ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech, Movies & Video Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Scream 5: Discussion Thread: Neve Campbell Officially Confirmed (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=362448)

Glenn. 07-11-2019 03:50 AM

Scream (2022)

Quote:

Even after the passing of Wes Craven, Ghostface continues to live on.

Bloody Disgusting can exclusively report that Gary Barber’s Spyglass Media Group is currently developing the next Scream, based on the franchise created by Craven and writer Kevin Williamson.
While Craven had directed all four Scream films before his passing, various filmmakers would get behind the camera for a television series that ran for two seasons on MTV and a third on VH1.

All four films remained canon while the series would create its own mythology. It’s unclear if the next film will continue to be canonized within Craven’s universe or be a remake, but we are hearing that, as of this writing, Williamson is not writing the screenplay.

This news isn’t all that surprising being that Spyglass is remaking Hellraiser, Dimension Films’ other property that is being written by David S. Goyer (Blade II, Batman Begins, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice).

How did Spyglass land the rights? Well, as Variety previously explained, “Spyglass Media Group was re-launched as a content company in March by former MGM topper Barber, Lantern Entertainment co-presidents Andy Mitchell and Milos Brajovic and strategic investors Eagle Pictures and Cineworld Group.”

Lantern Entertainment is the company that acquired all of Dimension Films’ assets after the allegations against Harvey Weinstein put the company in bankruptcy.
Here for it

Cal. 07-11-2019 07:27 AM

Hmm. Not too sure on this.

Toy Soldier 07-11-2019 07:50 AM

Scream was an actual horror classic on its own... they shouldn't even have made Scream 2, let alone any of the other sequels / remakes.

Mystic Mock 07-11-2019 04:45 PM

I'm up for it as I even watched the TV Show.

Tony Montana 07-11-2019 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10707080)
Scream was an actual horror classic on its own... they shouldn't even have made Scream 2, let alone any of the other sequels / remakes.

Scream 2 was brilliant though and arguably better than the original.

Marsh. 07-11-2019 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10707080)

Excuse me, Scream 2 is excellent. :nono:

Amy Jade 07-11-2019 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Montana (Post 10707340)
Scream 2 was brilliant though and arguably better than the original.

It's a great sequel but it doesn't come close to the original.

Loved the killers identity and the CiCi chase scene though.

Marsh. 07-11-2019 06:19 PM

Yeah, I'd say overall Scream is the superior movie but Scream 2 actually has superior chase scenes. The scene in the cop car is excellent.

LukeB 07-11-2019 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 10707344)
Yeah, I'd say overall Scream is the superior movie but Scream 2 actually has superior chase scenes. The scene in the cop car is excellent.

1 has the superior opening scene (2 is great though) but everything else 2 was better. The cop car, cece and gale in the studio was amazing. So i think 2 was slightly better.

It’s kinda a shame the script was leaked because hallie would have been a shock, however i’m glad they changed it because derek would have been a **** reveal, another boyfriend killer but mickey and billy’s mum was a great choice.

Oliver_W 07-11-2019 08:08 PM

Scary Movie has ruined Scream (2) for me, I can't take the cinema scene seriously anymore :joker:

Marsh. 07-11-2019 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10707385)
Scary Movie has ruined Scream (2) for me, I can't take the cinema scene seriously anymore :joker:

Found the first Scary Movie funny but looking back the entire franchise was sh*te.

And when it came to Scream, it never made sense for them to parody it as Scream was so tongue-in-cheek and self aware itself anyway.

Marsh. 07-11-2019 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeB (Post 10707347)
1 has the superior opening scene (2 is great though) but everything else 2 was better. The cop car, cece and gale in the studio was amazing. So i think 2 was slightly better.

It’s kinda a shame the script was leaked because hallie would have been a shock, however i’m glad they changed it because derek would have been a **** reveal, another boyfriend killer but mickey and billy’s mum was a great choice.

That's another one. Gale's chase through the film school. :flutter:

Laurie Metcalfe was fantastic.

Oliver_W 07-11-2019 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 10707390)
Found the first Scary Movie funny but looking back the entire franchise was sh*te.

And when it came to Scream, it never made sense for them to parody it as Scream was so tongue-in-cheek and self aware itself anyway.

Eh, the Scary Movie series has always been crap, but the first three are watchable crap, imo

Marsh. 07-11-2019 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10707458)
Eh, the Scary Movie series has always been crap, but the first three are watchable crap, imo

Eh, eh, eh I'd say first 3 is stretching it.

Jason. 07-11-2019 11:49 PM

I love Scream but I think the franchise should be left alone now Craven is gone.

Plus every film following the same structure with the same characters surviving gets kinda stale. Scream 4 was disappointing in that regard because it did nothing new, despite being marketed as a new decade with new rules.

Marsh. 08-11-2019 12:15 AM

Jason coming in here wanting Courtney Cox dead. :rolleyes:

Tony Montana 08-11-2019 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeB (Post 10707347)

Yeah, Derek as the killer would've been boring and repetitive, but having Hallie as a killer would've been amazing and so unexpected.

Tony Montana 08-11-2019 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason. (Post 10707479)
I love Scream but I think the franchise should be left alone now Craven is gone.

Plus every film following the same structure with the same characters surviving gets kinda stale. Scream 4 was disappointing in that regard because it did nothing new, despite being marketed as a new decade with new rules.

Scream 4 should've had at least one of the 3 main characters killed off, maybe even Gale and Dewey together.

Amy Jade 08-11-2019 08:48 AM

I wouldn't mind Kirby being the main character if Neve Campbell won't return.

I doubt she would, she never wanted to do Scream 3 and openly dislikes the movie and she only returned to Scream 4 because Wes convinced her.

Tony Montana 08-11-2019 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy Jade (Post 10707540)
I wouldn't mind Kirby being the main character if Neve Campbell won't return.

I doubt she would, she never wanted to do Scream 3 and openly dislikes the movie and she only returned to Scream 4 because Wes convinced her.

Did Kirby even survive? Her fate was left ambiguous.

Sis got stabbed twice in the stomach, fell to the ground, holding her bleeding stomach all alone.

Did Craven confirm if she had died or not?

Tom4784 08-11-2019 12:22 PM

I think it's destined to fail. I really liked Scream 4 but it ultimately felt a bit unneeded and that's with pretty much all the original talent on board, I'm guessing this will be a reboot and it'll probably be mediocre at best.

Glenn. 08-11-2019 12:39 PM

I was hoping for a Blumhouse reboot (in about 10yrs)

A reboot just doesn’t feel justified. The original film still holds up quite well. I’d be here for a sequel if they literally kill the main three and start afresh completely and if the story was decent enough.

Amy Jade 08-11-2019 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Montana (Post 10707577)
Did Kirby even survive? Her fate was left ambiguous.

Sis got stabbed twice in the stomach, fell to the ground, holding her bleeding stomach all alone.

Did Craven confirm if she had died or not?

Only going off second hand info from youtube but Craven deliberately did that after test screens loved her and were sad she died, had Scream 4 done better and Scream 5 put into production Hayden would have most likely been back.

Marsh. 08-11-2019 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Montana (Post 10707490)
Scream 4 should've had at least one of the 3 main characters killed off, maybe even Gale and Dewey together.

Scream 5 should open with Dewey's murder. :love:

Marsh. 09-11-2019 12:00 AM

But, apparently Kevin Williamson's ideas for Scream 4 were vastly different to what we got. He left the project and it was re-written IIRC.