ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chat and Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   When should schools go back (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366676)

michael21 20-04-2020 09:18 AM

When should schools go back

Not antill September might be longer I think

LeatherTrumpet 20-04-2020 09:27 AM

Soon as we can the lazy little oiks. I'd have them all in the fields picking fruit.

:oh:

michael21 20-04-2020 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10827277)
Soon as we can the lazy little oiks. I'd have them all in the fields picking fruit.

:oh:

Sure :laugh:

Zizu 20-04-2020 09:45 AM

When should schools go back

They can’t reopen the schools completely ( for all pupils) whilst there’s still around 1000 innocent people dying each and EVERY day ( including care homes and at their own homes ) . A leading authority stated the other day that they can’t even consider it until the daily death rate is under 100 ..

Also many ( decent ) parents won’t risk sending their precious children to the school germ breeding factories for some time ... some families have older parents also living in the family home so they will also keep their children away from school..

The only parents clamouring for the kids to go back are the ones who probably don’t even know where their unruly teenagers are at this very moment and others where their little brats are simply driving them mad at home. .

Sorry rant over !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Zizu 20-04-2020 09:50 AM

Also given the governments new initiatives.. . supplying laptops and tablets to pupils , the new online learning academy and the new BBC learning platform all apparently launching today SUGGESTS that schools will thankfully be closed for some considerable time !!

Niamh. 20-04-2020 09:58 AM

I think reopening schools this side of summer is a very bad idea, far too difficult to implement proper social distancing

michael21 20-04-2020 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10827301)
I thinking reopening schools this side of summer is a very bad idea, far too difficult to implement proper social distancing

I don't want them to reopen as it will set us back to square one

Zizu 20-04-2020 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10827301)
I think reopening schools this side of summer is a very bad idea, far too difficult to implement proper social distancing

Especially given the safe distance should have been 13 feet .. all along !!

michael21 22-04-2020 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zizu (Post 10827391)
Especially given the safe distance should have been 13 feet .. all along !!

You might be right

smudgie 22-04-2020 10:51 AM

January.

michael21 22-04-2020 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudgie (Post 10828725)
January.

What year

Saph 22-04-2020 10:59 AM

can they not just cancel summer holidays

Denver 22-04-2020 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saph (Post 10828731)

This kids dont need another holiday till Xmas 2021

Marsh. 22-04-2020 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WickedSkengMan (Post 10828743)
This kids dont need another holiday till Xmas 2021

#edgy #controversy #oooherrr

AnnieK 22-04-2020 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zizu (Post 10827288)
They can’t reopen the schools completely ( for all pupils) whilst there’s still around 1000 innocent people dying each and EVERY day ( including care homes and at their own homes ) . A leading authority stated the other day that they can’t even consider it until the daily death rate is under 100 ..

Also many ( decent ) parents won’t risk sending their precious children to the school germ breeding factories for some time ... some families have older parents also living in the family home so they will also keep their children away from school..

The only parents clamouring for the kids to go back are the ones who probably don’t even know where their unruly teenagers are at this very moment and others where their little brats are simply driving them mad at home. .

Sorry rant over !

Not necessarily true. I would love my son to be back in school, getting the education he deserves. He is only year 4 and well ahead of his education targets but home schooling is just not the same as being in an education setting.

I think they will be back before the summer break but not for long and it won't be full classes or normal as to what they are used to.

I feel for kids and parents during this time.

Cherie 22-04-2020 01:20 PM

For two weeks before summer break so they can transition, particularly year 6 and nursery year groups

Nicky91 22-04-2020 01:30 PM

Netherlands: schools are partially reopening here on 11th of May, just adding this for statistics

most parents are overjoyed :facepalm: urgh i hate career-invested parents who dislike their children being with them 24/7, if you want to focus on career, don't go for children

so yeah if more infected come now here, it is on those parents their hands :idc:

Zizu 22-04-2020 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saph (Post 10828731)

Teachers and classroom assistants have just worked through their Easter holidays !!

You want to take their summer break away as well ..

Zizu 22-04-2020 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieK (Post 10828845)
Not necessarily true. I would love my son to be back in school, getting the education he deserves. He is only year 4 and well ahead of his education targets but home schooling is just not the same as being in an education setting.

I think they will be back before the summer break but not for long and it won't be full classes or normal as to what they are used to.

I feel for kids and parents during this time.

As you say EVEN if the schools do go back for a few weeks end of June early July - there won’t be any real teaching / learning happening - the kids certainly won’t be open to learning whatever their parents choose to believe . It will be low key and possibly enable some year 6 transition visits to high schools ..

michael21 22-04-2020 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10828854)
For two weeks before summer break so they can transition, particularly year 6 and nursery year groups

Good thinking

Also an afternoon in August to get to know new teachers

Cherie 22-04-2020 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michael21 (Post 10828888)
Good thinking

Also an afternoon in August to get to know new teachers

Like it Mikey I will replace Gavin Williamson as Education Minister and you can be my deputy

Saph 22-04-2020 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zizu (Post 10828866)
Teachers and classroom assistants have just worked through their Easter holidays !!

You want to take their summer break away as well ..

my mums a teaching assistant and shes been furloughed until september at least..

idk about every school but at hers, only 1 teacher per 10 attending students are needed in the school at any one time so theres literally maybe 3 teachers (and a few higher up/office staff) who are even going in

michael21 22-04-2020 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10828891)
Like it Mikey I will replace Gavin Williamson as Education Minister and you can be my deputy

Yes :cheer2:

Zizu 23-04-2020 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saph (Post 10828910)
my mums a teaching assistant and shes been furloughed until september at least..

idk about every school but at hers, only 1 teacher per 10 attending students are needed in the school at any one time so theres literally maybe 3 teachers (and a few higher up/office staff) who are even going in

Sounds like she got lucky ..

Nicky91 23-04-2020 06:35 AM

it'll be discussed here further in our dutch parliament too, if teachers (who are in age risk group) can be told not to come to work in the current times, and let younger teachers step in for them

our parliament does that alongside OMT (outbreak management team)