ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Joe Biden picks Kamala Harris as his V.P. (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=369184)

Ammi 16-08-2020 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 10896829)

...ouch, that was an awful reply that she gave him....and also, seemed quite childish when Kamala kept emphasising ‘DEBATE’ as she did...eeek, I don’t know much about her but that just made her look very disingenuous and maybe not a great choice...

Glenn. 16-08-2020 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10896336)
...White House adviser, Jenna Ellis, has said that Kamala Harris sounds like Marge Simpson.../...like a cartoon character...

...so it all just got serious with Marge stepping her political foot into the arena...

This is why I love the Simpsons

Swan 16-08-2020 07:58 PM

Just when you think American politics can't get any more ridiculous.

Ammi 17-08-2020 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 10897077)
Just when you think American politics can't get any more ridiculous.

...what, you really thought that...child, have you learned nothing...:laugh:...

parmnion 17-08-2020 12:04 PM

The only thing she brings to the table is nastiness and hypocrisy

bitontheslide 17-08-2020 12:18 PM

Swan 17-08-2020 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10897195)
...what, you really thought that...child, have you learned nothing...:laugh:...

:laugh: I mean im not going to pretend like i know that much about American politics, but i know this VC appointment is a pretty bad choice.

bitontheslide 17-08-2020 01:43 PM

i think Harris is a pretty smart pick for VP. I know nothing of her competence but she is a good communicator and she sits there like a red rag to all of Trumps prejudices :laugh:

Ammi 17-08-2020 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 10897374)
:laugh: I mean im not going to pretend like i know that much about American politics, but i know this VC appointment is a pretty bad choice.

...no I have to say that I’m not huge on American politics either...but I did google Kamala Harris when she was chosen and read a little about her... in the vid though, when she kept repeating..’It WAS a DEBATE’, in such a childish, but mocking and condescending way...?...she didn’t look politically great for the position she’s just been given....it was a perfectly valid question as well...’how does it fit with you previously opposing so strongly and now you’re working with...’...I would have probably asked something like that as well...:laugh:..

bitontheslide 17-08-2020 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10897381)
...no I have to say that I’m not huge on American politics either...but I did google Kamala Harris when she was chosen and read a little about her... in the vid though, when she kept repeating..’It WAS a DEBATE’, in such a childish, but mocking and condescending way...?...she didn’t look politically great for the position she’s just been given....it was a perfectly valid question as well...’how does it fit with you previously opposing so strongly and now you’re working with...’...I would have probably asked something like that as well...:laugh:..

she wasn't wrong though, it was a debate :laugh: ... she could have equally said that she had her fingers crossed or that it was raining outside :laugh:

Ammi 17-08-2020 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10897383)
she wasn't wrong though, it was a debate :laugh: ... she could have equally said that she had her fingers crossed or that it was raining outside :laugh:

....yeah it was a debate, I realise that...but what we look for in our key political people of note...?...is not ‘great debate skills’...mind you, they couldn’t have been that great skills either, because she lost the debate as well...:laugh:...any old way it’s flipped, it was an awful answer and quite condescending and childish, they way she kept emphasising the word...

Swan 17-08-2020 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10897381)

Yes i agree, i had a bit of read, she seems shady as hell. She doesn't come across well in debates, and has (from what i've read) done more harm to the black rights movement in America. Keeping young black men in jail longer than their sentences, or putting over 1000 (mainly black) men in jail for Marajauna smoking offences. She seems like someone more suited to Trump. She might argue his ridiculousness, but most do, that isn't going to help Biden win imo.

The first election i ever took any notice of was Obama/McCain, and McCain VP's choice was intended to achieve a certain vote, which backfired royally. History has a serious chance of repeating itself here!

Ammi 17-08-2020 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 10897386)
Yes i agree, i had a bit of read, she seems shady as hell. She doesn't come across well in debates, and has (from what i've read) done more harm to the black rights movement in America. Keeping young black men in jail longer than their sentences, or putting over 1000 (mainly black) men in jail for Marajauna smoking offences. She seems like someone more suited to Trump. She might argue his ridiculousness, but most do, that isn't going to help Biden win imo.

The first election i ever took any notice of was Obama/McCain, and McCain VP's choice was intended to achieve a certain vote, which backfired royally. History has a serious chance of repeating itself here!

...yeah, who would have thought that Trump would have got back in...after this year especially, I really thought it just wouldn't happen..?..but now...WHAT ON EARTh HAS BIDEN DONE....we’ll see but hmmmmm, that could be a very costly decision...

https://media.giphy.com/media/1818YM5U0CmaI/giphy.gif

bitontheslide 17-08-2020 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10897388)
...yeah, who would have thought that Trump would have got back in...after this year especially, I really thought it just wouldn't happen..?..but now...WHAT ON EARTh HAS BIDEN DONE....we’ll see but hmmmmm, that could be a very costly decision...

https://media.giphy.com/media/1818YM5U0CmaI/giphy.gif

Also, Obama was taped saying .... don't underestimate Biden's ability to **** it all up ... so that doesn't help :laugh:

parmnion 17-08-2020 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 10897386)

Jailing people for smoking weed whilst laughing in an interview about how she used to smoke it.

Tom4784 17-08-2020 02:53 PM

She's not the best but far from the worst, anyone is better than Trump. Get Trump out, have these two steer the ship away from the rocks for the next four years and see how things look then.

The important thing is that Trump cannot remain in power, for all our sakes.

Brother Leon 17-08-2020 03:41 PM

I wonder how many times we will see the clip of Tulsi essentially ending her Candidate hopes in the next few months.

Swan 17-08-2020 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 10897409)
She's not the best but far from the worst, anyone is better than Trump. Get Trump out, have these two steer the ship away from the rocks for the next four years and see how things look then.

The important thing is that Trump cannot remain in power, for all our sakes.

Not that i read much twitter, but i did when looking into her. Seems a lot of Liberals are seriously pissed with her appointment. The general consensus being that a lot will just outright refuse to vote.

You can say 'yeah but anything is better than trump' but not everyone thinks that way, seems like this is a real kick in the teeth to a lot of loyal, once voting Liberals.

If Biden loses now i feel like this would have played a massive part.

The Slim Reaper 17-08-2020 03:57 PM

Touching eulogy to his brother :smug:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EfoTGrdW...jpg&name=small

bitontheslide 17-08-2020 04:24 PM

his brother simply knew how to handle him and massage his ego

Swan 17-08-2020 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 10897451)
Touching eulogy to his brother :smug:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EfoTGrdW...jpg&name=small

Did anyone expect any less?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10897467)
his brother simply knew how to handle him and massage his ego

Yep.

Anyway, what does all that have to do with this thread?