ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   The worst disease on the planet is man (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=365676)

Kazanne 11-03-2020 08:47 AM

The worst disease on the planet is man

The worst disease on the planet is man,it's about time this trophy hunting was stopped ,this mother and baby killed for what ? mans greed, disgusting

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...cid=spartandhp

https://i.imgur.com/1HznNvM.jpg

Cal. 11-03-2020 08:47 AM

****ing bastards

LeatherTrumpet 11-03-2020 08:48 AM

saw this earlier. no words

Strictly Jake 11-03-2020 08:51 AM

When I saw the thread title I thought it was a sexist thread....

Yeah this is a disgrace why did they have to do that?

Nicky91 11-03-2020 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strictly Jake (Post 10795892)

all about ego's, and money :idc:

Kazanne 11-03-2020 08:54 AM

Quote:

I probably should have headed it humanity Jake,but there doesn't seem to be much of it about in these cases,:wavey:

Cal. 11-03-2020 09:09 AM

God we’re such a plague on this planet aren’t we?

Amy Jade 11-03-2020 09:16 AM

I feel absolutely no guilt in saying I hope anyone who hunts for trophy or an ego boost in this way suffers terribly before dying. It makes me so angry and the senseless way animals are treated in general is why I am a vegan.

I dont preach or anything but I find the way humans treat the animals they consume is genuinely terrifying.

Niamh. 11-03-2020 09:22 AM

Quote:

Obviously Kazanne meant "mankind" but tbf most pictures I've ever seen of poachers are men :p

Jordan. 11-03-2020 09:32 AM

The good doesn't even come close to the amount of evil we inflict on this planet every day. Abhorrent species.

Kizzy 11-03-2020 09:50 AM

Just read about this too, I think it has something to do with Chinese medicine! :(

Vicky. 11-03-2020 10:01 AM

Couldnt agree more with the title. Ignoring the vile things so many of us do for 'fun'..we are basically parasites. Moving from one place to the next destroying it and leaving devastation in our wake. Its awful to think about really. Meanwhile, other species just get on with their lives..

Kazanne 11-03-2020 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cal. (Post 10795901)
God we’re such a plague on this planet aren’t we?

We are Cal,we destroy the very thing that sustains us from the animals,to The Amazon etc,it's madness, we kind of deserve natures backlash and I think it will get worse.

Kazanne 11-03-2020 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 10795952)
Just read about this too, I think it has something to do with Chinese medicine! :(

Quell surprise Kizzy,dont they do some strange stuff to Tigers,bears etc all in the name of medicine ?

Kizzy 11-03-2020 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 10795977)
Quell surprise Kizzy,dont they do some strange stuff to Tigers,bears etc all in the name of medicine ?

Yep whales, dolphins and donkeys too :(
Won't save them from coronavirus though!

Livia 11-03-2020 10:35 AM

If a species of animal was as overpopulated as we are, there'd be a cull.

How can we reduce the population? I can't see an answer....

Vicky. 11-03-2020 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 10795996)
If a species of animal was as overpopulated as we are, there'd be a cull.

How can we reduce the population? I can't see an answer....

Nature appears to be trying, over and over!

Livia 11-03-2020 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 10795998)
Nature appears to be trying, over and over!

And as soon as she comes up with something, we produce a cure.

If we had ten years of only being allowed two children, the equilibrium would be on it's way to being balanced... I mean, the wonderful work Bill Gates and his wife are doing with malaria means there will be more and more survivors in some of the world's poorest countries. How are we going to feed everyone?

arista 11-03-2020 10:38 AM

Yes Kaz
No Animal or anything in the Sea
are safe.

Vicky. 11-03-2020 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 10796001)
And as soon as she comes up with something, we produce a cure.

If we had ten years of only being allowed two children, the equilibrium would be on it's way to being balanced... I mean, the wonderful work Bill Gates and his wife are doing with malaria means there will be more and more survivors in some of the world's poorest countries. How are we going to feed everyone?

2 kids sounds sensible, until you think how that would be enforced. Chinas one child limit has not exactly gone swimmingly :S

It seems people are actually having less and less kids naturally though (at least people in places with contraception..)..sure birth rates gone down another decimal point or something, just not quick enough!

Niamh. 11-03-2020 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 10796007)
2 kids sounds sensible, until you think how that would be enforced. Chinas one child limit has not exactly gone swimmingly :S

It seems people are actually having less and less kids naturally though (at least people in places with contraception..)..sure birth rates gone down another decimal point or something, just not quick enough!

The Great David Attenborough said that actually, he's travelled the world with his shows and said that overpopulation is causing pretty much all the problems to this planet and that countries where women have full right over their reproductive system and their own bodies populations are going down.............. surprise surprise. No need to force anyone to have a certain amount of children, just allow women their rights and that will take care of itself

Livia 11-03-2020 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 10796007)

Well, the rich, developed nations have a falling birth rate. The poor families in poor countries are still having as many as ever. People will not be told what to do, and like you say, China's plan went well..... But having only one child is a bit harsher than 2... and of course, China values boys much higher than girls which led to a lot of babies being killed.

We need to do something or we're going to crash and burn.

Sadly the only way of reducing a country's birth rate I reckon, would be under a dictator with the law behind them... and who wants that?

Livia 11-03-2020 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10796010)
The Great David Attenborough said that actually, he's travelled the world with his shows and said that overpopulation is causing pretty much all the problems to this planet and that countries where women have full right over their reproductive system and their own bodies populations are going down.............. surprise surprise. No need to force anyone to have a certain amount of children, just allow women their rights and that will take care of itself

I agree with that. Education is the answer then?

Niamh. 11-03-2020 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 10796013)
I agree with that. Education is the answer then?

Education and women's rights I think. Plus religion still is used in so many countries to keep a hold over people and keep women "in their place". I was only reading about a terrible case in Iran this morning actually about how some women's rights activists have been treated over there, I think it was to do with wearing the Hijab. The female lawyer was imprisoned and whipped for representing the case. Cases like these kind of show how it's viewed as not exactly a choice for women to wear those as well. She got 38 years in prison........

Vicky. 11-03-2020 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10796010)

Quite.

Women have reprductive control over their bodies, and those in lesser developed countries get the bloody chance to have control too..this should not really be a 'dream scenario'..but sadly ****ing is :bored:

There would still be those having loads because of religion or whatever, but I think the many women who would chose not to have loads would cancel those out tbh.