ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Stormzy tells kids the PM is bad, P.Morgan twitter fight (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=363665)

arista 19-12-2019 01:46 AM

Stormzy tells kids the PM is bad, P.Morgan twitter fight

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/resou...onsive-gallery

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...-pm-is-bad-man

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/12072...jpg&name=small

[Stormzy has defended himself
after Piers Morgan took issue
with him criticising Boris Johnson
to a group of children.
The UK grime star was talking
to young pupils at his old primary school
in Thornton Heath, south London,
when he was asked why
he was not a fan of the prime minister.
He replied that
Johnson was “a very, very bad man”.]

[Good Morning Britain presenter Morgan
was quick to comment, tweeting:
“He shouldn’t have done this,
and shouldn’t have been allowed to do this.”
Stormzy responded: “The kid asked
me a question and I replied
truthfully nothing wrong with that Piers lol.”]

[Morgan replied that the music star
should use his power
“more carefully”, saying:
“Come off it Stormzy – saying stuff like
that to a bunch of
very young schoolkids isn’t cool,
and you know it.
“You’re a hugely influential role model
now to so many youngsters.
Wield that power more carefully.”

Stormzy replied: “No, it isn’t cool,
it’s the truth lol. Again, they asked
me a question and I answered
it truthfully and with jest.]

[Before the election, Stormzy urged
his fans to vote for Labour and
described Johnson as a “f. prick” in an impassioned
video to his 2.7 million Instagram followers.
He said Corbyn was “a man of hope,
a man of justice, a man of equality”.]

Sign Of The Times.

Oliver_W 19-12-2019 06:14 AM

Well I happen to think his "music" is tortuous ear rape, but there are some questions you answer with a bit more tact when talking to a group of small kids.

Maybe the school should give him the chance to sit in a few PSHE lessons.

Mystic Mock 19-12-2019 06:22 AM

He maybe could've worded it differently, but there's nothing wrong imo with letting people teach kids their own Political views.

However the School should maybe balance it out with a Piers Morgan visit and let him state his views to the kids.

Niamh. 19-12-2019 06:24 AM

Why isn't he allowed his opinion? I thought Piers was a fan of opinion expression. Also I really like Stormzy :love:

arista 19-12-2019 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10737745)
Why isn't he allowed his opinion? I thought Piers was a fan of opinion expression. Also I really like Stormzy :love:

Morgan does want free expression
but not telling little kids
the Winning PM is bad.

If he is so bad
how the hell did he Win so many
Labour seats???????????????????

Ammi 19-12-2019 06:58 AM

...he was asked a question and gave a truthful answer...?...the child knew that he wasn’t a fan of Boris and asked him why...he left it vague, by just saying he ‘was a bad man’...it was a good response ....

...whenever there is any celebrity thing that might be a little controversial or whatever...Piers is always there, making it all about him...

Niamh. 19-12-2019 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 10737748)
Morgan does want free expression

but not telling little kids

the Winning PM is bad.

If he is so bad

how the hell did he Win so many

Labour seats???????????????????

Free expression "but" is a contradiction, seems like Piers wants free expression as long as he agrees with it

Ammi 19-12-2019 07:15 AM

...he also responded in a very tongue in cheek way...?...but he responded with honesty and honesty is the most important thing, which Stormzy is aware of...the alternative that Piers seems to be advocating, would be to lie...

Cherie 19-12-2019 07:16 AM

I love Stromzy but I don't think telling youngsters that someone who is now running the country is 'bad' is helpful, hopefully none of them have nightmares :laugh: He could have said, I don't think he will do a good job or something along those lines, in young kids eyes bad = evil

Ammi 19-12-2019 07:25 AM

...children, even in Primary school are very much aware of the political world around them..(..in more vague terms obviously...)..they’re encouraged in critical thinking and what ideals they themselves think of as ‘good’ and ‘bad’...they don’t think of it in terms of ‘evil’...(..in my own personal experience, of course..)...children will tell me their views daily...there are ways in which he could have said it so as to be truthful and he chose a tongue in cheek way, which I personally think was perfectly fine...

Oliver_W 19-12-2019 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10737755)
I love Stromzy but I don't think telling youngsters that someone who is now running the country is 'bad' is helpful, hopefully none of them have nightmares :laugh: He could have said, I don't think he will do a good job or something along those lines, in young kids eyes bad = evil

Exactly, I have no problem with people sharing their political views, but putting it so bluntly and telling them what to think is BS.

arista 19-12-2019 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10737759)
...children, even in Primary school are very much aware of the political world around them..(..in more vague terms obviously...)..they’re encouraged in critical thinking and what ideals they themselves think of as ‘good’ and ‘bad’...they don’t think of it in terms of ‘evil’...(..in my own personal experience, of course..)...children will tell me their views daily...there are ways in which he could have said it so as to be truthful and he chose a tongue in cheek way, which I personally think was perfectly fine...

Its better to say the Truth
The New PM won a massive majority
lets give him a chance.

Do not scare kids , like that

Firewire 19-12-2019 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10737761)
Exactly, I have no problem with people sharing their political views, but putting it so bluntly and telling them what to think is BS.

How?

Kids go home and ask their parents their views on the world and will be told bluntly.

There's nothing wrong with Stormzy doing the same. He has absolutely no duty of care to those children.

Kazanne 19-12-2019 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 10737640)
https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/resou...onsive-gallery

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...-pm-is-bad-man

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/12072...jpg&name=small

[Stormzy has defended himself
after Piers Morgan took issue
with him criticising Boris Johnson
to a group of children.
The UK grime star was talking
to young pupils at his old primary school
in Thornton Heath, south London,
when he was asked why
he was not a fan of the prime minister.
He replied that
Johnson was “a very, very bad man”.]

[Good Morning Britain presenter Morgan
was quick to comment, tweeting:
“He shouldn’t have done this,
and shouldn’t have been allowed to do this.”
Stormzy responded: “The kid asked
me a question and I replied
truthfully nothing wrong with that Piers lol.”]

[Morgan replied that the music star
should use his power
“more carefully”, saying:
“Come off it Stormzy – saying stuff like
that to a bunch of
very young schoolkids isn’t cool,
and you know it.
“You’re a hugely influential role model
now to so many youngsters.
Wield that power more carefully.”

Stormzy replied: “No, it isn’t cool,
it’s the truth lol. Again, they asked
me a question and I answered
it truthfully and with jest.]

[Before the election, Stormzy urged
his fans to vote for Labour and
described Johnson as a “f. prick” in an impassioned
video to his 2.7 million Instagram followers.
He said Corbyn was “a man of hope,
a man of justice, a man of equality”.]

Sign Of The Times.

He was wrong, he gave HIS opinion and was bound to be biased,kids need to make up their own minds with no one pushing them to think as they do,just because they think they are a celeb, I could give my opinion that his music is ****e,but not everyone would agree,he needs to stick to trying to make music, cant stand people who try and force their opinions on others especially kids, as for him answering truthfully,of course it was in HIS eyes, which is the problem.

LeatherTrumpet 19-12-2019 08:43 AM

i like sme of his songs but when i hear him speak :umm2:

he is full f the biggest BS around

stick to songs m8

Firewire 19-12-2019 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 10737775)
He was wrong, he gave HIS opinion and was bound to be biased,kids need to make up their own minds with no one pushing them to think as they do,just because they think they are a celeb, I could give my opinion that his music is ****e,but not everyone would agree,he needs to stick to trying to make music, cant stand people who try and force their opinions on theirs especially kids.

He's not forcing his opinion.

Forcing his opinion would be him ranting and raving about how much he hates Boris Johnson without any need. He was asked a question and then answered it. He could've been more blunt if he wanted to. I thought his answer was quite tame.

Kazanne 19-12-2019 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firewire (Post 10737778)
He's not forcing his opinion.

Forcing his opinion would be him ranting and raving about how much he hates Boris Johnson without any need. He was asked a question and then answered it. He could've been more blunt if he wanted to. I thought his answer was quite tame.

Let him stick to praising 'his man of hope' then instead of trying to influence kids to think the same as he does that he doesn't like the man more people voted for.

Twosugars 19-12-2019 08:53 AM

Good one Stormzy :laugh:

Marsh. 19-12-2019 08:57 AM

Would Piers have taken issue if Stormzy's response was highly complimentary? No. He'd argue freedom of speech.

Hypocrite.

Marsh. 19-12-2019 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 10737779)
Let him stick to praising 'his man of hope' then instead of trying to influence kids to think the same as he does that he doesn't like the man more people voted for.

"Trying to influence" Give over, he was asked a question. :joker:

Marsh. 19-12-2019 09:00 AM

All this "his music is sh*te" irrelevant sour grapes would probably be seen as childish even by that primary school class.

"He insulted me fave Prime Minister :("

Twosugars 19-12-2019 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 10737779)

Bet you approve of "influencing " kids with religion

At least he told the truth

:laugh::laugh::wavey:

Liam- 19-12-2019 09:02 AM

King of selective free speech strikes again

Niamh. 19-12-2019 09:03 AM

I mean as if those kids haven't heard all sorts about Boris and Jeremy Corbyn anyway over the last few months between the election and Brexit in general, I'm sure "he's a bad man" is pretty light in comparison

Marsh. 19-12-2019 09:04 AM

Yeah, are the election campaigns themselves shy about voicing their doomsday predictions about one another?

Do they think of the children? Especially children that aren't born of the wealthy?

Do me a favour.