)
Just because she has a personal problem with somebody, that doesn't make a non racist word/name like Ghandi suddenly become racist.

If an Indian person has a personal problem with me and calls me Maggie Thatcher, I'm not gonna claim it to be racist, because it isn't.

Lubna is not Indian she's Pakistani , bet Lottie thought she was Indian as she already comes across ignorant.

Beckham & Maggie Thatcher ??? what on earth are you talking about , it's not the same thing :joker: .

If someone calls you Beckham they probably think you're a big football fan or you play the sport , if someone calls you maggie thatcher they probably think you're a torrie or into politics in general .

Like i said whether she meant it in a racist way or not seems weird she'd call an Asian contestant that in a group chat . I don't like Lottie she seems like a bitch :idc: .

Alf 06-10-2019 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 10690675)
Lubna is not Indian she's Pakistani , bet Lottie thought she was Indian as she already comes across ignorant.

Beckham & Maggie Thatcher ??? what on earth are you talking about , it's not the same thing :joker: .

If someone calls you Beckham they probably think you're a big football fan or you play the sport , if someone calls you maggie thatcher they probably think you're a torrie or into politics in general .

Like i said whether she meant it in a racist way or not seems weird she'd call an Asian contestant that in a group chat . I don't like Lottie she seems like a bitch :idc: .

OK, I'm English, if somebody calls me William Wallace, It wouldn't be racist.

Ghandi was a great man, what's insulting about being compared to Ghandi?

GoldHeart 06-10-2019 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 10690677)
OK, I'm English, if somebody calls me William Wallace, It wouldn't be racist.

Ghandi was a great man, what's insulting about being compared to Ghandi?

If you think she said Ghandi as she saw Lubna as a great person then you're kidding yourself, in an argument like that she was clearly mocking her .

From a sarcastic view why didn't she call Lubna " Einstein " ? that seems to be a common name thrown around if someone thinks they're above you and more intelligent . What's funny is the hypocrisy as Lottie behaves like she's a know it all :bored: , while isolating the group and behaving like a witch .

Nicky91 06-10-2019 09:32 AM

not to mention Lottie talking while most were listening to the wine expert

:fan:

GoldHeart 06-10-2019 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 10690682)
not to mention Lottie talking while most were listening to the wine expert

:fan:

She's insufferable , and that wine expect looked so uncomfortable after being interrupted by the witch . You don't talk over & interrupt when someone is giving you information :shocked: , she's very rude & stuck up !.

And she'll probably mix up Lubna & Iasha next :bored:

Nicky91 06-10-2019 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 10690688)
She's insufferable , and that wine expect looked so uncomfortable after being interrupted by the witch . You don't talk over & interrupt when someone is giving you information :shocked: , she's very rude & stuck up !.

And she'll probably mix up Lubna & Iasha next :bored:

true, and she should most definitely not have to do such things if she was on same team as me

parmnion 06-10-2019 11:14 AM

Is she a white witch or a black witch?

RileyH 06-10-2019 11:25 AM

She's a ****ing pillock

Nicky91 31-10-2019 06:51 AM

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...witter-racist/

another racist incident with Lottie, this time a clash with Jemelin on twitter

Oliver_W 31-10-2019 08:21 AM

Quote:

The fight kicked off when Lottie logged into Twitter to tell her followers about tonight's show, saying: “During this week on the Oxford/ Cambridge hunt, there is an embarrassing blunder- I am the only candidate of 12 who knew when WW2 was. This isn’t a brag, but an important reminder to educate your children on the heritage of your country.”
Well she's not wrong.

arista 31-10-2019 08:23 AM

Yes she was joking........................

SherzyK 31-10-2019 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10704247)
Well she's not wrong.

Jemelin replied “Also very important to teach your kids about racial equality and how to be a kind human being a lot more important than this.”

It’s not an absolute necessity that people know about the history of the country because not everyone that is from the UK is British. Yes the schools teach you about the first and Second World War but why should it be the parents job to do it? WW2 started due to inequality, so teaching racial equality should compliment with teaching British history no?

Jigs 31-10-2019 11:27 AM

Lottie's ignorant, but I don't think the Gandhi comment was said with racist intent. It was a reasonable response to Lubna's nonsensical remark beforehand. Had she said it to Pamela or Marianne no one would bat an eye. I have heard people refer to others as Gandhi before when they are trying to pass off that they are a fountain of wisdom and know best. And I think this situation with Lottie would've been the same.

Liam- 31-10-2019 11:48 AM

Horrible girl

Oliver_W 31-10-2019 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SherzyK (Post 10704304)
Jemelin replied “Also very important to teach your kids about racial equality and how to be a kind human being a lot more important than this.”

It’s not an absolute necessity that people know about the history of the country because not everyone that is from the UK is British. Yes the schools teach you about the first and Second World War but why should it be the parents job to do it? WW2 started due to inequality, so teaching racial equality should compliment with teaching British history no?

Common decency is absolutely something parents should teach their children, but sure, it can be touched on in PSHE or form time.