ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Big Brother 2023 - ITV2 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=741)
-   -   Campaign GET BB BACK ON C4 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=367802)

Jodie. 11-06-2020 01:33 PM

Campaign GET BB BACK ON C4

LISTEN GIRLS

Not ONE show reaches 1m on E4, but a 1m average is seen as bloody DIRE for BBUK. Therefore, the Best Shows Ever should be rating ATLEAST 1m and the higher the ratings are, the MORE LIKELY it is for BB to return on C4!

So SPREAD THE GOSPEL tell all your friends to watch (and say it’s classic C4 episodes none of the C5 ****e) and then tell THEM to tell THEIR friends!

Thank u hons Xx

Morgan. 11-06-2020 01:35 PM

BB will always be an expensive show. Having it on a smaller channel where it gets 200/300k more viewers than their other shows won’t make it any cheaper.

Morgan. 11-06-2020 01:35 PM

That said I wouldn’t complain if it was back, I just don’t see it.

Denver 11-06-2020 01:46 PM

They have no house

Samm 11-06-2020 02:41 PM

there’s literally no set, house etc ff it’ll be mega expensive to invest that much in a show that will still bomb it has only been off air for two years. Needs at least five more years.

This whole E4 show is cute but there’s a reason for it, it’s the 20th anniversary and a show that can be easily made to fill content in this lockdown climate.

Jarrod 11-06-2020 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samm (Post 10860838)
there’s literally no set, house etc ff it’ll be mega expensive to invest that much in a show that will still bomb it has only been off air for two years. Needs at least five more years.

This whole E4 show is cute but there’s a reason for it, it’s the 20th anniversary and a show that can be easily made to fill content in this lockdown climate.

This is all subject to a lot - Big Brother cost C5 £40 Million a year, for example but this was including two Celebrity series a year.

Big Brother can be done a lot cheaper than before. Big Brother series around the world are using pre-existing houses and just rigging them up cameras. You don't need a massive fancy live set either. The Circle is a good example of this. Any House can also be done super cheap, if they wanted to go down the route of a custom build. Big Brother USA and Canada build their houses in a soundstage, nothing is stopping it happening over here and would be a way to cut costs down. You wouldn't be paying for upkeep of a house like the one at Elstree because they can dismantle it between series.

It can be done a lot cheaper. If Big Brother comes back it won't be the same as we've come to know and expect, it'll look different and feel different. Look at Big Brother in Australia for example, they cut costs by pre-recording the entire series. It wouldn't surprise me if Endemol pack off this format to other countries around the world if the AU series does well.

Morgan. 11-06-2020 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarrod (Post 10860849)
This is all subject to a lot - Big Brother cost C5 £40 Million a year, for example but this was including two Celebrity series a year.

Big Brother can be done a lot cheaper than before. Big Brother series around the world are using pre-existing houses and just rigging them up cameras. You don't need a massive fancy live set either. The Circle is a good example of this. Any House can also be done super cheap, if they wanted to go down the route of a custom build. Big Brother USA and Canada build their houses in a soundstage, nothing is stopping it happening over here and would be a way to cut costs down. You wouldn't be paying for upkeep of a house like the one at Elstree because they can dismantle it between series.

It can be done a lot cheaper. If Big Brother comes back it won't be the same as we've come to know and expect, it'll look different and feel different. Look at Big Brother in Australia for example, they cut costs by pre-recording the entire series. It wouldn't surprise me if Endemol pack off this format to other countries around the world if the AU series does well.

They said they were using the AU series as a trial to roll out this style of show worldwide.

Jarrod 11-06-2020 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgan. (Post 10860852)
They said they were using the AU series as a trial to roll out this style of show worldwide.

There you go, so it wouldn't be a surprise if they tried to get the UK to do it.

Greg! 11-06-2020 03:49 PM

Not here for a pre-recorded format at all. If they’re gonna bring it back they need to do it properly, and in a few years’ time at least. Most people don’t even know it’s been axed at this point. It needs a longer rest.

Nicky91 11-06-2020 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver (Post 10860824)
They have no house

all that trash Channel 5's fault

hope C4 will sue them, and C5 will go bankrupt and be gone for good

Jarrod 11-06-2020 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 10860873)

C5 had nothing to do with the house being demolished - that was Endemol.

Rob! 11-06-2020 04:09 PM

Let's be real - this is basically a set of repeats and the launch of BB19 only got 900k odd. I'd be surprised if it gets more than 500k.

Jarrod 11-06-2020 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 10860873)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob! (Post 10860881)
Let's be real - this is basically a set of repeats and the launch of BB19 only got 900k odd. I'd be surprised if it gets more than 500k.

If it does get more than 500k that'll be more than most things on E4, but who knows. They are really going all out for it.

Aaliyah 11-06-2020 04:24 PM

It will never be relaunched purely because of how much it'll cost to rebuild the house. CH5 took it off CH4 because there was a house ready and waiting. Sad but true!

madman411 11-06-2020 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarrod (Post 10860849)

I love BB but would rather it stay off air than have it come back as some cheap pre-recorded North American knock off.

Maxxie. 11-06-2020 05:45 PM

could they not use a different country's house at first?

Epic. 11-06-2020 07:31 PM

https://i.imgur.com/1fSMo44.png

:skull:

Strictly Jake 11-06-2020 07:43 PM

If it does return I hope they still keep the circle too!

Marsh. 11-06-2020 08:10 PM

Campaign GET OVER IT

Calderyon 11-06-2020 08:14 PM

Two years is not enough time for a hiatus.

Denver 11-06-2020 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxxie-D (Post 10860933)
could they not use a different country's house at first?

They struggled to get a live crowd in the UK let alone get people to travel to another country just for an eviction

Maxxie. 12-06-2020 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver (Post 10861163)
They struggled to get a live crowd in the UK let alone get people to travel to another country just for an eviction

It needs revamped anyway so I'd say lose the crowd. It's dated anyway.

Denver 12-06-2020 12:40 AM

A big part of the evictions was the crowd (although they were non existent towards the end)

Jodie. 12-06-2020 09:32 PM

They promoted it right after Corrie (!) btw so this is just adding more fuel to my fire Xxx