ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   RuPaul’s Drag Race (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=740)
-   -   RPDR AS S5 E3 - "Get a Room!" (spoilers) (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=367982)

Captain.Remy 19-06-2020 06:13 PM

RPDR AS S5 E3 - "Get a Room!" (spoilers)

"The All Stars dive into the world of celebrity branding as they design their own boutique hotel suite experiences! Guest judges Nicole Byer and design guru Martyn Lawrence Bullard check in to check them out!

Guest Judges: Nicole Byer and Martyn Lawrence Bullard
Main Challenge: Design and present their own signature suite."

I loved the club design challenge last year, I hope they deliver something great this time too!

Shaun 19-06-2020 06:24 PM

prayer circle for a cracker elimination

Braden 19-06-2020 06:29 PM

I'm here for The Miz Cracker Show :love:

MB. 19-06-2020 06:36 PM

Well that makes one of you

Captain.Remy 19-06-2020 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 10866321)

Why not a circle jerk though?:laugh:
And watch her come back during the LaLaPaRUza come back episode (I'm assuming there's one). :shrug:

I fear for Mariah or Mayhem tbh Both were previously safe and bottom 3. I hope they come through this week!

Braden 19-06-2020 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MB. (Post 10866328)
Well that makes one of you

All I need!

MB. 19-06-2020 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain.Remy (Post 10866329)
And watch her come back during the LaLaPaRUza come back episode (I'm assuming there's one). :shrug:

There are only eight episodes so there isn't

Liam- 19-06-2020 06:49 PM

I am also on the Cracker train

Captain.Remy 19-06-2020 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MB. (Post 10866336)
There are only eight episodes so there isn't

Ugh, the cheapness :skull:

Captain.Remy 20-06-2020 07:48 AM

The challenge was...alright, I guess? I mean, there were no standouts nor very bad performances. Apart from Jujubee who rightfully won obviously.
Blair and Mahyem's was fine, but The Glamazone was better.

Shea's look was great! I don't get the comments from the judges. And yeah the feathers jacket from Mariah was a look and you can't change my mind!

I like Jujubee's style of lipsync, it's refreshing sometimes to see an "old school" lipsync moment rather than the usual shenanigans like death drops, splits, etc
Monet won rightfully the lipsync, but again, same as Alyssa, where was HER energy we are usually seeing? But anyway, she did a really good job.

Sad for Mariah, I would have loved to see more of her. But yeah India and Shea did better. I could see India pushing through more than Mariah.
Cracker being safe is alright, she did better than Shea and Mariah tbh I'm still not 100% buying the whole Cracker thing.

Untucked was a very nice addition this week. Jujubee, Mayhem and Blair talking about addictions was touching.

PS: :skull: @ Jujubee talking about how she misses her cats while choosing a lipstick. She's so silly I love her. "Meow meow bitches"

Braden 20-06-2020 10:40 AM

Jesus Christ, that challenge was a chore to get through. I liked all the concepts but I had no idea what to think of the presentation of the ideas.

In terms of the runways, I loved Miz Cracker's and Shea's (even though the wig was quite ugly). Blair's and Alexis' were also nice and JuJubee's concept was super-cute, but it was quite a disappointing runway in general. Also, I hate this season's runway music.

I'm dead at Ru telling Blair and Mayhem they were his favourite group and then giving the win to JuJubee, lmao. In terms of the bottoms, I can't argue with India and Mariah being there, and Shea, yeah I get it but she could've easily been safe.

I loved the guest judge (whose name I can't remember :() just straight up telling Miz Cracker not to care what people think. Alexis was a hypocrite telling Miz Cracker she was playing mind games, only for her to do the same thing. She can go, followed by Blair and Mayhem. Oh, and India, who is so void of personality I forget she's there.

Monet was excellent during the lip-sync and rightfully won and even though I like her it was Mariah's time to go.

Smithy 20-06-2020 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 10866321)

Welp!

Smithy 20-06-2020 01:12 PM

Honestly if this season has proved anything it’s that the middle of the road queens (Mariah, Farrakhan’s, Gia, Mayhem, Ongina, Milk - I could go on) just aren’t All Stars material, they’re always first boots, less seasons with better competitors makes for a much more interesting show.

This ep was ok, I think Ru chose the Gold Room to win because they released last time the only one anyone talked about was Club 96 because it was such a meme, yet this just felt like a cheap rip off and he SHOULD have given the win to the Glamazone. Right winner, right lip sync winner (Juju didn’t even know the words) and right elimination too I suppose, but I’d have been fine with either her or India going.

Samm 20-06-2020 02:09 PM

Yeah the challenge definitely wasn't as good as the last time they did it. Although the glamzon was my favourite and I did laugh at parts. The runways were all cute as well maybe apart from Mayhem's bathing suit (i still love you though girl)

I was really shook at first I thought shea could of gotten the boot. I like both mariah and india so it would of been sad to see either go :(

Shaun 20-06-2020 07:26 PM

Forgot to watch Untucked last week (was there an Untucked for the premiere? I can't find it anywhere), so I just watched E2's and it was cute. Alyssa/Ongina's conversation was heartwarming; and Mariah's flabbergasted reaction to Blair's pink skin was gold :love:

Blair is starting to annoy me a little bit :( I know she's a lot better than she showed on S10 but at the same time she had a strong showing there, and there's something...iffy about her talent. Like is anyone actually gagging over her? She seems just... good at best; I've still yet to see her do anything amazing.

Ongina's handwriting is lovely.

The queens turning on cracker :love: I'm impressed Mayhem actually stood up to her, she strikes me sometimes as a person who'll disagree with you behind your back. Wbk that Alexis Mateo keeps it real though :love: queen.

The teams already being lined up in order of the "random draw". :suspect:

Mariah painting the shrek room pink :love:

"So you're saying you don't respect me?" :skull: :skull: :skull:

This task is a mess, I'm only finding the accidental bits funny (Alexis' mosquito repellent lid flying off and reacting with a "what the hell just happened?" :joker: ) Blair and Mayhem are just... cringe... but at least they committed to a concept and tried I guess? I feel the weakest two were India and probably one of these two. I have no idea why Shea is in the bottom, or Mariah for that matter.

Runwaywise, I loved Shea's concept but it was too much of a colour attack. Blair's reveal from 2-3 was very nice and unexpected. Mayhem's wig reveal was nice but the outfit was SO pedestrian :( Alexis on the other hand had 3 completely different, great looks and I love that bitch so much :bawling: India's is very expensive-looking but not very interesting. Juju going for 3 different holidays is a very smart idea, and it's done... OK. Mariah's is alright, but not much difference between the 2nd and 3rd. Cracker's entrance is fantastic, but the final look is not good with the weak bit of train flailing behind her.

IMO...

Winner: Jujubee or Cracker
Top: Cracker, Alexis
Safe: Shea, Mariah
Low: Blair
Bottom: India & Mayhem

Blair and Mayhem winning :skull: on WHAT PLANET? Why are they being judged on interior decor :skull: can this gay **** off with his pillows? Shea's look is CRAFTY?

Nah this is a nonsense episode and I'm done. Jujubee doesn't even know the words to Juice. Bye bitch.

Mokka 20-06-2020 09:52 PM

Ok, Jujubee clearly did not want to win that lipsync... she **** the litterbox big time... and I mean what was with her cats rant. Give us the T Jujubee, give us the T :fist:

I did not get the judging this episode. How the tacky unfunny gold room won was astonishing, and the only queens I laughed at were the golden gals... and Jujubee's reference's to her grandma made me cringe... I just don't get it.

The outfits on the run way as well... how do all star queens not get the challenge like this. Three looks does not mean go from a tent/moomoo, to a silhouette/leotard. What a mess of an episode.

(I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I like Miz. Cracker :omgno: )

bbcanicons 21-06-2020 10:29 AM

I didn't think Blair and Mayhem should've been high in terms of their hotel, yet Jujubee rightly deserved her win.

I don't think Shea should've been in the bottom; I thought her performance was enough to get her in a 'safe' position, and her look wasn't "crafty" at all imo.

I like Cracker, but I don't get all the hype around her.

Blair's runway was my fav; she slayed that!

Tom4784 21-06-2020 01:18 PM

It was a messy episode in terms of the challenge. It was one of those nonsensical tasks tailor-made to get rid of the filler which, despite the fact she is far from that, that's what they cast Mariah for. She got Thorgy'd/Ginger'd tbh because I thought she did enough to be safe.

I think the task as a whole was underwhelming but (rather controversially, it seems) I can understand why Mayhem and Blair's room won because I generally thought it was the most cohesive of the bunch and they both committed to it fully (despite the fact that they basically took a lot of inspiration from Club 96). Juju and Alexis were great and Juju was a worthy winner but India seemed lost and I understand why she was in the bottom 3.

Although I disagree with what they said about the moth outfit, I did think Shea's performance felt pretty weak as did Cracker's. I'd have swapped Mariah out of the bottom 3 for Cracker with India going home instead (I do love her but she hasn't excelled beyond the first week).

I'm so tired of Cracker though and I love how both Mayhem and Alexis did not put up with her ****. She's causing drama but the drama is weak and I'm tired of the fanbase deciding whether someone is a villain or just 'misunderstood' depending on their skin tone.

I'm also happy that Jujubee finally won a challenge although she totally threw that lipsync.

Liam- 21-06-2020 01:41 PM

I can’t help but feel that the judges would have gagged if Crystal came out wearing what Shea did.

The challenge was dire, Cracker and Juju were literally the only ones who kept my interest, Blair and Mayhem’s faces when Ru said they didn’t win :skull:

Alexis is petty af, taking a sincere comment made to someone else an an opportunity to go at someone for no reason, Juju clocking her excuseImg her bitchiness on English being her second language was a scream ‘second language my ass’

Jigs 21-06-2020 02:01 PM

The Glamazone deserved the collective win but I understand India was a dud in that team so Blair/Mayhem as a team technically delivered the best. It's a shame Jujubee didn't know the lyrics to the song, but even more of a shame that Mariah Balenciaga had to leave because I found her to be pretty funny and a good narrator. Personally I would have chosen India to leave as I just don't think she has much more to offer at all.

Alexis Mateo's iconic villainous edit was so unexpected but so juicy this episode :love: I am a Miz Cracker fan too and I think her trajectory from season villain to misunderstood underdog is really great. I wonder if they'll bury the hatchet next week? The season has already had a lot of drama and I kinda hope it continues.

MB. 21-06-2020 02:04 PM

Cracker isn't a "misunderstood underdog" she's a basic white wannabe-twink in her late 30s with a superiority complex

Shaun 21-06-2020 02:40 PM

I don't even understand what was supposedly villain-y about Alexis' edit? She had every right to attack Cracker for only naming Juju/Shea/Mariah as the ones she respects, and she had every right to scold her for playing with Ongina's emotions.

Edit: oh, forgot she voted to send Shea home. So did Mayhem :shrug: no villain there.

Liam- 21-06-2020 02:45 PM

If Cracker had said your are the only ones I respect’ I’d agree with you about Alexis, but she told her group she respected them, it had nothing to do with Alexis but she took the opportunity to jump on her, she was out of order, not a villain, but she was wrong in that situation

Shaun 21-06-2020 02:46 PM

Except she also mentioned Jujubee, who wasn't in her group. Which clearly implies she does not respect anyone else in the room.

Daniel-X 21-06-2020 02:50 PM

I hope this Cracker storyline doesn’t carry on too much longer, it’s sucking a lot of fun out of the season and leaving other girls like India/Blair etc. with hardly any edit. She was a little better this week than last, but I think she’s only sorry that she’s been called out for her actions; as opposed to being genuinely sorry.

The challenge was pretty abysmal. I didn’t think anybody did good tbh :joker: not even Jujubee besides a few cheap ‘my grandmother made that’ jokes. It worked a lot better with the club theme in AS4 than hotel suites, hopefully they won’t be returning again.

Also I am now fully #TeamShea. :love: