ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Drag Queen FLO JOB reads to children in Scottish Primary School (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=365340)

LeatherTrumpet 25-02-2020 10:49 AM

Drag Queen FLO JOB reads to children in Scottish Primary School

:umm2:

A local authority has apologised after a drag queen appeared at an LGBT event in a primary school.

Renfrewshire Council said it was investigating after concerns were raised about the sexual content of social media posts by FlowJob.

https://i2-prod.dailyrecord.co.uk/in...S207315750.jpg

Drag queen Flowjob was invited to the Paisley primary school to speak to pupils about the Section 28 Act

SNP politician Mhairi Black who is a lesbian has defended a decision to invite a
drag queen into a primary school to read to pupils, despite an outcry from
parents over sexually explicit social media posts.

Drag queen FlowJob was invited into Glencoats Primary in Paisley,
Renfrewshire, last week to speak to pupils about the notorious Section 28
Act, which was later repealed.

https://i2-prod.dailyrecord.co.uk/in...S207277834.jpg

After parents voiced concern that sexually explicit images were on FlowJob's social media profile,
Renfrewshire Council has said it would never have invited the performer had it been aware of the posts.

But Black slated critics and accused them of homophobia.

Writing on Twitter, she said: "You just know that the people pretending to be livid that a drag queen
read a book in a school are also the people who run out to buy their kids the latest Grand Theft Auto on release day.

"Your homophobia is transparent."

And campaign group LGBT Youth Scotland wrote on Twitter: "We're horrified to see the abusive messages
and tweets targeting Glencoats Primary School for their bold and brilliant LGBT inclusive education practices.

"We are proud to work with their pioneering headteacher, and recognise the school as an example to
others across the country."

The Act was introduced by Margaret Thatcher to ban the 'promotion of
homosexuality' in schools.

The event was attended by Renfrewshire MSP Mhairi Black, a vocal activist
for LGBTQ rights.

A spokesman for campaign group ForWomen.scot said: "Sending abusive
messages to a school is not OK, but questions about this are legitimate.

"A male who dresses as a sexualised parody of a women, goes by the name
"flowjob" is hardly a role model for primary aged children.

"Did no one check this?".

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/s...ueens-21567521

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/l...visit-21567889

Livia 25-02-2020 10:54 AM

I adore drag queens as entertainment but not as educators. They have no business in a school. As a woman, I don't mind men parodying me and other women for entertainment purposes but it's entirely inappropriate in a setting like this.

bitontheslide 25-02-2020 10:59 AM

would anyone have complained if it had been Dame Edna? I don't think so

Elliot 25-02-2020 11:02 AM

‘Sexualised parody of women’ is a bizarre way to describe drag

LeatherTrumpet 25-02-2020 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10786301)

i think they would

"The comedian behind Dame Edna Everage, a drag queen, has called trans people 'terrible rat-baggery'. He also said teachers who promote trans rights are 'evil' and 'crazy'. Humphries has also called the idea of being trans a 'fashion'. ... He previously attacked trans women, calling them 'mutilated men'.!"

Livia 25-02-2020 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10786301)

Dame Edna isn't called Flowjob and Barry Humphries does not have indecent picture on his website. THANK GOD!!

Livia 25-02-2020 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliot (Post 10786307)
‘Sexualised parody of women’ is a bizarre way to describe drag

It says exactly what it is. They are parodying women in a sexualised way.

Jordan. 25-02-2020 11:08 AM

Primary school children shouldn't be on social media so what's the issue?

Cherie 25-02-2020 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan. (Post 10786315)

:joker:

Livia 25-02-2020 11:25 AM

Drag Queens belong in night clubs and on Drag Race.

Alf 25-02-2020 11:25 AM

We used to have a magician come to our primary school. Many a time he allowed me to play with his magic wand.

parmnion 25-02-2020 11:55 AM

The name alone should have stopped this happening..an absolute atrocious and idiotic decision from the school....and maihri black can shut her cake hole as well.

LeatherTrumpet 25-02-2020 12:09 PM

I remember back in the 70s when all you had to worry about at primary school were all the paedo teachers and weird men outside the gates in flasher macs

now its drag queens reading Mog books

when will the madness end?

Kizzy 25-02-2020 12:30 PM

Meg and mog! :love:

No I don't agree with it either, you don't need to explain section 28 to primary school children for a start! From year 7 onwards maybe, why can't we just let kids be kids? Piling all these issues on young shoulders is not good, as long as they know to be respectful to all and non judgemental that's enough..You don't need a drag queen to do that.

Teachers can't have certain things on their social media that should go for anyone who comes in to school to educate too.

Marsh. 25-02-2020 12:33 PM

Those shelves, that notice board and that desk need a damn good de-clutter. The staff seem so lazy and unorganised.

bitontheslide 25-02-2020 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10786396)
I remember back in the 70s when all you had to worry about at primary school were all the paedo teachers and weird men outside the gates in flasher macs

now its drag queens reading Mog books

when will the madness end?

our school had a paedo headmaster and it's disciplinary record topped the charts ..... because no-one wanted to get hauled up in front of the headmaster :laugh:

LeatherTrumpet 25-02-2020 12:36 PM

They should have booked his brother instead

Flo Lapse

Toy Soldier 25-02-2020 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10786428)
They should have booked his brother instead

Flo Lapse

THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE why would his brother have the same first name and a different surname. THINK before you speak, for goodness sakes.

..."Hans Job" could have worked.

LeatherTrumpet 25-02-2020 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10786440)
THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE why would his brother have the same first name and a different surname. THINK before you speak, for goodness sakes.

..."Hans Job" could have worked.

:joker: i did chastise my self after i posted as that occurred to me

Livia 25-02-2020 12:54 PM

I laughed Trumpet... because I didn't overthink it like TS. You know what he's like.............

Tom4784 25-02-2020 12:54 PM

Seems silly, all she is doing is reading to kids. As long as she's not explaining how to douche or proper fisting techniques to them then it seems like conservative outrage for the sake of outrage to me.

LeatherTrumpet 25-02-2020 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 10786447)
Seems silly, all she is doing is reading to kids. As long as she's not explaining how to douche or proper fisting techniques to them then it seems like conservative outrage for the sake of outrage to me.

Its Paisley, they already know..

Smithy 25-02-2020 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan. (Post 10786315)

Literally what I was gonna say

Toy Soldier 25-02-2020 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10786451)
Its Paisley, they already know..

Hey! I lived in Paisley for 2 years (18 - 20) with my dad after my parents split.

... ... ... and yes, out of the 5 towns I've lived in it was the roughest by a significant margin. I once watched a group of about 20 young gentlemen on a night out, fighting each other with bricks in the street. Sat on a wee chair at the living room window (2nd floor flat). It was much better than what was on the telly.

Ammi 25-02-2020 02:51 PM

...I don’t understand why it was thought to be okay and then not okay...they knew her name and who she was when she was booked, presumably...so they made that decision in full knowledge of...?....