ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Possible mudslides at Harry and Meghan's £11m mansion (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=369266)

arista 16-08-2020 07:41 AM

Possible mudslides at Harry and Meghan's £11m mansion

[Watch out for the mudslides! A friendly warning from
the tycoon who designed Harry and Meghan's
£11m mansion – complete with a
scented wine cellar, non-squeak floorboards... and
even fog sensors as staggering cost of their new life is revealed]

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/08...7525061694.jpg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...m-mansion.html

Now How can this thread get Locked?

Ammi 16-08-2020 07:58 AM

....the media’s mud has been sliding off the lovely couple for a long time...a little bit of Santa Barbara mud isn’t going to phase them at all...that house is not too shabby at all, I hadn’t seen any pics until just now...lovely...:lovedup:..

bitontheslide 16-08-2020 08:38 AM

it will give them a ready supply of mud to sling at the media etc ... so it's all good :laugh:

Cherie 16-08-2020 09:03 AM

Quote from The Duke of Sussex:
“Environmental damage has been treated as a necessary by-product of economic growth. So deeply ingrained is this thinking that it has been considered part of the natural order that humankind’s development comes at the expense of our planet. Only now are we starting to notice and understand the damage that we’ve been causing. With nearly 7.7 billion people inhabiting this Earth, every choice, every footprint, every action makes a difference.”

Beautiful house though :love:

Liam- 16-08-2020 09:11 AM

What a beautiful place to raise a family

Amy Jade 16-08-2020 12:06 PM

I hope all is okay they deserve a bit of peace!

rusticgal 16-08-2020 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10896804)
it will give them a ready supply of mud to sling at the media etc ... so it's all good :laugh:

Great response :laugh:

jet 16-08-2020 01:24 PM

They said they wanted to live a simpler life in the real world, so they buy their apparently forever home, a 16 bathroom mega mansion slap bang in the middle of the super privileged, obscenely rich like Oprah, Katy Perry and Ellen DeGeneres (who was the first A lister to hold baby Archie!)
They have swapped Royalty for Hollywood royalty.

In this pampered world, how much more divorced from reality can you get? They really do walk the talk eh? It was said ‘What Meghan wants, Meghan gets’ and she has got her wish to be among the A listers at last - lets hope she doesn’t start hankering after respect anytime soon. :fan:

arista 16-08-2020 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jet (Post 10896917)
They said they wanted to live a simpler life in the real world, so they buy their apparently forever home, a 16 bathroom mega mansion slap bang in the middle of the super privileged, obscenely rich like Oprah, Katy Perry and Ellen DeGeneres (who was the first A lister to hold baby Archie!)

In this pampered world, how much more divorced from reality can you get? They really do walk the talk eh? It was said ‘What Meghan wants, Meghan gets’ and she has got her wish to be among the A listers at last - lets hope she doesn’t start hankering after respect anytime soon. :fan:

Sure it's our Tax money helping those funds

Glenn. 16-08-2020 05:37 PM

What a beautiful home for them :love:

Marsh. 16-08-2020 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jet (Post 10896917)

When did they say they were going to give away their millions and live like paupers?

Oh... never.

They say they wanted to get away from the toxicity of the British press and everyone invents extra reasons and pretends they know them, when in actual fact they don't.

Cherie 16-08-2020 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 10897024)
When did they say they were going to give away their millions and live like paupers?

Oh... never.

They say they wanted to get away from the toxicity of the British press and everyone invents extra reasons and pretends they know them, when in actual fact they don't.

They tell people they are interested in saving the planet, it's documented on their website :hee:

joeysteele 16-08-2020 07:22 PM

Beautiful looking home, beautiful setting in gorgeous countryside.

Good choice I say.

Did anyone ' seriously ' really expect them to likely live in a flat, single room or even maybe a tent.
I don't think so.

GiRTh 16-08-2020 07:34 PM

The article gives the salaries of their personal assistants. WHy do they think we need to know that? :think:

The comment section is just as expected :bored:

Lovely house, love the tennis court.

Cherie 16-08-2020 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiRTh (Post 10897068)
The article gives the salaries of their personal assistants. WHy do they think we need to know that? :think:

The comment section is just as expected :bored:

Lovely house, love the tennis court.

The mortgage payments made me chuckle as if Charlie hasn’t forked out for that :laugh:

thesheriff443 16-08-2020 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10897070)
The mortgage payments made me chuckle as if Charlie hasn’t forked out for that :laugh:

Harry is worth at least 30 million after being left it by the queen mother without what Diana left him.

Marsh. 16-08-2020 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10897043)
They tell people they are interested in saving the planet, it's documented on their website :hee:

So?

jet 16-08-2020 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 10897064)
They are not world leaders or in a position of power at all, if people hate them that much, the more mature thing would be to just ignore them and not obsess over every detail of their lives. It's not healthy.

I belong to a Royal forum where we discuss royals who have been dead for centuries. What ya think of that then? :idc:

Glenn. 16-08-2020 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jet (Post 10897082)
I belong to a Royal forum where we discuss royals who have been dead for centuries. What ya think of that then? :idc:

Meghan and Harry aren’t royals anymore...

jet 16-08-2020 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10897043)

Exactly....and people letting on Harry has never said he craves a simple, normal life. He's been saying it for years. :laugh:

Marsh: I can't see posts of yours unless they are quoted, so it would be pretty :crazy: to respond to someone who can't see them. :laugh:

Cherie 16-08-2020 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 10897076)
So?

It’s an obvious point, have a long think

joeysteele 16-08-2020 09:10 PM

They said they didn't want to be in the goldfish life constantly of the Royal expectation of life in that set up.

I can't recall them ever saying they weren't going to hold onto other views, or wouldn't be prepared to discuss such views.

They weren't leaving the planet, just the stricter controls and ordered life and duties within the Royal active life.

There was never any way, they still weren't going to be sought after.
By international media particularly.

Marsh. 16-08-2020 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10897100)
It’s an obvious point, have a long think

You haven't made any kind of point that relates to my post and are now avoiding expanding on it instead of admitting you misunderstood what I posted. :joker:

Cherie 16-08-2020 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 10897113)
You haven't made any kind of point that relates to my post and are now avoiding expanding on it instead of admitting you misunderstood what I posted. :joker:

Of course it relates to your point, no they didn’t say they would live like paupers but to quote the Duke himself ..every choice, every action, every footprint makes a difference...he might want to follow his own wise words for a change

Marsh. 16-08-2020 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10897118)
Of course it relates to your point, no they didn’t say they would live like paupers but to quote the Duke himself ..every choice, every action, every footprint makes a difference...he might want to follow his own wise words for a change

So, you expected the millionaire to live in a 2 bed flat?

How naive.

Make whatever point you want about millionaires, it doesn't relate to them leaving the Royal family and the UK which is what my post was about.