ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech, Movies & Video Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   The Last of Us 2: 96% on Metacritic (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=367818)

Nancy. 12-06-2020 09:18 AM

The Last of Us 2: 96% on Metacritic

https://www.metacritic.com/game/play...critic-reviews

The score will obviously come down but from the reviews it looks like an epic masterpiece.

Anyone buying?

Oliver_W 12-06-2020 09:24 AM

I thought a lot of people were pissed off at it?

A lot of the youtubers my brother likes (he uses my login, which makes his subs show on my feed) have a lot of videos bitching about it ... I know I could just watch one of them but I can't stand "talk to the camera" youtubers :joker:

Smithy 12-06-2020 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10861255)
I thought a lot of people were pissed off at it?

A lot of the youtubers my brother likes (he uses my login, which makes his subs show on my feed) have a lot of videos bitching about it ... I know I could just watch one of them but I can't stand "talk to the camera" youtubers :joker:

If they’re pissed it’s because of the delay, the embargo’s first reviews have only been lifted this morning so what on Earth can they be pissed about?

Oliver_W 12-06-2020 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10861260)
If they’re pissed it’s because of the delay, the embargo’s first reviews have only been lifted this morning so what on Earth can they be pissed about?

Maybe they were really looking forward to it? As far as I know the first one was almost universally loved.

Smithy 12-06-2020 10:01 AM

That makes no sense

Ramsay 12-06-2020 10:26 AM

Pissed off at the leaks I thought?

Nicky91 12-06-2020 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramsay (Post 10861267)
Pissed off at the leaks I thought?

they made some edits apparently, based upon response from the leaks

Ramsay 12-06-2020 10:42 AM

No chance they had time to change it

Nancy. 12-06-2020 10:48 AM

This guy couldn't praise it enough.

Toy Soldier 12-06-2020 12:16 PM

Hmm. Depends how accurate the leaks were, whether or not they were taken out of context, and whether or not there's much more to the game and story that means it can be overlooked. I haven't actually read the leaks though, I'm determined to go in totally blind and make my own judgement on this one.

Also a chance that it plays well enough for storyline criticisms to take a back seat in the review score? Sort of a, "The story didn't go how I would have liked, but the game is excellent". Unless the plot is full of holes, largely absent, or the voice acting is terrible... I don't think a good reviewer can base their score on storyline TOO heavily. It's far too subjective a measure to be like "A technical masterpiece, pinnacle of the genre for gameplay, perfect moment-to-moment action... But I didn't like the story so 75%"

Brother Leon 12-06-2020 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10861260)

The story that was leaked is...

Well. Yeah.

Tom4784 12-06-2020 02:58 PM

The capital G gamers will be raging about it, they're still mad that there's a muscly woman in the game since apparently, women can't be muscular... Gamers.... I just can't.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 12-06-2020 04:12 PM

I don’t think the score will come down when there’s like 80 reviews already

Oliver_W 12-06-2020 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 10861453)
The capital G gamers will be raging about it, they're still mad that there's a muscly woman in the game since apparently, women can't be muscular... Gamers.... I just can't.

I had a look on google and the character does look a bit like a bloke :laugh:

That can't be all they're "raging" about, surely?

Tom4784 12-06-2020 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10861549)
I had a look on google and the character does look a bit like a bloke :laugh:

That can't be all they're "raging" about, surely?

She's a muscular woman that doesn't turn on gamers so her existence in the game is an affront to them for some reason, they're also still mad that Ellie is a lesbian because anything that diverse in any way is 'political' and should be avoided in gaming....although the people who believe that will champion games that are deeply political without realising their hypocrisy.

'Political' is a buzzword for diversity to those people. Anything gay, non-white or anything featuring a female character that isn't dressed in revealing straps is an attack on these gamer's rights.

Scarlett. 13-06-2020 12:21 AM

https://i.imgur.com/ipTOyEL.jpg

Headie 13-06-2020 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Leon (Post 10861883)
(deleted)

You might as well just spoil the whole damn thing smh, you’re not making it very subtle as to what I’m guessing the leaks were about now :rolleyes:

Oliver_W 13-06-2020 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Leon (Post 10861883)
That’s only a very minority though . The majority hate that character due to what’s been leaked story wise from what I know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayden (Post 10861898)
You might as well just spoil the whole damn thing smh, you’re not making it very subtle as to what I’m guessing the leaks were about now :rolleyes:

I've not played the first one so I'm not bothered about spoilers, I googled around and apparently

Spoiler:

The mannish woman kills one of the main characters from the first game, and then you have to play as her ?!

If people really liked the original characters, I can see why that'd piss people off.

Brother Leon 13-06-2020 11:34 AM

I’ve deleted the post Hayden.

I saw several things that people were angry about so I felt I was being fairly vague. My bad.

Headie 14-06-2020 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Leon (Post 10862010)
I’ve deleted the post Hayden.

I saw several things that people were angry about so I felt I was being fairly vague. My bad.

Alright thank you. Hopefully I forget by the time I start playing :laugh: or it isn't what I think

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 14-06-2020 03:06 PM

I pre-ordered this from shopto and it BETTER ****ing arrive before friday or oliver or you’re getting throat punched

They said i had to choose tracked delivery because there was a massive backlog for regular deliveries so they were only offering tracked (i got 48 hour tracked bc 24 was like £4 extra or something like that)

Anyway girls prayer circle so that it arrives before friday

Toy Soldier 18-06-2020 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fetch The Bolt Cutters (Post 10862697)
I pre-ordered this from shopto and it BETTER ****ing arrive before friday or oliver or you’re getting throat punched

They said i had to choose tracked delivery because there was a massive backlog for regular deliveries so they were only offering tracked (i got 48 hour tracked bc 24 was like £4 extra or something like that)

Anyway girls prayer circle so that it arrives before friday

I'm guessing it didn't arrive? :hehe: mine is pre-downloaded and ready to unlock at midnight :hee:.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 19-06-2020 01:03 PM

It came

https://i.imgur.com/lJTmY64.gif

Nancy. 19-06-2020 03:19 PM

Omg, i've started playing and the graphics are gorgeous. Just had a snowball fight with some annoying kids. lol

Is it me or does Owen look like Danny Dyer? :laugh:

Tom4784 19-06-2020 03:20 PM

I think I'll get this next week.

It's being review bombed hard by fragile incels and neckbeards which is to be expected from gamers tbh. So many of them fight to ensure the stereotypes remain true.