ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   TV Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Little Fires Everywhere (Amazon Prime) (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=365175)

Smithy 18-02-2020 07:29 PM

Little Fires Everywhere (Amazon Prime)

I loved the book, hopefully they don’t **** up the show :fist

Smithy 24-05-2020 06:33 PM

This is on Amazon Prime for anyone that wants to watch it

I’m 3 eps in so far, i don’t like how they’ve made Mia really standoffish, she’s not like that in the book, also don’t remember a lot of the stuff with the kids happening :suspect:

Cal. 24-05-2020 06:58 PM

Mia is such a bitch I really wanna like her but wth?

Marsh. 24-05-2020 10:20 PM

Sick of Kerry Washington baring her teeth after every line.

I'm kind of thinking the Chinese lady is the fire starter (I'm on episode 4). But is that too obvious. And "little fires everywhere" is obviously important I dunno. They all burned it down?

Marsh. 24-05-2020 10:21 PM

Having said that I was hoping Mia would slap Reese Witherspoon when she called her a bad mother.

Cheeky cow. :nono:

Smithy 24-05-2020 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 10846296)
Sick of Kerry Washington baring her teeth after every line.

I'm kind of thinking the Chinese lady is the fire started (I'm on episode 4). But is that too obvious. And "little fires everywhere" is obviously important I dunno. They all burned it down?

Girl why would the chinese lady burn down Reece witherspoons house, don’t make cents luv!

Marsh. 24-05-2020 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10846328)
Girl why would the chinese lady burn down Reece witherspoons house, don’t make cents luv!

She's helping her friend's keep her baby and tried to pay her off with 10k whilst shouting at her that she's a bad mum. Who knows what happens next to set her off. :omgno:

Smithy 30-05-2020 02:36 PM

I just finished it, I didn’t mind the changes to the ending (although I though Pearl wanting to visit her grandparents was odd considering they’d disowned her mum?) I thought the changes to the story throughout were slightly order choices.

I much prefer Mia’s relationship with her teacher in the book, it’s not sexual in the slightest, her teachers this old white lady who almost becomes a second mum to her whilst she’s in NY

Marsh. 31-05-2020 02:08 AM

Spoiler:

The leap to the kids all setting the fire was a big one, I like the idea of it but because the kids bar Izzy and Pearl were not really developed it was a bit of a stretch. Throughout the episode I actually thought because Reese's story was her pretty much hating her life I was expecting her to burn it down after Izzy ran.

I knew May Ling was gonna be snatched as soon as her husband told her to let the baby settle. :joker:

I didn't understand Pearl wanting to meet her grandparents either, that was odd.

Overall, a better ending than I was expecting. But one thing, Izzy? Did she just get a ride to New York or...?

Smithy 31-05-2020 09:33 AM

You don’t find out where she ends up in the book either, the house burning happens during the day and it’s before Mia has left (iirc) she does to the house they’re renting but by that tile they’re gone

Marsh. 31-05-2020 06:15 PM

Yeah because it shows her in Mia's car but then when she pulls up outside her parent's house, she isn't there anymore.

Just read on twitter that the book ended with clarification that Elena never found her again. :omgno: What a bleak ending.

Smithy 31-05-2020 06:19 PM

That’s a dream, she’s not actually in her car, she’s hitched a ride somewhere

Marsh. 31-05-2020 06:20 PM

Oh. That makes more sense.