ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Face coverings in England's shops to be compulsory from 24 July or £100 fine (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=368486)

Samm 13-07-2020 10:04 PM

Face coverings in England's shops to be compulsory from 24 July or £100 fine

Quote:

Wearing a face covering in shops and supermarkets in England is to become mandatory from 24 July.

Those who fail to comply with the new rules will face a fine of up to £100, the government is to announce.

The move will bring England into line with Scotland and other major European nations like Spain, Italy and Germany.

Source
this government has quite the theme on being LATE

Jigs 13-07-2020 10:08 PM

No excuses now

parmnion 13-07-2020 10:15 PM

£100 fine....I will sue the shop for letting me in

Minted!!

Liam- 13-07-2020 10:17 PM

Perched for the ‘my civil liberties are being encroached on!!’ Types boycotting the supermarkets

arista 14-07-2020 12:53 AM

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cp...ntpage1407.jpg

arista 14-07-2020 12:54 AM

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cp...p1-july-14.jpg

arista 14-07-2020 12:54 AM

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cp...lfront1407.jpg

arista 14-07-2020 01:00 AM

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cp...mirrorsnip.jpg

arista 14-07-2020 01:00 AM

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cp...ardian1407.jpg

Brother Leon 14-07-2020 01:45 AM

I’ve been doing that anyway. It’s common decency to the people working there.

Barry. 14-07-2020 01:47 AM

I don't get how Boris took so long. Nicola's power?

Vanessa 14-07-2020 04:44 AM

This is good. And about time!

Mystic Mock 14-07-2020 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Leon (Post 10879375)
I’ve been doing that anyway. It’s common decency to the people working there.

This.

Shaun 14-07-2020 05:26 AM

Just shops? Not schools, pubs, office floors, etc?

Samm 14-07-2020 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 10879396)
Just shops? Not schools, pubs, office floors, etc?

most offices aren’t open and will remain close for the rest of the year, schools I guess they’ll tackle that in sept. Pubs are already spaced out, and I think it’ll be a bit of a hassle and useless to keep taking the mask on and off when you’re drinking and eating :/

Ammi 14-07-2020 07:04 AM

...I wonder, will low income families receive help with the cost of masks to help protect them ...or even free masks...as they can be quite expensive and especially to have one for every family member...

Strictly Jake 14-07-2020 07:53 AM

Firstly

We have been told from the start that face masks do not work....so why would they work now?

Secondly

Why the 24th July. Where have they just plucked that date from. If shops are so dangerous without masks then surely it should be mandatory straight away not in a week and a halfs time

Thirdly

It is all to delude us into believing we are safer therefore feeling we are safe to go out and spend and out more money into the economy

They literally are making stuff up as they go along and I think im just gonna use my own common sense as clearly they dont have any

Ammi 14-07-2020 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strictly Jake (Post 10879421)
Firstly

We have been told from the start that face masks do not work....so why would they work now?

Secondly

Why the 24th July. Where have they just plucked that date from. If shops are so dangerous without masks then surely it should be mandatory straight away not in a week and a halfs time

Thirdly

It is all to delude us into believing we are safer therefore feeling we are safe to go out and spend and out more money into the economy

They literally are making stuff up as they go along and I think im just gonna use my own common sense as clearly they dont have any

...welcome to the land of Boris Johnson, Jake...

bitontheslide 14-07-2020 07:58 AM

we were told from the start that wearing a face mask does not protect you from getting covid, it protects others from catching covid from you. Nothing has changed

joeysteele 14-07-2020 08:00 AM

It can be any mask or any facecovering.
Even a thick scarf wrapped round.

Nothing needs to be bought.
They can easily be made from items of clothing we have in the home.

I've worn a mask since the end of February really but all the time since early March.

At last this procrastinating government has joined the race.
Too many laps behind to claim any win.

However at last.
This should have been done months ago.

Because we don't know WHO may have or does have this virus.
By the same token, many who have the virus, don't even know they have it either.
Hence, in my view, the need for face coverings.

Samm 14-07-2020 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strictly Jake (Post 10879421)
Firstly

Secondly

Thirdly

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10879426)
we were told from the start that wearing a face mask does not protect you from getting covid, it protects others from catching covid from you. Nothing has changed

No, not true the WHO changed it’s advice a few months ago. The risk is significantly lower when you’re wearing a mask.

https://i.imgur.com/1BBabC8_d.jpg?ma...idelity=medium

Kazanne 14-07-2020 08:37 AM

I think masks probably make people feel safe ,some say they are useless others say they are useful ,as for bringing it in as compulsory there must be a reason for that , firstly they will have been advised which way to go, it has been proven in shops large crowds gather and are in close contact , plus maybe its because the cases have dropped and it may help to keep it down, also people will go out and shop more which is needed and there maybe less queues with the wearing of masks . whatever is decided some people will not be happy with it , The public just need to do what they feel safe with.

joeysteele 14-07-2020 08:56 AM

What I don't get is the outcry of shop staff dealing with this.
When the lockdown came in, staff were at the doors of shops, saying what you have to do.

You had to queue to get in.
Social distancing, with that monitored.

Supermarkets have security staff there.
All that has to be done is have them at the door.
If someone isn't wearing a mask, then they don't go in.
Just as at the start of lockdown,no one could just charge into the Store.
They had to go in, in order.

Near all abided by that and it was successful.

I see no reason why not admitting someone to a shop or store, who isn't or refuses to wear a facecovering, is any different.

It's just looking for irrelevant arguments against, that's just my view.

Yes a facecovering is irritating at first.
It's now just routine to me.

When I think in winter, seeing all these people wrapping scarves round their faces keeping out the cold.
Scarves of any material.

What on earth is the problem?

Ammi 14-07-2020 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeysteele (Post 10879446)
What I don't get is the outcry of shop staff dealing with this.
When the lockdown came in, staff were at the doors of shops, saying what you have to do.

You had to queue to get in.
Social distancing, with that monitored.

Supermarkets have security staff there.
All that has to be done is have them at the door.
If someone isn't wearing a mask, then they don't go in.
Just as at the start of lockdown,no one could just charge into the Store.
They had to go in, in order.

Near all abided by that and it was successful.

I see no reason why not admitting someone to a shop or store, who isn't or refuses to wear a facecovering, is any different.

It's just looking for irrelevant arguments against, that's just my view.

Yes a facecovering is irritating at first.
It's now just routine to me.

When I think in winter, seeing all these people wrapping scarves round their faces keeping out the cold.
Scarves of any material.

What on earth is the problem?

...in Spain that’s how it’s always been...you’re not wearing a mask/you’re not allowed in the store...I was thinking about things like clip bags...those reusable shopping bags that we’ve all had with us every time we go out because they somehow magically foldaway to nothing to keep in pockets etc...I wonder if there is a similar thing for masks, a foldaway one that can always be carried everywhere...

Cherie 14-07-2020 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10879424)
...welcome to the land of Boris Johnson, Jake...

They are not compulsory in Wales or NI as yet ..