ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Hair/beauty salons ‘bin’ gossip magazines after Caroline’s death... (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=365306)

Ammi 24-02-2020 05:21 AM

Hair/beauty salons ‘bin’ gossip magazines after Caroline’s death...

Hair salons have said they have stopped stocking celebrity gossip magazines after the death of Caroline Flack.
Some hairdressers posted the decision on social media after the former Love Island host was found dead.
Among them was salon owner Anita Donoghue whose Facebook post about binning "pages of fat shaming, slut shaming, celebs without make-up" was shared thousands of times.
A press regulator said it had received complaints over headlines about Caroline Flack following her death.
The Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO) said it was investigating a number of complaints in line with its normal procedure.

End of Facebook post by Hair Café salon
Ms Flack was found dead weeks before she was due to stand trial for assaulting her boyfriend - a prosecution he did not support.
She wrote in an unpublished Instagram post: "I am suddenly on a different kind of stage and everyone is watching it happen."
Ms Donoghue, salon director of Hair Cafe in Dublin, said hairdressers had been posting about their dislike of gossip magazines for years.
"I'm by no means the first to do this," she said. "But I think I was one of the first to react in this way to the sad news about Caroline," said the 41-year-old.

She wrote in an unpublished Instagram post: "I am suddenly on a different kind of stage and everyone is watching it happen."
Ms Donoghue, salon director of Hair Cafe in Dublin, said hairdressers had been posting about their dislike of gossip magazines for years.
"I'm by no means the first to do this," she said. "But I think I was one of the first to react in this way to the sad news about Caroline," said the 41-year-old.

"I was unconsciously going out and buying these magazines because it was the norm to see them in salons, cafes, dentists' waiting rooms.
"When I thought about Caroline and the impact these magazines have had on her life I wanted to make a change."
Ms Donoghue's post has been liked and shared thousands of times and other hairdressers have composed similar messages.
"It's unbelievable how it's been picked up," she said. "It's the right thing to do. I want to cry I'm so proud," she said.

...rest of story...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-51564975

Mystic Mock 24-02-2020 06:45 AM

There was nothing wrong with journalists reporting on the Caroline case, but these Magazines/Newspapers took it too far with the mocking of her when she clearly weren't fully right in the head imo.

Anyway I support anyone that takes a stance against the Media as they've been allowed to get away with extreme articles for far too long.

LeatherTrumpet 24-02-2020 07:03 AM

One hairdresser "says" they are binning gossip mags

the rest remain unbothered

bitontheslide 24-02-2020 08:44 AM

Don't people realise that this is the salon's shamelessly getting opportunistic publicity for their business at the expense of someone who committed suicide

LeatherTrumpet 24-02-2020 08:54 AM

Hopefully they will send the money they save on the mags to a domestic abuse charity?

Marsh. 24-02-2020 09:00 AM

What? The fiver?

Places like that buy new mags every 5 years.

Toy Soldier 24-02-2020 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 10785733)
What? The fiver?

Places like that buy new mags every 5 years.

QUEEN FURIOUS WITH ROYAL BRIDE!!

"The Queen is said to be absolutely furious that the addition to the Royal Family is apparently dating a Muslim man."

Marsh. 24-02-2020 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10785736)
QUEEN FURIOUS WITH ROYAL BRIDE!!

"The Queen is said to be absolutely furious that the addition to the Royal Family is apparently dating a Muslim man."

:laugh2: