ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   14 year old boy arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after 2 boys stabbed (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366791)

Denver 26-04-2020 05:23 PM

14 year old boy arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after 2 boys stabbed

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bir...s-18153587.amp

This is pretty scary as it's a 20 min drive from me and I saw the video of it on Facebook.

But a 16 year old boy is in a critical condition (someone on Facebook say they knew the boy and he has a collapsed lung) and a 19 year old but his condition is stable.

There were 2 other boys involved one which was stamping on the victim but they have yet to be arrested

Why are parents allowing their children out with knives let alone allowing them out during a lockdown.

rusticgal 26-04-2020 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WickedSkengMan (Post 10831793)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bir...s-18153587.amp

This is pretty scary as it's a 20 min drive from me and I saw the video of it on Facebook.

But a 16 year old boy is in a critical condition (someone on Facebook say they knew the boy and he has a collapsed lung) and a 19 year old but his condition is stable.

There were 2 other boys involved one which was stamping on the victim but they have yet to be arrested

Why are parents allowing their children out with knives let alone allowing them out during a lockdown.

Sadly children that are capable of doing such a thing come from families that can’t control their children...

LukeB 26-04-2020 05:42 PM

We don't know the parents to judge their parenting and bad parenting isn't always the the case and shouldn't be an excuse for this boys behaviour. Not all parents know what their kid actually gets up to. Kids fall in the wrong crowd for many reasons.

Denver 26-04-2020 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeB (Post 10831797)
We don't know the parents to judge their parenting and bad parenting isn't always the the case and shouldn't be an excuse for this boys behaviour. Not all parents know what their kid actually gets up to. Kids fall in the wrong crowd for many reasons.

But they should not be allowing their kids out right now and that's a big problem

LukeB 26-04-2020 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WickedSkengMan (Post 10831798)
But they should not be allowing their kids out right now and that's a big problem

i mean we are allowed out for 1 walk a day.

Denver 26-04-2020 06:51 PM

There was another stabbing in Smethwick which isnt far from here.

The video is circulating online and the man had sadly died pretty much before he hit the ground

Oliver_W 26-04-2020 07:26 PM

Jeez, poor kids, hope they both recover soon...

Morgan. 26-04-2020 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WickedSkengMan (Post 10831915)
There was another stabbing in Smethwick which isnt far from here.

The video is circulating online and the man had sadly died pretty much before he hit the ground

I think I know someone who lives in Smethwick

Oliver_W 26-04-2020 08:08 PM

Quote:

What makes you think they're able to stop him?

For someone that young to be doing things like that, he either has parent(s) who are hopelessly wet and can't control him, or they're neglectful or otherwise abusive scags who couldn't give a shit.

Kizzy 26-04-2020 08:18 PM

A nice game of blame the parents...how novel.

Everyone in life has choices regardless of their parentage

Oliver_W 26-04-2020 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 10831974)

Would you say someone who committed statutory rape shouldn't be punished, because the 14 year old child "wanted it" ?

Everyone is the product of their upbringing to a certain extent, and kids are obviously going to react to their home environment.

rusticgal 26-04-2020 08:45 PM

Quote:

Exactly....shame you had to point that out :)

Kizzy 26-04-2020 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10831975)
Would you say someone who committed statutory rape shouldn't be punished, because the 14 year old child "wanted it" ?

Everyone is the product of their upbringing to a certain extent, and kids are obviously going to react to their home environment.

Dear me I'm not playing some sick hypothetical judge judy with you.. I've heard of the cycle of abuse but it's not a given. Not every disadvantaged child goes on to be an abuser. :/

parmnion 26-04-2020 09:34 PM

Died on his feet...very strange.

Denver 26-04-2020 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10831991)
Died on his feet...very strange.

What happens when your stabbed twice straight through the heart, death is pretty much instant

Oliver_W 26-04-2020 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 10831988)
Dear me I'm not playing some sick hypothetical judge judy with you.. I've heard of the cycle of abuse but it's not a given. Not every disadvantaged child goes on to be an abuser. :/

I didn't say every every disadvantaged child goes on to be an abuser. I said most kids who commit crimes like that probably come from homes.

parmnion 26-04-2020 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WickedSkengMan (Post 10831992)
What happens when your stabbed twice straight through the heart, death is pretty much instant

That is one wierd video.surprised it's not been memed yet in this world.

At least it was quick for him, but you live by the sword..etc etc

Kizzy 26-04-2020 11:16 PM

There's a vid of somebody dying? Wow, couldn't imagine ever even wanting to watch that...crazy :/

caprimint 26-04-2020 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 10831974)

Exactly this

Such a copout to blame the parents

hijaxers 27-04-2020 07:51 AM

OMG a baby and a 3 year old stabbed to death in East London ~ what is happening !!
So shocking.

Nicky91 27-04-2020 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hijaxers (Post 10832037)
OMG a baby and a 3 year old stabbed to death in East London ~ what is happening !!
So shocking.

out of boredom due to the coronacrisis :joker:

Toy Soldier 27-04-2020 08:08 AM

I don't know why everyone is clutching their pearls at the idea of there being a problem with parenting - it's 100% correct that most teens who get caught up in cycles of crime and violence come from "broken" backgrounds, often heavy substance abuse, often not even living with a parent at all.

Sure there are a VERY SMALL number who come from normal family homes but have gone massively off the rails for other reasons (psychological disorders, getting drawn in by someone else influential, being badly bullied themselves and flipping to the other side to stop being the target) but there is simply no denying that severely delinquent behaviour in under 18's is linked to problems at home.

Kizzy 27-04-2020 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 10832038)
out of boredom due to the coronacrisis :joker:

Not really something to laugh about imo.

Kizzy 27-04-2020 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10832041)
I don't know why everyone is clutching their pearls at the idea of there being a problem with parenting - it's 100% correct that most teens who get caught up in cycles of crime and violence come from "broken" backgrounds, often heavy substance abuse, often not even living with a parent at all.

Sure there are a VERY SMALL number who come from normal family homes but have gone massively off the rails for other reasons (psychological disorders, getting drawn in by someone else influential, being badly bullied themselves and flipping to the other side to stop being the target) but there is simply no denying that severely delinquent behaviour in under 18's is linked to problems at home.

I take it you're mocking me here... added a sociology degree to your list of accolades? Well done.

Nicky91 27-04-2020 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 10832045)
Not really something to laugh about imo.

ok true

but this is again another incident what could've sooo easily avoided if people just stay home, and rather than doing disgusting **** like this, more being kind for each other as it should now more than ever