ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Will you be back in the pub? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=368265)

AnnieK 02-07-2020 10:16 AM

Will you be back in the pub?

As soon as it opens this weekend?

I won't, can't see me going to the pub for a long time. Lot's of my friends have said they will be there and many have booked tables....but I just don't fancy it yet.

Liam- 02-07-2020 10:18 AM

Even if I wasn’t shielding there’s no way on earth I’d be going straight away, it’s gonna be like a zoo, no thanks

joeysteele 02-07-2020 10:19 AM

I really only like in the country type pubs.

However no way at all would I even consider going at this time.

Cherie 02-07-2020 10:23 AM

No, not for a while

My hairdresser tried to book me in on Saturday and I said no...:laugh:

AnnieK 02-07-2020 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10873344)
No, not for a while

I have a mobile hairdresser and I'm not letting her in my house yet either.....even though my hair situation is bordering on critical :laugh:

bitontheslide 02-07-2020 10:33 AM

no way i will be in the pub, they have prioritised profit over customer health so I won't be giving them a penny

Vanessa 02-07-2020 10:33 AM

I don't drink, so no.

Toy Soldier 02-07-2020 10:39 AM

No. But I haven't been in a pub for about 2 years anyway :joker:.

The Slim Reaper 02-07-2020 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieK (Post 10873347)
I have a mobile hairdresser and I'm not letting her in my house yet either.....even though my hair situation is bordering on critical :laugh:

That's what dye is for.

Niamh. 02-07-2020 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10873344)
No, not for a while

Mine messaged me to say she was open again but I won't go for another couple of weeks, I want to see how the figures are looking after a bit more time of reopening has passed. Same for Pubs, was never a big Pub goer anyway tbh, I prefer a glass of wine in front of the TV in my PJs .......Lockdown wasn't a chore for me :hehe:

AnnieK 02-07-2020 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 10873353)
That's what dye is for.

How rude, I don't dye my hair.....the one and only saving grace of being ginger is not needing to dye your hair....no greys you see. Sadly....its doesn't stop growth.

The Slim Reaper 02-07-2020 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieK (Post 10873355)
How rude, I don't dye my hair.....the one and only saving grace of being ginger is not needing to dye your hair....no greys you see. Sadly....its doesn't stop growth.

We can agree to disagree on ginger being the reason you don't need to dye your hair. :smug:

Amy Jade 02-07-2020 11:05 AM

No. I genuinely have no desire to go to the pub at all. I think it will be manic.

Smithy 02-07-2020 11:06 AM

The ones that’ll be there are the all lives matter crowd :eyes:

AnnieK 02-07-2020 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 10873356)
We can agree to disagree on ginger being the reason you don't need to dye your hair. :smug:

:laugh: touche

Jake. 02-07-2020 11:13 AM

No, no idea why you’d want to straight away when you can have friends over in the garden for drinks or meet outside elsewhere. It’ll be like a cattle farm, really don’t see how you’d be able to enjoy yourself.

Cherie 02-07-2020 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10873354)
Mine messaged me to say she was open again but I won't go for another couple of weeks, I want to see how the figures are looking after a bit more time of reopening has passed. Same for Pubs, was never a big Pub goer anyway tbh, I prefer a glass of wine in front of the TV in my PJs .......Lockdown wasn't a chore for me :hehe:

yeah same, we didn't find it bad at all :laugh:

Tom4784 02-07-2020 11:49 AM

No, I predict they'll be closed down in a week or two again.

People are getting ahead of themselves and acting like it's all over and I doubt it'll be over for a long time to come yet.

DouglasS 02-07-2020 12:15 PM

I am going on Saturday, had to pay a deposit to book the table as well and it was very expensive! (£10 per a person!). I’ve also got my haircut booked in the morning

Toy Soldier 02-07-2020 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10873369)
yeah same, we didn't find it bad at all :laugh:

Other than the kids being at home all day (which has its plusses and negatives, honestly), supermarket one-way systems, and aforementioned Zoom feelings-circles ... my life is literally no different to the before-times. I dunno if that's a good thing or a bad thing :joker:.

I would love a trip to the cinema though :flutter:. I don't go all that often, maybe 3 or 4 times a year, but I hadn't been for a while before lockdown so I'm getting itchy feet.

Might set up a little blackout tent around the telly and hide in it with a film, popcorn, and a Tesco pick'n'mix one day once schools are back :joker:.

rusticgal 02-07-2020 12:24 PM

We like to go to the pub now and then just for one/two drinks. But we will let things settle down more before we go. We found a nice spot by the canal...so during lockdown and the nice weather we took a drink down there...it was lovely.

reece(: 02-07-2020 12:40 PM

No since all my friends can't go and meet on the same table so we're gonna keep doing house parties and drinks at the park for now.

All the rules and guidelines just makes it sound too restricted and miserable too.

Toy Soldier 02-07-2020 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reece(: (Post 10873415)
No since all my friends can't go and meet on the same table so we're gonna keep doing house parties and drinks at the park for now.

All the rules and guidelines just makes it sound too restricted and miserable too.

I agree with that too although I'd totally go to a restaurant where all of the tables are separated by big dividers. I wish they had always been like that :flutter:.

I've come up with this concept where you go to the restaurant, go down a corridor into a nice little "pod" with your table, order on an app and then your meal arrives via a little elevator. You never even see another human face except the people you're with. BLISS.

caprimint 02-07-2020 12:42 PM

No, pubs are overrated anyway without having restrictions in them

Brother Leon 02-07-2020 12:50 PM

Doesn’t really appeal to me anymore at the best of times, never mind in these.