ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Did Dominic Cummings break lockdown rules (tibb poll) (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=367353)

Withano 26-05-2020 05:29 PM

Did Dominic Cummings break lockdown rules (tibb poll)

~71% of the country say yes

What about tibb.

Liam- 26-05-2020 05:34 PM

Obviously, it’s impossible to refute

parmnion 26-05-2020 05:35 PM

Yes..but so would any normal person in the circumstances he described.

The Slim Reaper 26-05-2020 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10847505)

His wife's birthday?

Cherie 26-05-2020 05:41 PM

I can just about get over taking the kid to Durham but put your hands up that going to Barnham Castle was a nice drive out and returning to work when you thought you thought your wife had Covid was not clever either

parmnion 26-05-2020 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 10847509)
His wife's birthday?

She wanted to go to her mother in laws for her birthday, are you sure?

The Slim Reaper 26-05-2020 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10847513)

Day trip to the castle was his wife's birthday.

The Slim Reaper 26-05-2020 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10847511)
I can just about get over taking the kid to Durham but put your hands up that going to Barnham Castle was a nice drive out and returning to work when you thought you thought your wife had Covid was not clever either

Don't let this become normal; he did this whilst folks were sacrificing.

parmnion 26-05-2020 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 10847515)
Day trip to the castle was his wife's birthday.

A day away from the mother in law...the perfect present.

On another note have you heard the term...come come that's barney castle?

The Slim Reaper 26-05-2020 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10847526)
A day away from the mother in law...the perfect present.

On another note have you heard the term...come come that's barney castle?

Isn't that about being a coward or something? Think I read about it yesyerday, but not sure if we're talking about the same thing.

bitontheslide 26-05-2020 05:55 PM

What really angers me, is that Gove outright lied when he said that he had gone out driving to test his eye sight in the past .... when someone is prepared to go to that level of lying, we can't have any confidence in the government. He should have been sacked for that lie alone

parmnion 26-05-2020 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 10847528)
Isn't that about being a coward or something? Think I read about it yesyerday, but not sure if we're talking about the same thing.

Yeah it was about the Duke In the castle being to scared to come out the castle to a battle...so the term come come that's barney castle was used to tell someone they were making excuses or talking ****e.

hijaxers 26-05-2020 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10847531)
Yeah it was about the Duke In the castle being to scared to come out the castle to a battle...so the term come come that's barney castle was used to tell someone they were making excuses or talking ****e.

So no change there then !

Morgan. 26-05-2020 06:48 PM

I mean going on a 30 minute drive to a castle to test your eyesight is just wrong on all levels and a blatant lie.

hijaxers 26-05-2020 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10847505)

No they bloody wouldn't as plenty have said all day on tv , they stayed put just like Dom told them to, whilst ignoring his own slogan and advice.

parmnion 26-05-2020 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hijaxers (Post 10847559)
No they bloody wouldn't as plenty have said all day on tv , they stayed put just like Dom told them to, whilst ignoring his own slogan and advice.

Were they all government advisors/key workers, were their circumstances as important to the nation as his were?

Fair enough the castle journey, but it sounds like they covered all social distancing advice during that so it really ain't that big an issue for me..

Not for someone that important to the nation, who cares..

The better person will look down their noses at him in the future and call him the king of barney castle, proud in the knowledge they abided by the law.

I will say though, if I and the mother if my son both took unwell and thought it was corona, and we had no other option for childcare I would be in the motor up the road in no time if my mum said..come here, stay in the outhouse..

Tell me you wouldn't do the same!

hijaxers 26-05-2020 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10847570)
Were they all government advisors/key workers, were their circumstances as important to the nation as his were?

Fair enough the castle journey, but it sounds like they covered all social distancing advice during that so it really ain't that big an issue for me..

Not for someone that important to the nation, who cares..

The better person will look down their noses at him in the future and call him the king of barney castle, proud in the knowledge they abided by the law.

I will say though, if I and the mother if my son both took unwell and thought it was corona, and we had no other option for childcare I would be in the motor up the road in no time if my mum said..come here, stay in the outhouse..

Tell me you wouldn't do the same!

No i wouldn't and why have you not voted he did the right thing if thats what crap you believe ?????

parmnion 26-05-2020 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hijaxers (Post 10847572)
No i wouldn't and why have you not voted he did the ight thing if thats what crap you believe ?????

That isn't an option is it or I bloody would have.

:joker:

LeatherTrumpet 26-05-2020 07:22 PM

No

He can't help where his parents live and if you can't provide me evidence to say he is lying then move on, put your pitchforks and your pearls in your shed and mind your own beeswax

caprimint 26-05-2020 07:25 PM

Like... to a degree he did, but his reasoning was also understandable so

Marsh. 26-05-2020 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10847513)

When she can't be arsed looking after her own kid because it's her birthday and she's got a sniffle? Yes.

Marsh. 26-05-2020 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10847570)

It was of the utmost importance for him to drive to his mother's farm because he's a government advisor?

Good grief. :joker:

Marsh. 26-05-2020 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10847576)
No

He can't help where his parents live and if you can't provide me evidence to say he is lying then move on, put your pitchforks and your pearls in your shed and mind your own beeswax

Whether he's lying is neither here nor there really, if it's a lie or if it's the truth it broke the rules either way.

parmnion 26-05-2020 07:34 PM

My sister asked me to jump on a train and do lockdown with her and her kids roundabout the same time..Me a 50 yr old wheezing smoker..I booked the train and everything, only turned back at kings cross just incase I had the virus.More I think about it she was probably trying to see me off!!

But that's the point, I could have travelled by train or bus at that time..all the way up to Scotland to self isolate for 2 weeks when I got there...symptoms or not.. in the attic room at my sisters.

Liam- 26-05-2020 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10847576)
No

The rules were to not self isolate anywhere other than your home, do not travel, do not drive, do not go to a second home, stay at home, it’s really that simple, whether he’s lying about his reasoning or not (he is), by doing what he did he blatantly broke the rules