ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   RuPaul’s Drag Race (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=740)
-   -   Season 12 queens revealed (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=364592)

Shaun 23-01-2020 03:29 PM

Season 12 queens revealed

Don't quote me on it but I believe the schedule for this year goes:

Season 12 -> AS5 -> Celebrity -> UK2, with Canada thrown in somewhere but who cares about that?

Think that's half an hour from now but idk.

lewis111 23-01-2020 03:45 PM

This is the first season in about 5 years when I haven't stumbled upon the cast pre-reveal, so I'm rather excited to see them

Saph 23-01-2020 04:20 PM

its up now

lewis111 23-01-2020 04:24 PM

The all seem decent enough based on their look and a walk

Ammi 23-01-2020 04:24 PM

.....awww, gorgeous cast...:lovedup:...when does it start..?..

Saph 23-01-2020 04:26 PM

bye @ Heidi N Closet

Saph 23-01-2020 04:32 PM

god yvie oddly is so annoying..

MB. 23-01-2020 07:27 PM

My initial favourites would probably be Brita Filter (!!!), Gigi, Heidi, Jackie, Jaida and Sherry Pie, but there's nobody who I'm immediately averse to

Although I'm a little surprised re: Dahlia, as I've seen a lot of her on Instagram before and she's served some much better looks than either of her promo looks

Josiah. 23-01-2020 07:30 PM

For those who may have missed it, despite living in NYC, Nicky Doll is the first French person on Drag Race, as she's originally from Paris (France, not Texas).

Captain.Remy 24-01-2020 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josiah. (Post 10762053)
For those who may have missed it, despite living in NYC, Nicky Doll is the first French person on Drag Race, as she's originally from Paris (France, not Texas).

A queen from my country! :dance:

Marie-Antoinette WHO?:joker:

Saph 24-01-2020 12:24 PM

everyones gagging over Gigi ...dare I say I dont see it?? im getting scarlett envy vibes

lewis111 24-01-2020 12:41 PM

I've watched all the meet the queens and this is probably my favourite pre-season cast ever? I think going down to 13 queens was a good move as they all stand out slightly more now. Pre-Season faves are Rock, Jaida, Brita, Jan, Jackie and Crystal

Shaun 24-01-2020 01:10 PM

Is there anywhere to watch the whole reveal thing? I had to go out for dinner when it happened.

Saph 24-01-2020 01:14 PM

I think its on their twitter? the meet the queens interviews are on VH1 youtube

Shaun 24-01-2020 01:15 PM

Oh was there no live event thing like last year's disaster with Aquaria and that figure-skating twink? I'm sure I remember people mentioning Yvie Oddly yesterday (but maybe she just interviews them idk)

Saph 24-01-2020 01:16 PM

thankfully no, Yvie just presents a small bit

Saph 24-01-2020 01:20 PM

Shaun 24-01-2020 02:27 PM

Hmm, thoughts on everyone based on these videos...

Aiden - I kinda like her style and makeup, but that runway walk :skull: that's a man, Maury. The personality is a little bit too serious, not sure she'll do very well unless she's insanely talented. Maybe more of a Dragula queen, really.

Brita - Come thru, veneers! I like her a lot already, seems fun and confident. Love her eyes as well.

Crystal - Oh she's different. I'm not sure, there's something about how she speaks that suggests...not a frontrunner. But she's sweet and the crazy makeup is endearing.

Dahlia - I knew she was in the Haus of Aja but I wasn't aware she was a clone :worry: she strikes me as vapid and a little annoying. Referring to herself as trade as well. Oh dear.

Gigi - I like how she articulates herself but I really have no idea what to expect from her. I think she'll make it far though.

Heidi - I adore her voice. Could be the meme queen of the season, and think her confessionals will be fun. Her laugh reminds me of Octavia Spencer and now I stan.

Jackie - I don't want to compare to previous queens but I get strong Cracker vibes here... hopefully she's less insufferable. Seems more laidback and fun, anyway.

Jaida - Everything about her suggests I should stan but for now I am tentative! Very eloquent and confident, but unsure about her.

Jan - I don't want to be mean but that voice... I have no idea how she'll fare. Seems super nice and being connected to Alexis Michelle would suggest she has Broadway Talent. Wonder if the Gothy runway was intentional.

Nicky - I am expecting looks! Seems fascinating and unique enough to go far.

Rock - I feel strong nonchalance towards her. I know the OTT eyes will earn Trixie comparisons but I think the "keeps making 20 jokes that don't land" is more of a basis for a Trixie comparison.

Sherry - When I heard there was a Sherry and a Jackie on this season I was a little confused, and thought we might be in for a legends season. Turns out we are still in for a legends season. Love her. She's only 27, though!?

Widow - Love her already. Dirty laugh.

General thoughts: all of the white queens (bar Jan) have 2,000+ more likes on YouTube than the POC queens and that's absolutely not at all suspect :) 13 queens is unusual, too... but then with the one spoiler I've actually read this season (seriously! don't even know who goes first!)...

Spoiler:

I think nobody actually goes home until Episode 3? So the smaller cast makes sense.

Unsure if this is actually true, though

Saph 24-01-2020 02:32 PM

tbf im a little tired of the southern texas pageant type queens they seem to get every season, I think Ru just loves them

the whole davenport collection etc

MB. 25-01-2020 04:23 AM

I can see why her attempt at a singing career via America's Got Talent didn't quite work out

Ammi 26-01-2020 04:59 AM

...Black Widow spiders are big, black and dangerous...’oh, that’s me b**ch..’...loving the glamorous widow...:lovedup:...

Ammi 26-01-2020 05:02 AM

...I love Rock M Sakura’s style...:love:..

Ammi 26-01-2020 05:06 AM

...oh Remy, Nicky Doll is gorgeous...:lovedup:...Paris is always a good idea to stan...

Jigs 26-01-2020 05:21 PM

WIDOW VON'DU
JAIDA ESSENCE HALL
GIGI GOODE
JACKIE COX
CRYSTAL METHYD

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I also like Heidi N Closet and Aiden Zhane personality-wise but they might be hit-or-miss for me.

Sherry, Jan, Nicky, Rock and Brita don't excite me at all tbh.

Barry. 26-01-2020 05:27 PM

I don't know who I will like more.