ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Are you backing Boris? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=365916)

Kate! 22-03-2020 05:22 PM

Are you backing Boris?

Regardless of your usual political leanings, are you backing Boris to get us through this situation. Do you have confidence in him? I am backing him by doing what he says and I have confidence in him and in Chancellor Rishi.

You?

Kazanne 22-03-2020 05:23 PM

Yes,to the hilt,i don't expect them to get everything right but I think they are playing a blinder,so yes I am backing him.

caprimint 22-03-2020 05:23 PM

Boris has GOT this :clap1:

Liam- 22-03-2020 05:26 PM

I’m not gonna hope he fails, cause if he fails, even more people will die, but I feel like he’s doing an awful job so far, he’s lagging behind all the evidence from across the world, he hasn’t put across a clear enough message and he’s just generally not doing enough, he purposely let things carry on and get to this point, IF he turns it around, pulls his finger out and things start to improve as a result of any action he takes, then I’ll give it to him, but as it stands, he’s completely incompetent.

Rishi is the man though.

Kate! 22-03-2020 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 10805208)
Yes,to the hilt,i don't expect them to get everything right but I think they are playing a blinder,so yes I am backing him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by caprimint (Post 10805209)
Boris has GOT this :clap1:

:clap1:

Smithy 22-03-2020 05:27 PM

Nope, completely incompetent, the death toll from this will be terrifying due to his slow response and lack of action.

Underscore 22-03-2020 05:28 PM

Rishi is the one who I'm behind.

Cherie 22-03-2020 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10805216)
Nope, completely incompetent, the death toll from this will be terrifying due to his slow response and lack of action.

Nope that will be because a lot of the GBP doesn’t believe the advice applies to them, it’s for someone else to adhere to

I think they are doing a good job, I think the shielding is currently taking priority, lock down in the next few days, there have been enough warnings I think Boris’s only fault is thinking that people care about others

The Slim Reaper 22-03-2020 05:34 PM

Folks already forgetting how scattergun his approach has been. He was going to let people die less than a week ago ffs.

reece(: 22-03-2020 05:35 PM

Him and Cummings need to seriously rethink their strategy. At this point I just want this over with, so enforce the lockdown already and let's see this through.

Kazanne 22-03-2020 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10805219)
Nope that will be because a lot of the GBP doesn’t believe the advice applies to them, it’s for someone else to adhere to

I think they are doing a good job, I think the shielding is currently taking priority, lock down in the next few days, there have been enough warnings I think Boris’s only fault is thinking that people care about others

Agree Cherie ,he probably has faith that people have the sense follow the advice , people are to blame for the spread of this,not him.:wavey:

Mitchell 22-03-2020 05:36 PM

He really should’ve acted quicker and now we’re facing the consequences of it, but I’m sure he won’t be too upset considering the disabled and pensioners are the most likely to die from it, those that get a pension/disability benefits.

Mitchell 22-03-2020 05:37 PM

Although I truly hope he makes the right moves and ensures more people’s safety.

Smithy 22-03-2020 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitchell (Post 10805223)
He really should’ve acted quicker and now we’re facing the consequences of it, but I’m sure he won’t be too upset considering the disabled and pensioners are the most likely to die from it, those that get a pension/disability benefits.

Him not acting quick enough and now his voter base is all gonna die like, hello, irony

The Slim Reaper 22-03-2020 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10805226)
Him not acting quick enough and now his voter base is all gonna die like, hello, irony

Going on Holly and Phil talking about letting it run through the country, then wonders why people are confused.

Liam- 22-03-2020 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 10805220)
Folks already forgetting how scattergun his approach has been. He was going to let people die less than a week ago ffs.

Literally

The Slim Reaper 22-03-2020 05:43 PM

Cummings, his chief advisor, today quoted in the Sunday Times (tory establishment) talking aout how he was willing to sacrifice old people for the economy.

Amazing what a posh accent and a tv pedestal does to the population.

MB. 22-03-2020 05:43 PM

The same Boris who just today announced a major coronavirus policy from behind a paywall in The Times? That Boris?

Liam- 22-03-2020 05:43 PM

‘People are going to die no matter what we do, it’s unavoidable!’
‘Why aren’t people listening to our advice about stopping people dying? I’m confused’

There has been no direct, straight action taken, he’s swayed every step of the way, he needs to lead from the front, not just leave it up to people’s discretion, thousands of lives are at stake and frankly, it seems like he couldn’t care less

Kate! 22-03-2020 05:45 PM

I think he does care. He has looked worried and harried all week. He is a human being at the end of the day. Much rather have him than Theresa May for example.

Kazanne 22-03-2020 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 10805229)
Cummings, his chief advisor, today quoted in the Sunday Times (tory establishment) talking aout how he was willing to sacrifice old people for the economy.

Amazing what a posh accent and a tv pedestal does to the population.

That has been denied by Downing Street so who to believe a newspaper or a political correspondent :shrug: depends on your political leaning I suppose.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coron...ie/ar-BB11xpk3

Tom4784 22-03-2020 05:50 PM

I don't trust the Tories and I never will. They've done good by guaranteeing people's wages but things wouldn't have gotten this bad if they acted earlier and Boris' callous approach of letting people die was probably one of the grossest political decisions I've seen in my lifetime.

Safeguarding people's finances was a good start but I wouldn't attribute it to Boris, he seems to have some good people telling him what to do, at least.

Kazanne 22-03-2020 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kate! (Post 10805233)
I think he does care. He has looked worried and harried all week. He is a human being at the end of the day. Much rather have him than Theresa May for example.

Of course he cares Kate, afterall he is not immune from it or his pregnant girlfriend and look how they have pulled out all the stops,people that don't like him will never give him any credit.

The Slim Reaper 22-03-2020 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 10805235)
That has been denied by Downing Street so who to believe a newspaper or a political correspondent :shrug: depends on your political leaning I suppose.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coron...ie/ar-BB11xpk3

Sunday Times is a tory newspaper with very good sources. Of course downing street denied it. Unfortunately for them it aligns perfectly with Johnsons "let it spread through the population" approach which he only moved away from in the last few days.

MTVN 22-03-2020 05:51 PM

I think it's easy to forget the suddenness with which this has all exploded. Nobody was contemplating a situation like we have now 2 or 3 weeks ago. Only 2 months ago the Chinese were assuring us that the virus couldn't be transmitted from person to person. It's a completely new phenomenon which is not well understood and the science behind it is changing all the time. I think the very least we owe any government trying to respond to this is to cut them a bit of slack because there is no precedent for this and there is no 'right' course of action. I'm already dreading all the smug commentators who use the power of hindsight in a few months time to cast blame on various figures and tell the tale of where it all went wrong. Imo we should all just be grateful that we don't have to carry the burden of decision making over the lives of millions of people.