ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Big Brother 2023 - ITV2 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=741)
-   -   Brian's video on BB Presenter-gate (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=368389)

Greg! 08-07-2020 07:29 PM

Brian's video on BB Presenter-gate

This is a few weeks old but I've just come across it now. I think he made his points well and I feel a bit sorry for him even though I didn't think much of him as host.

Rob! 08-07-2020 08:31 PM

I do get his point tbh. It must have felt proper ****ty.

Rob! 08-07-2020 08:36 PM

Oh I really want him to spill on his time as host. Clearly something else was going on, aside from all the fans slagging him off.
To be fair, I can't imagine he wrote his own material. NOBODY in their right mind would think "It'll be amazing if I shout 'RUNWAY' here!"
Although having said that, the fact he had to write down the line "Big Brother House, this is Brian," in case he forgot it, considering it's the mildest of variations (saying his own name) on probably the most iconic phrase in reality television does sort of make you think he was a bit beyond help.

madman411 08-07-2020 10:57 PM

Honestly I can see why he's annoyed, but when I think back to BB I think of Davina, Dermot and Emma. Brian never really made much of an impression as host for me. I think he's just finding a reason to whine and get some attention since the show was getting some new attention. In his tweets he said he decided not to contribute to Best Shows Ever with making his video clips and that was his choice. I don't feel the production company went out of their way to omit him.

I do like Brian and he sticks out to me when I think of early Big Brother. I too wish more information about his sacking would be revealed. It would probably fill in some of these gaps.

bitontheslide 13-07-2020 04:12 PM

i think if I had been a focal point for a show and wasn't mentioned I would be a bit hacked off too, but he was utterly forgettable as a host, so in that respect i'm not surprised

Niamh. 13-07-2020 04:20 PM

ah poor Brian :love: Fair points imo

Ammi 13-07-2020 04:39 PM

...awww Brian...:love:...it’s deserving that validation which he didn’t get because he has been a huge part of BB from all sides...I think it was really shabby treatment ...

Cherie 15-07-2020 10:07 PM

I didn’t watch the show but claiming Emma took over from Davina is clearly rewriting history and all 3 involved should be ashamed of themselves for agreeing to present it in a way that airbrushed him out

Marsh. 15-07-2020 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10880407)
I didn’t watch the show but claiming Emma took over from Davina is clearly rewriting history and all 3 involved should be ashamed of themselves for agreeing to present it in a way that airbrushed him out

Tbf, they didn't. Rylan asked Emma what it felt like going from being such a fan of the show to hosting it.

It was probably unfair to not bring Brian's name up in the discussion at all but they never claimed Emma replaced Davina.

MTVN 15-07-2020 10:47 PM

I understand a lot of what he says and it's a bit sad that his presenting probably will always be a bit forgotten and Davina and Emma will be the only ones remembered as hosts. I don't think he did a great job but it was a bloody difficult thing he was tasked with fronting the show when Davina had been so popular and when a lot of people probably didn't think it should have come back on a new channel. There will also have been a lot of things he didn't have control over and I think people often used him as a scapegoat for their problems with the early C5 series in general