ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Big Brother 2023 - ITV2 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=741)
-   -   New Article: Endemol "deep conversations with British broadcasters to bring BB back" (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=362274)

BigBrudder 28-10-2019 02:19 PM

New Article: Endemol "deep conversations with British broadcasters to bring BB back"

This was mentioned in the very well respected US trade site Deadline in an article about Banijays recent takeover of Endemol Shine:

"Big Brother..... recently ended on Channel 5, although it seems that the producers are deep into conversations with other British broadcasters to bring it back."

Hope! Hey it just happened in Australia so British BB could be next! Especially for its anniversary in 2020!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

BigBrudder 28-10-2019 02:20 PM

Link: https://deadline.com/2019/10/the-sto...up-1202770333/

Maxxie. 28-10-2019 02:35 PM

I think its too early and honestly with the circle and love island I don’t even think its missed that much.

Epic. 28-10-2019 02:58 PM

The optimist in me is saying "Yessss!"

The pessimist in me is saying if it's revived too early, it'll cause an even earlier cancellation and as a result would cause companies to have even less faith in the show and the UK version to die off permanently; like Maxxie-D said, The Circle and Love Island are the talk of the country, far more than Big Brother has been the last eight or nine years or so.

The original house has also been hastily demolished so they'd need funding to rebuild that and if the space has already been replaced, where else would they be able to rebuild it. It's culture, trends and logistics that are the problem for BB's revival, not the format or show itself.

Jigs 28-10-2019 03:57 PM

I think it's a bit too early but I'd definitely endorse a BB return in maybe 2021? Personally, I'd always welcome it but I don't think it will ever exceed the contemporary cultural impact of Love Island, IAC, The Circle, etc.

Beastie 28-10-2019 08:52 PM

Yes please. Big Brother is such a simple ****ing format. Go back to the open auditions. Put in ordinary outgoing eccentric folk. The 4 or more housemates with the most nominations will be up for eviction but ALWAYS a vote to SAVE. More chance of the deadwood going first. eventhough the show may make more money with vote to evict. The only twists there should be is twists with the prize money.

Maxxie. 28-10-2019 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beastie (Post 10703081)
Yes please. Big Brother is such a simple ****ing format. Go back to the open auditions. Put in ordinary outgoing eccentric folk. The 4 or more housemates with the most nominations will be up for eviction but ALWAYS a vote to SAVE. More chance of the deadwood going first. eventhough the show may make more money with vote to evict. The only twists there should be is twists with the prize money.

That’s also the problem, literally no non-BBC shows do you have to pay for votes anymore. The only reason strictly still do it is because the BBC can’t rely on ads.

Greg! 28-10-2019 10:57 PM

Would rather it was in a few years' time rather than next year, but quite happy at this news ngl! Hopefully it goes to ITV2/C4 and not some flop channel

Marsh. 28-10-2019 11:06 PM

Can they not.

BigBrudder 29-10-2019 02:39 AM

No they can't not. They can and they will!!!

:banana::banana::banana:

Nicky91 29-10-2019 08:40 AM

i would love a earlier BB return, so yeah :love:

Strictly Jake 29-10-2019 09:16 AM

It's just not missed even when it was on it wasn't a popular show I never heard anyone talking about it apart from certain things like the roxy punch gate and stormy not showing up despite the whole first week being dedicated to her....

I think the circle and love island are shows that suit the present day. But I can't see either lasting the amount of time big brother did I can see the circle maybe having 1 or 2 series left. I loved it but I definitely can see it having a shocking axe

Loves island is already getting too greedy with the amount of series it's going to produce not to mention the international versions being on UK telly. Loved last year's Australian one but can't bring myself to start watching the new series, I tried the USA version I stopped watching after 2 Eps. Then to think a winter series is only a couple of months off its overkill.

The circle and love island both have a short lifespan so when they eventually get axed that's the best time to bring big brother back. So it needs to wait 4 or 5 years!

Marsh. 29-10-2019 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBrudder (Post 10703164)
No they can't not. They can and they will!!!

:banana::banana::banana:

They won't.

*mazedsalv** 29-10-2019 06:01 PM

I hope not.

It;s too early. It won't be seen as a revival, it would be seen as "oh great its back again". The longer you wait, the more you want it. Don't bring it back until at least 2022.

Cal. 30-10-2019 07:00 AM

It needs to be gone for a lot longer than bloody two years luvs!

Rob! 30-10-2019 01:04 PM

As much as I miss it, it does need to be gone for a bit longer than that

Liam- 30-10-2019 05:12 PM

Bring it back next year for an anniversary all star series, then let it rest for 2 or 3 years before bringing it back imo

James 31-10-2019 12:02 AM

There could easily be one main series a year, without people getting tired of it again. It doesn't need anymore resting.

BigBrudder 31-10-2019 03:09 AM

Yes and just 1 winter Celebrity series. I think the 2 was overkill and made all 3 series feel less special, with the added celeb series immediately following/prior to the regular series. It cheapened everything.

Tony Montana 31-10-2019 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James (Post 10704183)
There could easily be one main series a year, without people getting tired of it again. It doesn't need anymore resting.

It doesn't matter if there's only one series a year. With The Circle and Love Island around, BB wouldn't stand a chance, especially now that there will be two Love Islands a year.

zenon 03-11-2019 10:00 PM

BB was crying out for that break. Give it another four years at least.

James 03-11-2019 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Montana (Post 10704456)
It doesn't matter if there's only one series a year. With The Circle and Love Island around, BB wouldn't stand a chance, especially now that there will be two Love Islands a year.

It wouldn't necessarily need to be on during the summer, and competing with Love Island.

OLLIE97 04-11-2019 09:49 AM

Needs at least another 5/6 years off

Nicky91 04-11-2019 10:07 AM

Love Island doesn't need a winter series, it would more make sense to stick just as the summer show (July, August, September)

maybe BB can air in winter period, or to some extent towards May, June

Beastie 10-11-2019 08:37 AM

I would scrap the celebrity series. Big Brother should be on late summer to early autumn. In between when Love Island finishes and Celebrity get me out of here begins.