ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   TV Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The Mandalorian - Disney+ (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=362739)

Oliver_W 17-11-2019 09:31 AM

The Mandalorian - Disney+

Star Wars series, starring a bounty hunter who's the same "nationality" as Boba Fett.

I watched both eps this morning, it's brilliant :cheer2:

Barry. 17-11-2019 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10713500)
Star Wars series, starring a bounty hunter who's the same "nationality" as Boba Fett.

I'm guessing against the law then as we don't get disney+ yet.

Toy Soldier 17-11-2019 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry. (Post 10713501)
I'm guessing against the law then as we don't get disney+ yet.

TECHNICALLY, you could use a VPN to set up a US-based account and then it's not piracy :whistle:. I have a US Netflix account because there's quite a bit more content.

Toy Soldier 17-11-2019 10:11 AM

I personally am not watching Disney+ on their DUMB weekly schedule, I don't know why they're being all "different-from-Netflix-hmph!"... full season releases are MUCH better for streaming platforms. So, I'm just going to pretend that it is full season releases, and ignore each show until the season finale drops (December 27th in this case).

LukeB 17-11-2019 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10713511)
TECHNICALLY, you could use a VPN to set up a US-based account and then it's not piracy :whistle:. I have a US Netflix account because there's quite a bit more content.

Didn’t netflix block people from doing that?

Toy Soldier 17-11-2019 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeB (Post 10713521)
Didn’t netflix block people from doing that?

I'm sure they tried? All they could really do is IP block, so I'd imagine it doesn't work with free VPNs (speed would be bad anyway though with a free one). It definitely still works on my VPN. It actually adapts the content based on where I'm connected to (e.g. I can turn off the VPN and it'll show DC's Titans, which isn't on Netflix US because DC have their own streaming thing over there). From what I've read it isn't meant to do that... it's supposed to show the content from your "home country" no matter where in the world you are unless you log in consistently from a new location in which case it assumes you've relocated rather than travelling. But mine definitely changes between the two :think:

In fact I've just tested it, both logged in at the same time (one on PC one on VPN-connected server). Receipts in spoiler.

James 17-11-2019 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10713500)

I watched a Youtube reaction video to the second episode, and they had about 20 minutes of it playing in an inset in the corner.

It looked okay.

First episode got blocked by Disney. :hehe:

Jordan. 23-11-2019 07:59 PM

I didn't even know about this until I started seeing all the baby yoda memes :facepalm: Watching the first episode now, looks like it's gonna be good.

Oliver_W 28-12-2019 08:20 AM

The finale was good - the entire series was awesome! I'm not gonna crap on the Disney movies to praise this, but I will say I wish the creative team behind the show were in charge of the movies.

Deborah Chow is an awesome director, and apparently she's going to helm the Kenobi show! That's brilliant! Taika Waititi's finale kept my eyes on the screen the whole time. Great lineup of characters...

If the Baby Yoda memes put you off, don't worry, he's only a small part of the show!

Toy Soldier 28-12-2019 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10742641)
The finale was good - the entire series was awesome! I'm not gonna crap on the Disney movies to praise this, but I will say I wish the creative team behind the show were in charge of the movies.

Deborah Chow is an awesome director, and apparently she's going to helm the Kenobi show! That's brilliant! Taika Waititi's finale kept my eyes on the screen the whole time. Great lineup of characters...

If the Baby Yoda memes put you off, don't worry, he's only a small part of the show!

Personally I think the future of the Star Wars franchise is in streaming television rather than movies... the potential for merchandising is skywalker high.

Oliver_W 28-12-2019 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10742959)
Personally I think the future of the Star Wars franchise is in streaming television rather than movies... the potential for merchandising is skywalker high.

:joker:

I think that's literally the case tbh - it seems like all future movies have been "postponed" while S2 of Mando is coming, as is a Kenobi series, and a series for a random character from Rogue One:)

Vanessa 29-12-2019 04:33 AM

I hope they do more Star Wars spin off movies. Rogue One was great!
I heard about this series. Sounds good. And aww, baby Yoda is so cute :lovedup:

Oliver_W 29-12-2019 09:35 AM

it's really brilliant, I'd give it a solid recommend to anyone :) if you want to compare tastes, I would NOT recommend the Sequel Trilogy, as in I'd say "watch it if you want, don't put yourself out", while I'd give a recommendation to Solo, and a soft one to Rouge One.

Does any of that make sense? :joker:

Sequels - if you want to, maybe have it on in the background or something
Solo - yes
Rogue One - yeah sure
Mando - YES

Oliver_W 05-12-2020 10:18 AM

Mandalorian season 2!! (spoilers within)

Gahh it's so good!

I'd not seen the cartoon show with Ashoka, but she was awesome in last week's episode. Cara Dune is great too, there're rumours she's going to get her own spinoff show, which would be great, especially as she's now a warden (or something)

AND BOBA FETT'S BACK!!

Ramsay 05-12-2020 10:39 AM

Star was needed this. Love what they're doing with it!

Oliver_W 06-12-2020 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramsay (Post 10964745)
Star was needed this. Love what they're doing with it!

It's certainly a pallet-cleanser after the sequel trilogy :joker:

James 11-12-2020 09:12 AM

I've not watched it, but what is it with Star Wars and bringing back characters that were obviously killed off previously.

Darth Maul, The Emperor now,

Spoiler:

Boba Fett.

Niamh. 11-12-2020 09:28 AM

I've just started Season 2 and I know these are stupid questions but when is this supposed to be is it before or after the Star Wars movies? Also, is baby Yoda the actual yoda or just the same species as Yoda?

James 11-12-2020 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10967384)
I've just started Season 2 and I know these are stupid questions but when is this supposed to be is it before or after the Star Wars movies? Also, is baby Yoda the actual yoda or just the same species as Yoda?

I think it is set about 5 years after the original trilogy of films?

Niamh. 11-12-2020 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James (Post 10967402)
I think it is set about 5 years after the original trilogy of films?

So baby Yoda isn't the actual Yoda then? :laugh: Although, if it's set after the original films surely people would know what he was because Yoda was kind of famous?

James 11-12-2020 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10967408)
So baby Yoda isn't the actual Yoda then? :laugh: Although, if it's set after the original films surely people would know what he was because Yoda was kind of famous?

Yeah, I guess not, unless they are doing something really weird. :unsure: I mean they never explained in the latest film how The Emperor survived being thrown down that shaft, then blowing up in a nuclear explosion.

Niamh. 11-12-2020 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James (Post 10967410)
Yeah, I guess not, unless they are doing something really weird. :unsure: I mean they never explained in the latest film how The Emperor survived being thrown down that shaft, then blowing up in a nuclear explosion.

hhhmmm I am enjoying the show though, I just need to stop thinking about when it is and what the connections are :laugh:

Oliver_W 11-12-2020 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10967408)

Yoda was famous among the Jedi and politicians who were involved with them. To Bob Average, they were just weirdos and/or supercops. Even then Yoda had a desk job instead of getting involved.

In all six Star Wars movies, there was only one other from Yoda's species. Yaddle was in the Jedi Council, and didn't have any lines.

Plus, Mando was raised in an insular cult, all non-Mandos were probably the same to him.

Niamh. 11-12-2020 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10967596)
Yoda was famous among the Jedi and politicians who were involved with them. To Bob Average, they were just weirdos and/or supercops. Even then Yoda had a desk job instead of getting involved.

In all six Star Wars movies, there was only one other from Yoda's species. Yaddle was in the Jedi Council, and didn't have any lines.

Plus, Mando was raised in an insular cult, all non-Mandos were probably the same to him.

Literally no one so far though that has seen baby Yoda knew what he was (besides the people who hired him in the first place) but thanks, that makes more sense now

Jordan. 19-12-2020 11:06 PM