ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Thousands of UK jobs threatened by Npower closure plan... (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=363117)

Ammi 29-11-2019 07:25 AM

Thousands of UK jobs threatened by Npower closure plan...

...is there a thread..?...sorry Arista if there is...a very nice mod could merge etc...

Energy giant Npower is to close most of its eight UK sites threatening thousands of jobs.

Unions have described the move as a "body blow", coming just weeks before Christmas.

The company, which has 5,700 staff, is in "a critical and unsustainable business situation", according to its owner innogy, which is part of German-based E.ON.

It described the UK market as "facing unprecedented challenges".

Under the shake-up Npower's domestic and small business customers will be dealt with by E.ON UK customer services.

Innogy said this would "create substantial synergies from running a single customer service platform rather than two".

It added: "The remaining Npower operations would be restructured over the next two years.

...full article...

https://news.sky.com/story/npower-an...-jobs-11873108

bitontheslide 29-11-2019 07:29 AM

between brexit and labours plans to nationalise anything, business confidence is rock bottom

smudgie 29-11-2019 09:27 AM

Not surprised.
Customers are wising up to their over the top charges and moving to better deals.

The Slim Reaper 29-11-2019 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10723359)
between brexit and labours plans to nationalise anything, business confidence is rock bottom

You do realise that the tories have been in power for 9 years, and are going to get another 5 years in a couple of weeks time?

Labour are to blame for business confidence? That's complete madness.

bitontheslide 29-11-2019 10:14 AM

don't get all uppity with me Mr Rim Sleaper :fist:, until the votes are counted, labour have a chance

arista 29-11-2019 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10723358)
...is there a thread..?...sorry Arista if there is...a very nice mod could merge etc...

Energy giant Npower is to close most of its eight UK sites threatening thousands of jobs.

Unions have described the move as a "body blow", coming just weeks before Christmas.

The company, which has 5,700 staff, is in "a critical and unsustainable business situation", according to its owner innogy, which is part of German-based E.ON.

It described the UK market as "facing unprecedented challenges".

Under the shake-up Npower's domestic and small business customers will be dealt with by E.ON UK customer services.

Innogy said this would "create substantial synergies from running a single customer service platform rather than two".

It added: "The remaining Npower operations would be restructured over the next two years.

...full article...

https://news.sky.com/story/npower-an...-jobs-11873108

Well done doing thread Live as it was annouced
I viewed yours
I thought , Great.

Its the wrong time of year to
do this.
They should have done it in the Summer.

arista 29-11-2019 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudgie (Post 10723423)
Not surprised.
Customers are wising up to their over the top charges and moving to better deals.

Yes more will Jump.

The Slim Reaper 29-11-2019 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10723445)
don't get all uppity with me Mr Rim Sleaper :fist:, until the votes are counted, labour have a chance

So what? You blamed business confidence on something labour has no control over, which is stupid at best.

You're not an idiot, so you know better than this.

LeatherTrumpet 29-11-2019 11:46 AM

I doubt there is any business in the Ftse 500 who wants labour to win

if they do confidence would be rock bottom and shares would plummet

Kizzy 29-11-2019 11:57 AM

They are a German company, why would they want to stay here post brexit? They don't want the red tape that goes with operating and employing in a non EU country... why the hell would they stay?

Based on what deal we leave with determines if they stay, a no deal exit and them and many others will disappear.

The Slim Reaper 29-11-2019 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10723506)
I doubt there is any business in the Ftse 500 who wants labour to win

if they do confidence would be rock bottom and shares would plummet

That's not how financial markets really work. Bots was half right in his original post. Brexit has already cost the economy £70b, so lets revisit this topic 12 months after a johnson hard brexit, and talk about how labor are to blame. We're already on the verge of recession now according to the last growth figures

There's not a group of medical professionals that wants the tories to win for the good of the NHS, but we're ok to ignore and dismiss them?

LeatherTrumpet 29-11-2019 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 10723514)
That's not how financial markets really work. Bots was half right in his original post. Brexit has already cost the economy £70b, so lets revisit this topic 12 months after a johnson hard brexit, and talk about how labor are to blame. We're already on the verge of recession now according to the last growth figures

There's not a group of medical professionals that wants the tories to win for the good of the NHS, but we're ok to ignore and dismiss them?

how do you know how individual people will vote based on job title?

you just made that up

Vanessa 29-11-2019 12:55 PM

My gas and electric is from e.on :worry:

The Slim Reaper 29-11-2019 01:02 PM

Vanessa gaming the system.

Grim Reaper 29-11-2019 01:03 PM

Think I'll just withhold payment while they sort it out though!

The Slim Reaper 29-11-2019 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10723561)
how do you know how individual people will vote based on job title?

you just made that up

That's not what I said.

arista 29-11-2019 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa (Post 10723572)
My gas and electric is from e.on :worry:

They are going to takeover
Npower accounts.

Grim Reaper 29-11-2019 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 10723609)
They are going to takeover
Npower accounts.

Bit of luck they'll lose ours in the crossover! :laugh: