ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   The total number of deaths in england and wales (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=368349)

parmnion 07-07-2020 08:56 AM

The total number of deaths in england and wales

According to the office for national statistics the total number of deaths in england and Wales has fallen below the five year average for the 2nd week in a row.

Borises lockdown rules did that.

Cherie 07-07-2020 09:37 AM

very good news, its not the first time it dipped under either, it was the same at the beginning of June

Liam- 07-07-2020 09:47 AM

Boris takes no credit for what Wales has done tyvm

joeysteele 07-07-2020 10:08 AM

There's still people who have died from this virus who shouldn't have and left thousands of grieving relatives.
They still are daily too.

Dress deaths up all you like.

These who died of this virus, as this PM who astoundedly still gets applauded despite the number of the rising deaths of this virus.
He himself stated long before the rising deaths got to unnecessary levels.
He stated, he had to tell people they were going to lose many more loved ones before their time.

The words before their time very important.
Trying to belittle the losses of lives to this virus via statistics is insulting frankly.
To those who have lost loved ones cruelly to it.

Unbelievable.

There's no such thing as good news on unnecessary deaths,none in my view.

DouglasS 07-07-2020 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10875969)
According to the office for national statistics the total number of deaths in england and Wales has fallen below the five year average for the 2nd week in a row.

Borises lockdown rules did that.

:clap1:

That is so good. Hopefully there will be no spike and we can all go back to normality as soon as possible. Although I did go on a pub crawl on Saturday so I’m feeling like normality is almost back!

Nicky91 07-07-2020 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeysteele (Post 10875987)
There's still people who have died from this virus who shouldn't have and left thousands of grieving relatives.

These who died of this virus, as this PM who astoundedly still gets applauded despite the number of the rising deaths of this virus.
He stated, he had to tell people they were going to lose many more loved ones before their time.

Trying to belittle the losses of lives to this virus via statistics is insulting frankly.

Unbelievable.

exactly, also UK has highest amount of deaths in europe, and only behind on USA, Brazil who got higher population too

Nicky91 07-07-2020 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasS (Post 10875994)
:clap1:

That is so good. Hopefully there will be no spike and we can all go back to normality as soon as possible. Although I did go on a pub crawl on Saturday so I’m feeling like normality is almost back!

No?

even here in Netherlands, ''normality isn't back'' despite easing down of lockdown measures, experts are still daily being at talk shows spreading awareness to the public to still be very careful

MTVN 07-07-2020 10:33 AM

Very good news, it took a long time but this shows the virus is well under control now

The bigger threat to life in this country is now going to be other factors like the backlog in cancer cases

The Slim Reaper 07-07-2020 10:33 AM

65k excess deaths. We knew it was coming here but Boris was busy enjoying a holiday. Expert says locking down 1 week earlier would have halved that figure.

TIBB: :clap1:

bitontheslide 07-07-2020 10:37 AM

not wishing to throw a damper into the mix but if many of the elderly and vulnerable died as a result of covid then there are less of them available to die in normal times, so you would expect the rate to drop well below the average

The Slim Reaper 07-07-2020 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10876000)
not wishing to throw a damper into the mix but if many of the elderly and vulnerable died as a result of covid then there are less of them available to die in normal times, so you would expect the rate to drop well below the average

Nicky91 07-07-2020 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTVN (Post 10875998)
Very good news, it took a long time but this shows the virus is well under control now

The bigger threat to life in this country is now going to be other factors like the backlog in cancer cases

not when scientists, experts still discover new things on this virus every day

people like Dr Fauci, Ab Osterhaus, the WHO are very much correct that people underestimate this virus which shouldn't be since this virus is a huge threat to us all, they are the real heroes here who spend all time they got on trying to know everything they can find on Covid-19

cancer cases? yes that is unfortunate that they could not get treatments these times but dealing with a virus pandemic is more important

parmnion 07-07-2020 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeysteele (Post 10875987)

Unbelievable.

But good news, like this thread about less and less unnecessary deaths all over the country for 2 weeks running, is.

MTVN 07-07-2020 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 10876002)
not when scientists, experts still discover new things on this virus every day

people like Dr Fauci, Ab Osterhaus, the WHO are very much correct that people underestimate this virus which shouldn't be since this virus is a huge threat to us all, they are the real heroes here who spend all time they got on trying to know everything they can find on Covid-19

cancer cases? yes that is unfortunate that they could not get treatments these times but dealing with a virus pandemic is more important

:unsure:

joeysteele 07-07-2020 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10876005)
But good news, like this thread about less and less unnecessary deaths all over the country for 2 weeks running, is.

To you maybe not to me.

It's not just the UNNECESSARY deaths from this virus that needs consideration.

Those who have battled months against it,there's many left with brain damage, permanent kidney damage and permanent lung damage.
Their lives, as their lives were, will never be the same again.

There's no good news until there's no more damage like that and no more deaths at all.

I'd not wish the devastation of this virus on anyone who contracted it badly, or what they may be left with, IF they survived it.
Nor would I term good news as to a lower but still RISING death figures.

It brings no solace to those who know the deepest grief and pain of losing anyone or even more than just one, to this virus.

Statistics can be made to say whatever any organisation wants them to.
They don't impress me.

44,000 officially presented by the government as to deaths..
The real figure believed to be half that again on top of the 44,000.

With still hundreds dying over the whole of even just the last week.

That's all I need to see and I see nothing good in any of it.
That's my feeling and view.

Cherie 07-07-2020 11:34 AM

u
Quote:

Originally Posted by MTVN (Post 10876008)
:unsure:

:joker: let those cancer sufferers eat cake

bitontheslide 07-07-2020 12:09 PM

they had a video diary on the bbc yesterday of a cancer sufferer going through the pandemic where her treatment was suspended and she sadly died. It was heartbreaking

The Judge. 07-07-2020 12:55 PM

Not only did hmmmm Boris's slow reaction contribute tothe death rate but hmmm but also hmm poor funding hmmm of the NHS hmmmm our hmmm ratio hmmm to cases/deaths is shocking, not only were the NHS hmmmm under funded but the PPE information they were given hmmmmm kept changing you hmm had situations where Covid hmmm patients were hmmm on wards where they really should not have been hmmmm true..

The Judge. 07-07-2020 12:57 PM

A hmmm large hmm proportion of Covid cases hmmm were no doubt transmitted in hospital hmmm true..

Toy Soldier 07-07-2020 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Judge. (Post 10876066)
Not only did hmmmm Boris's slow reaction contribute tothe death rate but hmmm but also hmm poor funding hmmm of the NHS hmmmm our hmmm ratio hmmm to cases/deaths is shocking, not only were the NHS hmmmm under funded but the PPE information they were given hmmmmm kept changing you hmm had situations where Covid hmmm patients were hmmm on wards where they really should not have been hmmmm true..

The **** is this though.

The Judge. 07-07-2020 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10876069)
The **** is this though.

hmmm do hmm you have a query hmmmm for the Judge......?

The Slim Reaper 07-07-2020 01:00 PM

Welcome judge. Bit of friendly advice, all the hmmm's in your posts may cause you to fall foul around here for a couple of reasons. 1) other posters wont want to read that continuously, 2) you will be accused of spamming and trolling.

Genuinely nice to see a new face around though, and I hope you accept this as well meaning.

The Judge. 07-07-2020 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 10876076)
Welcome judge. Bit of friendly advice, all the hmmm's in your posts may cause you to fall foul around here for a couple of reasons. 1) other posters wont want to read that continuously, 2) you will be accused of spamming and trolling.

Genuinely nice to see a new face around though, and I hope you accept this as well meaning.

HMM I am the wise HMMM judge, it HMMM is important to HMMM pause a few times while HMMM speaking, HMMM especially when HMMM one is the bearer of such HMMMM wisdom HMMM perhaps I can HMM change the format HMMM to make it easier to HMMM read... HMMMM

Toy Soldier 07-07-2020 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Judge. (Post 10876071)
hmmm do hmm you have a query hmmmm for the Judge......?

No.

Slim I'm sure you must be aware that there hasn't been a "new face" on Tibb since something like 2015.

Cherie 07-07-2020 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10876158)
No.

Slim I'm sure you must be aware that there hasn't been a "new face" on Tibb since something like 2015.

What about Neems facelift :oh: