ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Lockdown was relaxing two weeks before it was officially eased (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=367265)

Cherie 22-05-2020 11:37 AM

Lockdown was relaxing two weeks before it was officially eased

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coron...cid=spartanntp

The British public relaxed its adherence to lockdown restrictions in the weeks before they were officially loosened, according to new data. Across the UK people had already started to make more trips to parks even before Boris Johnson eased restrictions on movement.
On several occasions in recent weeks, people were going to parks at the same rate as they were before the lockdown. The data released by Google compares footfall based on the number of mobile devices detected in settings before and after restrictions were imposed.

The announcement did not immediately affect footfall in parks as the increases were part of a wider trend. However, the increase in movement in parks did coincide with Downing Street briefings and newspaper headlines that the lockdown would be eased soon.

the hysterical press and their headlines have a lot to answer for, they were more or less trumpeting that lockdown was over, when the briefings consistently cautioned it would be a slow release :bored:

Cal. 22-05-2020 11:39 AM

I know loads of people who stopped adhering to it so strictly in the weeks before

Cherie 22-05-2020 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cal. (Post 10844826)
I know loads of people who stopped adhering to it so strictly in the weeks before

Maybe its good news as infection rates are still dropping 4 weeks later

Kazanne 22-05-2020 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10844825)
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coron...cid=spartanntp

The British public relaxed its adherence to lockdown restrictions in the weeks before they were officially loosened, according to new data. Across the UK people had already started to make more trips to parks even before Boris Johnson eased restrictions on movement.
On several occasions in recent weeks, people were going to parks at the same rate as they were before the lockdown. The data released by Google compares footfall based on the number of mobile devices detected in settings before and after restrictions were imposed.

The announcement did not immediately affect footfall in parks as the increases were part of a wider trend. However, the increase in movement in parks did coincide with Downing Street briefings and newspaper headlines that the lockdown would be eased soon.

the hysterical press and their headlines have a lot to answer for, they were more or less trumpeting that lockdown was over, when the briefings consistently cautioned it would be a slow release :bored:

Agree Cherie, the press etc,have not been much help, there is not one newspaper I would buy as I don't trust their word, much better watching word of mouth and the daily briefings.

bitontheslide 22-05-2020 12:32 PM

i always said that people would decide themselves when they would lock down and when they thought it safe to venture out, it doesn't need a government to tell people what to do

Smithy 22-05-2020 12:32 PM

I wouldn’t say it was relaxing I’d say people were being ignorant and selfish tbh

IA with you both saying the press are to blame, they’re so bothered about plummeting sales that they’re willing to potentially sacrifice people’s lives to pull them out of the gutter

Toy Soldier 22-05-2020 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10844843)
I wouldn’t say it was relaxing I’d say people were being ignorant and selfish tbh

'tis the nature of the human animal and always will be...

Kizzy 22-05-2020 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10844841)
i always said that people would decide themselves when they would lock down and when they thought it safe to venture out, it doesn't need a government to tell people what to do

Well there's a turn around ..on another thread you berate someone for appearing anti govt on this issue then you suggest we ignore advice and do our own thing, make your mind up!

Personally I don't believe the majority have broken lockdown, there was an increase in people out and about, but from what I've seen they are in the main social distancing and wearing masks it's very few that are just acting as normal.

bitontheslide 22-05-2020 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 10844996)
Well there's a turn around ..on another thread you berate someone for appearing anti govt on this issue then you suggest we ignore advice and do our own thing, make your mind up!

Personally I don't believe the majority have broken lockdown, there was an increase in people out and about, but from what I've seen they are in the main social distancing and wearing masks it's very few that are just acting as normal.

i'm trying not to be political, and yes, i think the virus should be above petty political squabbles.

We live in a democracy, where we are entitled to basic human freedoms. I think anyone sensible knew when to lock down and when it became safer to go out. You will never force people to do anything in the UK where freedom is concerned unless they already want to do it. It's not about me suggesting we ignore advice at all

Kizzy 22-05-2020 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10845012)
i'm trying not to be political, and yes, i think the virus should be above petty political squabbles.

We live in a democracy, where we are entitled to basic human freedoms. I think anyone sensible knew when to lock down and when it became safer to go out. You will never force people to do anything in the UK where freedom is concerned unless they already want to do it. It's not about me suggesting we ignore advice at all

To be fair your views are, during a pandemic comparitively worse.. There is nothing wrong in a democracy in asserting that the government should be held to account. However, your anti establishment views that we subvert the advice, laws and information from government is akin to civil disobedience.

arista 22-05-2020 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10844843)

IA with you both saying the press are to blame, they’re so bothered about plummeting sales that they’re willing to potentially sacrifice people’s lives to pull them out of the gutter

Yes some are just that, sadly

LeatherTrumpet 22-05-2020 07:06 PM

according to new data.

absolute and utter bollocks

Nicky91 23-05-2020 09:31 AM

current new data what i see, is UK still Climbing slightly in terms of new cases, rather than flattening down (compared to Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, even France's line is now becoming more stable after one peak of 6th of May)

conclusion: lockdown in britain should not be eased at all, not until you see evidence of the flattening of the curve

ok things are going the right way, ur not as extreme going up (compared to brazil) either but still the easing of the lockdown measures needs to wait for a slight bit longer for you guys