ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Football (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   Mystery PL player pens open letter saying he is gay but scared to come out (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=368436)

Denver 10-07-2020 09:38 PM

Mystery PL player pens open letter saying he is gay but scared to come out

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mir...s-22337786.amp

Liam- 10-07-2020 09:43 PM

This story comes around every few months, it’s so boring

Denver 10-07-2020 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liam- (Post 10878085)
This story comes around every few months, it’s so boring

This has come from the actually charity who is dealing with gay players and their worries

parmnion 10-07-2020 09:44 PM

Well I doubt the pa guy is gonna pump "you're a poofter"chants into the stadium, so what's to be scared of in regards to him being a footballer?

In his big mansion.

Denver 10-07-2020 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10878088)
Well I doubt the pa guy is gonna pump "you're a poofter"chants into the stadium, so what's to be scared of in regards to him being a footballer?

In his big mansion.

The fans are vile people and was a contributing fact in the last British PL player to come out suicide

parmnion 10-07-2020 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver (Post 10878090)
The fans are vile people and was a contributing fact in the last British PL player to come out suicide

But there ain't no fans anymore.:shrug:

Denver 10-07-2020 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10878097)
But there ain't no fans anymore.:shrug:

There is social media which has led to the death of numerous famous people across the world

parmnion 10-07-2020 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver (Post 10878101)
There is social media which has led to the death of numerous famous people across the world

Switch it off. Ffs

Black Dagger 10-07-2020 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10878103)
Switch it off. Ffs

Why don't you. For once in your life.

parmnion 10-07-2020 10:06 PM

The abuse Ive had on tibb could have made me top myself.

And I suppose the abuse I've given out could have tipped others over the edge..but fgs..if your doing this, this way! Then I just think your digging yourself a deeper hole when what you wanted to come out actually comes out.

Just another thick footballer to some, afraid of the unknown.

parmnion 10-07-2020 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Dagger (Post 10878104)
Why don't you. For once in your life.

Why dont you try and communicate with the person you perceive to be saying something you dont like, rather than insult them because you dont appreciate what you perceive to be thier point.:shrug:

It's boring.

Glenn. 10-07-2020 10:43 PM

Look everyone it’s a hetero with zero experience with discrimination

Shaun 11-07-2020 04:50 AM

I'm actually disgusted that the tabloids are still making up lies about this and raring to out someone for a few clicks. There've been too many instances of liars on social media just treating a sensitive issue as a bit of gossip, and making the "coming out" experience this huge pantomime that bears no correlation with reality. It's really ****ing frustrating, because it (a Premier League player coming out) would be a huge barrier disappearing between the state of football and its fans today and where it needs to go for the sake of civilised sportsmanship.

You can argue that football twitter is so incredibly toxic that it means no one will ever come out, but they're never going to change unless queer people are performing and thriving in their world. And I'm sure there'll be a hundred thousand "why does it bloody matter!1!!! keep it in the bedroom!M!!!!!" comments, completely missing the point of homophobia in football, and to them I question whether they've ever read or expressed an interest in a footballer caught shagging his brother's wife, or a 60 year old prostitute, or a hotel gang bang in Thailand, or - in a more positive light - their grief over a wife dying of cancer, their explorations of disability and mental health (Alan Shearer and Harry Redknapp have been the subject of two big recent documentaries for the BBC and ITV respectively), or children going through some kind of disease. They are personalities, and philanthropists, and they have a huge position as role models for children, and some of them will be queer and looking for something similar in their footballers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10878105)
The abuse Ive had on tibb could have made me top myself.

This seems to be the go-to defense lately when members' foolishness is exposed :worry:

Cal. 11-07-2020 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 10878161)
I'm actually disgusted that the tabloids are still making up lies about this and raring to out someone for a few clicks. There've been too many instances of liars on social media just treating a sensitive issue as a bit of gossip, and making the "coming out" experience this huge pantomime that bears no correlation with reality. It's really ****ing frustrating, because it (a Premier League player coming out) would be a huge barrier disappearing between the state of football and its fans today and where it needs to go for the sake of civilised sportsmanship.

You can argue that football twitter is so incredibly toxic that it means no one will ever come out, but they're never going to change unless queer people are performing and thriving in their world. And I'm sure there'll be a hundred thousand "why does it bloody matter!1!!! keep it in the bedroom!M!!!!!" comments, completely missing the point of homophobia in football, and to them I question whether they've ever read or expressed an interest in a footballer caught shagging his brother's wife, or a 60 year old prostitute, or a hotel gang bang in Thailand, or - in a more positive light - their wife dying of cancer, their explorations of disability and mental health (Alan Shearer and Harry Redknapp have been the subject of two big recent documentaries for the BBC and ITV respectively), or children going through some kind of disease. They are personalities, and philanthropists, and they have a huge position as role models for children, and some of them will be queer and looking for something similar in their footballers.

Excellently put.

armand.kay 11-07-2020 05:25 AM

i'll be a wag someday <3