ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Smithy’s Moving Thread [December Update!!!!] (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=368904)

Ammi 01-08-2020 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10889806)
Guys I’m moving to Manchester cause it’s cheaper than Guernsey

Stacey: wow good job you’re not moving to London it’s just as expensive

Like???

Make cents girl

...and I would say, Manchester being much more a young person’s place to live as well...so much to offer you that Guernsey, with all of its beauty...doesn't have...

caprimint 01-08-2020 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10889806)
Guys I’m moving to Manchester cause it’s cheaper than Guernsey

Stacey: wow good job you’re not moving to London it’s just as expensive

Like???

Make cents girl

Wot??? No you're saying that the prices were "extortionate" in Guernsey when they are literally the same as London :joker:

I'm not sure what Guernsey is like to live in, but hearing from a bunch of people that Manchester is AWFUL to live compared to London, even for a cheaper price

caprimint 01-08-2020 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasS (Post 10889813)
The people of Manchester strongly dislike Lady Gaga, I think Liverpool is a nice city next to it though

omg :skull:

Marsh. 01-08-2020 02:39 PM

I had no idea DouglasS was such a massive fan of Gaga.

caprimint 01-08-2020 02:39 PM

Middle ground is probably Liverpool though. LOVELY city compared to Manchester and way cheaper than London :dazzler:

Smithy 01-08-2020 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10889814)
...and I would say, Manchester being much more a young persons place to live as well...so much to offer you that Guernsey, with all of its beauty...doesn't have...

Exactly, and tbh the “beauty” aspect of it wears thing very quickly, going to the beach every weekend gets boring
Quote:

Originally Posted by caprimint (Post 10889815)
Wot??? No you're saying that the prices were "extortionate" in Guernsey when they are literally the same as London :joker:

I'm not sure what Guernsey is like to live in, but hearing from a bunch of people that Manchester is AWFUL to live compared to London, even for a cheaper price

That’s just means the prices in London are extortionate too :skull:

Ok well I’m not going to take the opinion to too many alcoholic hostel dwellers seriously but thanks for your input all the same

Marsh. 01-08-2020 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caprimint (Post 10889815)

London is extortionate too.

Smithy 01-08-2020 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 10889817)
I had no idea DouglasS was such a massive fan of Gaga.

He’s on me ignore list loov so I don’t know what he’s said about her, but I think we all knew he was a big fan, it’s all he seems to talk about in every music thread

caprimint 01-08-2020 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10889819)
Exactly, and tbh the “beauty” aspect of it wears thing very quickly, going to the beach every weekend gets boring

That’s just means the prices in London are extortionate too :skull:

Ok well I’m not going to take the opinion to too many alcoholic hostel dwellers seriously but thanks for your input all the same

Hostels are better in London too, it seems like you're interested!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 10889821)
London is extortionate too.

Not really for everything that you get. If you live for one week in Manchester you have seen all it has to offer. :skull:

Oliver_W 01-08-2020 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10889797)
Have you ever been to Guernsey? It’s nice for a holiday but to live here it’s extortionate, the average price for a one bedroom flat is £800+ a month :skull:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgan. (Post 10889803)
Lmao this is what I’m telling my dad who’s trying to move there currently :joker:

Surely that's just rental? Mortgages would be cheaper? Like I had a quick look and most houses are "only" ~£100k more than their equivalents here...

Come to Northants!! Much nicer+cheaper+safer than Mancs!

caprimint 01-08-2020 02:44 PM

Btw you can even find places that cheap in London too. Which is 1. better location, 2. better/cheaper (mostly) transport, 3. better lifestyle.

All you have to do is look in the right places. It's really not that hard :shrug:

Smithy 01-08-2020 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10889826)
Surely that's just rental? Mortgages would be cheaper? Like I had a quick look and most houses are "only" ~£100k more than their equivalents here...

Come to Northants!! Much nicer+cheaper+safer than Mancs!

The average price for a house here is £430k and that’s an increase of almost £20k in one year alone. And when the average house over here is two bedrooms it’s ridiculous :shrug:

Captain.Remy 01-08-2020 02:45 PM

The hate towards Manchester in this thread is heinous lmao :skull:
Go on Smithy! Manchester can be a mess but you will have a good time. Drug dealers are everywhere so you won't struggle for long to become the life of the party.

Smithy 01-08-2020 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caprimint (Post 10889828)
Btw you can even find places that cheap in London too. Which is 1. better location, 2. better/cheaper (mostly) transport, 3. better lifestyle.

All you have to do is look in the right places. It's really not that hard :shrug:

Ok but I don’t want to live in London?

Marsh. 01-08-2020 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caprimint (Post 10889825)
Not really for everything that you get. If you live for one week in Manchester you have seen all it has to offer. :skull:

That's got nothing to do with it. The cost of living is very expensive regardless of what the city offers. You don't "get London" for the cost of your rent, that is just one expenditure.

If he's moving because of the cost of living he's not gonna move somewhere just as or more expensive.

Smithy 01-08-2020 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain.Remy (Post 10889830)
Go on Smithy! Manchester can be a mess but you will have a good time. Drug dealers are everywhere so you won't struggle for long to become the life of the party.

Am always the life of the party anyway hen!

caprimint 01-08-2020 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain.Remy (Post 10889830)

Who said anything about drug dealers? :skull:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10889831)
Ok but I don’t want to live in London?

Ahhh okay. That's a shame, it has so much to offer :(

Even really beautiful/convenient places on the suburbs if you don't like city life etc

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 10889832)
That's got nothing to do with it. The cost of living is very expensive regardless of what the city offers.

If he's moving because of the cost of living he's not gonna move somewhere just as or more expensive.

Nope it's not, as I said in my previous post. It is very debatable as to where you move in London because the variety is so wide.

Great opportunities for pretty much everything in London tbf.

Captain.Remy 01-08-2020 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10889833)
Am always the life of the party anyway hen!

https://media.giphy.com/media/ja8D4Z...UsmL/giphy.gif

Marsh. 01-08-2020 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caprimint (Post 10889835)
Who said anything about drug dealers? :skull:

Ahhh okay. That's a shame, it has so much to offer :(

Even really beautiful/convenient places on the suburbs if you don't like city life etc

Nope it's not, as I said in my previous post. It is very debatable as to where you move in London because the variety is so wide.

Great opportunities for pretty much everything in London tbf.

Hmm, yeah.

We'll talk again when you have started paying rent/bills and see where the conversation goes then. :laugh:

Captain.Remy 01-08-2020 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caprimint (Post 10889835)
Who said anything about drug dealers? :skull

My own experience of living for 6 months in Manchester. But don't do drugs :nono:

AnnieK 01-08-2020 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caprimint (Post 10889799)
Clearly not when it comes to Liverpool!!!!

What?

caprimint 01-08-2020 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 10889837)
Hmm, yeah.

We'll talk again when you have started paying rent/bills and see where the conversation goes then. :laugh:

I've already done that for months :joker:

caprimint 01-08-2020 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain.Remy (Post 10889839)
My own experience of living for 6 months in Manchester. But don't do drugs :nono:

Oh wow, are there a lot of drug dealers in Manchester???

AnnieK 01-08-2020 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10889797)
Have you ever been to Guernsey? It’s nice for a holiday but to live here it’s extortionate, the average price for a one bedroom flat is £800+ a month :skull:

The flats in Salford and it’s gorgeous :flutter:

Anyway I clicked email agent and it’s literally a box with a 200 character limit, you can’t even send a proper email, so I just said I’m interested please could I be provided with more details

Is it on the Quays?

Marsh. 01-08-2020 02:59 PM

Annie to pop round with a cup o'sugar?