ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Corbyn was right (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=368651)

Liam- 21-07-2020 09:34 AM

Corbyn was right

They’ve voted to not protect the NHS from being owned and controlled by overseas influences, the NHS is on the table like we were all told it would be.

But Boris is fun though so who cares.

Smithy 21-07-2020 09:38 AM

Colour me shocked

Ammi 21-07-2020 09:42 AM

...just depressing, really...Boris was never fun, Boris was always a self serving liar...

Zizu 21-07-2020 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liam- (Post 10883705)

They’ve voted to not protect the NHS from being owned and controlled by overseas influences, the NHS is on the table like we were all told it would be.

But Boris is fun though so who cares.

But why would so many vote against protecting the NHS when they know there’d be public outrage ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Daniel-X 21-07-2020 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zizu (Post 10883718)
But why would so many vote against protecting the NHS when they know there’d be public outrage ...

Because tories know they’ve brainwashed this country so much they can pretty much do as they please, because ‘BREXIT MEANS BREXIT!!!!’ and idk Boris is apparently funny or something? (I hate this country.)

Captain.Remy 21-07-2020 09:59 AM

Well well well, what a "surprise" isn't it? :rolleyes:

joeysteele 21-07-2020 10:03 AM

Beware of the deceit that is the only thing that comes out of Johnson's mouth.

A very dangerously deceitful politician indeed.

Tom4784 21-07-2020 10:05 AM

Congratulations, Tory voters, you have enabled the destruction of the NHS. **** your clapping and rainbows.

Liam- 21-07-2020 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10883712)
...just depressing, really...Boris was never fun, Boris was always a self serving liar...

Ah, but he is fun because he hangs from ziplines, tells jokes and lies like normal people, that’s worth making him prime minister for, he’s fun!

https://im4.ezgif.com/tmp/ezgif-4-f7a8c09c4bdc.gif

Ammi 21-07-2020 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liam- (Post 10883731)
Ah, but he is fun because he hangs from ziplines, tells jokes and lies like normal people, that’s worth making him prime minister for, he’s fun!

https://im4.ezgif.com/tmp/ezgif-4-f7a8c09c4bdc.gif

...does he make canoes with his hot dog rolls though...because if he doesn’t, he’s not fun and didn’t deserve to be PM...

The Slim Reaper 21-07-2020 10:18 AM

Why didn't anyone warn the tory voters this was a possibility? We still clapping on Thursdays, or nah?

Oliver_W 21-07-2020 10:22 AM

But this is completely impossible because Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson is exactly like us and a good old boy, he'd be fun down the pub and everything.

Toy Soldier 21-07-2020 10:23 AM

How can anyone look at the US healthcare system in 2020 especially and think "yeah this is a better model". I find it STAGGERING that every country in the world is not currently rethinking and restructuring healthcare with a boat-load of extra funding... they know fine well that this will not be the last pandemic or health crisis and they're still lurching towards a private/insurance model?

The Slim Reaper 21-07-2020 10:32 AM

Cherie 21-07-2020 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10883746)
How can anyone look at the US healthcare system in 2020 especially and think "yeah this is a better model". I find it STAGGERING that every country in the world is not currently rethinking and restructuring healthcare with a boat-load of extra funding... they know fine well that this will not be the last pandemic or health crisis and they're still lurching towards a private/insurance model?

100%

Toy Soldier 21-07-2020 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 10883753)

I'm convinced that less well off people who vote Tory simply already know this but have had the "strivers and shirkers" stuff forced on them so hard that they're suffering from some sort of self-hatred. "Well yeah I'm not doing so well but that's my own fault, if I had worked harder I'd be doing better... and at least I have more money than my neighbour... so I must have worked harder than them and that makes me feel good".

arista 21-07-2020 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 10883753)

Yes a few years back
Cummings the Master Planner

DouglasS 21-07-2020 10:44 AM

Corbyn is the reason Boris is in power. Corbyn is so disliked by the nation that he handed a landslide over, well done Corbyn :clap1:

Tom4784 21-07-2020 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasS (Post 10883764)
Corbyn is the reason Boris is in power. Corbyn is so disliked by the nation that he handed a landslide over, well done Corbyn :clap1:

Nah, Tory voters are just gullible and easily led. You can't blame the opposition for the terrible choices the voters made, their stupidity is on them. They made a terrible choice, yet again, and we all have to live with it.

Smithy 21-07-2020 10:47 AM

Quote:

Boris is in power because the 90% of the mainstream media is run by right wing cocks who benefit with Boris in power so they ran the biggest political smear campaign in decades to ensure Boris won

DouglasS 21-07-2020 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10883767)
Boris is in power because the 90% of the mainstream media is run by right wing cocks who benefit with Boris in power so they ran the biggest political smear campaign in decades to ensure Boris won

We love left wing media sources :clap1:

I don’t believe every thing I read, I don’t think this is true, mainstream media seems more in favour of left wing (aka BBC) to me

The Slim Reaper 21-07-2020 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10883759)
I'm convinced that less well off people who vote Tory simply already know this but have had the "strivers and shirkers" stuff forced on them so hard that they're suffering from some sort of self-hatred. "Well yeah I'm not doing so well but that's my own fault, if I had worked harder I'd be doing better... and at least I have more money than my neighbour... so I must have worked harder than them and that makes me feel good".

I think there are a few reasons. Yours is definitely one, but I think being a tory is also seen as aspirational. It's America, so not 100% relevant but polls over there as to why people vote republican reveal a ridiculous amount of people that think they're about to be rich at any minute. Being British, we don't generally have those levels of confidence, but I still think there's something there, and ours is based more around British exceptionalism and superiority complex, that the tories loathing of groups feeds into.

And of course the press most importantly. Decades of foreigners coming for your jobs, your benefits, your women, your rights, is all bound to have an effect. Propaganda rarely ever fails.

caprimint 21-07-2020 10:52 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/ZdxLZA...Gdug/giphy.gif

Oliver_W 21-07-2020 10:57 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 10883766)
Nah, Tory voters are just gullible and easily led. You can't blame the opposition for the terrible choices the voters made, their stupidity is on them. They made a terrible choice, yet again, and we all have to live with it.

I think it's six of one tbh.

Corbyn had a lot of skeletons in his closet, and connections with questionable people. Whether or not this would affect how he'd run government, he made it really easy for the media to make him look incredibly unelectable.

Did they do so because a Tory government would benefit them more than a Corbyn-led one? Sure. But they took the straw that was there, and spun it into a golden result for Boris.

The Slim Reaper 21-07-2020 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10883775)
I think it's six of one tbh.

Corbyn had a lot of skeletons in his closet, and connections with questionable people. Whether or not this would affect how he'd run government, he made it really easy for the media to make him look incredibly unelectable.

Did they do so because a Tory government would benefit them more than a Corbyn-led one? Sure. But they took the straw that was there, and spun it into a golden result for Boris.

Dude, the tory party is funded by Russians, and you're back to Corbyn shared a stage with this guy once...

It's not 6 of 1.