ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements / Suggestions / Help (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Please can we take the forum out of the 90s and into the 21st century (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=368409)

Greg! 10-07-2020 12:04 AM

Please can we take the forum out of the 90s and into the 21st century

Here are some suggestions. :)

Remove the options at the bottom of threads to share to websites that no one uses anymore, or no longer exist, for example MySpace, Digg, Stumbleupon

New smilies - For example more emojis (:skull: and :eyes: are welcome additions but it would be good for them to be included on the smilie list rather than having to type them out). Small images of popular housemates would also be cute, for example :Nikki: or :Makosi:

A button to embed tweets, would just make life easier.

A better social media presence to attract new members, and therefore more discussion. I'm sure a lot of members on here would be up for running the twitter account etc which would share links popular topics and threads on the forum to attract BB fans.

A new design? There are some talented graphic designers on here so surely a new skin competition or something could be held to make the forum look more modern? However I do understand it probably would take a lot of time and effort to implement

Other members feel free to add any thoughts below x

Marsh. 10-07-2020 12:20 AM

I agree with everything except small images of housemates.

Greg! 10-07-2020 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 10877591)

Right... https://i.ibb.co/vYnwDsH/Screen-Shot...t-01-22-38.png

Oh you just love to be different don't you darling!

Marsh. 10-07-2020 12:29 AM

:smug:

Calderyon 10-07-2020 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 10877591)

This would definitely be abused and would get annoying very fast.

Greg! 10-07-2020 12:35 AM

Ok but what are people’s thoughts on everything else?

I just had a look at the TiBB twitter and all it seems to do is use a bot to post random daily pics of BB19? Surely it could be better utilised than that? I would legit be happy to help run the account as it’s relevant to my uni course and would look cute on my CV etc

Calderyon 10-07-2020 12:38 AM

I agree with the tweet embedding button.

Marsh. 10-07-2020 12:38 AM

Not Greg turning the place into This is Nicky.com

Mokka 10-07-2020 01:56 AM

This all sounds like a utopia VBulletin could never support... and there isn't anyone investing in upgrading this place. Sorry, but I think that's the reality.

Brother Leon 10-07-2020 01:57 AM

Read the title and thought we we talking about Serious Debates section :laugh:

Glenn. 10-07-2020 02:09 AM

Just pull the plug on ha

Marsh. 10-07-2020 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glenn. (Post 10877617)
Just pull the plug on ha

Aww, no. Mokka might be old but there's life in ha yet. :hehe:

Scarlett. 10-07-2020 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mokka (Post 10877613)
This all sounds like a utopia VBulletin could never support... and there isn't anyone investing in upgrading this place. Sorry, but I think that's the reality.

A lot of stuff can be done in the Vbulletin system I think

Mokka 10-07-2020 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 10877620)
Aww, no. Mokka might be old but there's life in ha yet. :hehe:

That's debatable :think:

Amy Jade 10-07-2020 07:00 AM

No disrespect to whoever implements changes (Mark?) but I think they gave up a long time ago sadly.

Greg! 10-07-2020 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 10877605)
Not Greg turning the place into This is Nicky.com

That’s a shout actually
https://keyassets-p2.timeincuk.net/w..._brother29.jpg

Smithy 10-07-2020 11:24 AM

Agree with everything apart from the small housemates images

Also thing the homepage needs a redesign, it looks crap noah fence

Smithy 10-07-2020 11:28 AM

Marsh design some new icons too pet, the old ones are v dated

MTVN 10-07-2020 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy Jade (Post 10877639)
No disrespect to whoever implements changes (Mark?) but I think they gave up a long time ago sadly.

I don't believe Mark has done anything for years, James is the main one who's kept the site functioning the last few years

Smithy 10-07-2020 11:41 AM

I actually think all the emojis are available but they’re all numbered and it’s impossible to know which is which

:emoji22:

That used to be the code for them

LeatherTrumpet 10-07-2020 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg! (Post 10877583)
Here are some suggestions. :)

Remove the options at the bottom of threads to share to websites that no one uses anymore, or no longer exist, for example MySpace, Digg, Stumbleupon

New smilies - For example more emojis (:skull: and :eyes: are welcome additions but it would be good for them to be included on the smilie list rather than having to type them out). Small images of popular housemates would also be cute, for example :Nikki: or :Makosi:

A button to embed tweets, would just make life easier.

A better social media presence to attract new members, and therefore more discussion. I'm sure a lot of members on here would be up for running the twitter account etc which would share links popular topics and threads on the forum to attract BB fans.

A new design? There are some talented graphic designers on here so surely a new skin competition or something could be held to make the forum look more modern? However I do understand it probably would take a lot of time and effort to implement

Other members feel free to add any thoughts below x

:clap1:

Nicky91 10-07-2020 11:57 AM

i agree mostly with that ''better social media presence to attract new members'' thing

more members in any debates on SD is better, but also more new members for any games in here is also great for variety :love:

the current design is good enough, and i thought it wasn't that old, or at least can remember James did upgrade it not so long ago (and you can choose whatever design you prefer yourselves) but a skin competition does sound interesting indeed :)

Mokka 10-07-2020 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy Jade (Post 10877639)

This is the other half of the problem. VBulletin aside, the people with the controls don't care to do it... or give up the controls.

LeatherTrumpet 10-07-2020 12:41 PM

If the forum was a car it would be an Astra on an 03 plate with one wheel a space saver and one door panel a different colour.

Jessica. 10-07-2020 01:27 PM

I started making icons before and they looked really nice but it was so much work for no reward so I stopped. I do agree with the ideas apart from the emojis though.