ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech, Movies & Video Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Gotham Knights (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=369429)

Tom4784 22-08-2020 07:12 PM

Gotham Knights

It looks basically like Batman's take on the upcoming Avengers game, it's very rough around the edges judging from the gameplay preview but I think it has potential.

parmnion 22-08-2020 07:22 PM

I've always found batman films to dark on my telly

Toy Soldier 22-08-2020 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10900287)

You should call in a repairman.

Marsh. 22-08-2020 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10900287)

Did you plug it in?

LaLaLand 23-08-2020 12:02 AM

I’ll probably get this!

Oliver_W 23-08-2020 07:17 AM

Should be good!! The Court of Owls storyline is one of my favourites from the comics. But it's a shame the best Robin -aka Tim Drake- is being left out!!

I wonder if the storyline is gonna be Nightwing-centered, as one of his ancestors is a Talon. I also wonder if a big reveal will be that Bruce is one of the Talons, and that's where he's really gone...

Shaun 23-08-2020 07:37 AM

the music during the combat gameplay is waaaaaaaay too intrusive and annoying :worry:

Tom4784 23-08-2020 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10900558)
Should be good!! The Court of Owls storyline is one of my favourites from the comics. But it's a shame the best Robin -aka Tim Drake- is being left out!!

I wonder if the storyline is gonna be Nightwing-centered, as one of his ancestors is a Talon. I also wonder if a big reveal will be that Bruce is one of the Talons, and that's where he's really gone...

Tim's the Robin in this game, apparently. I imagine they'll add Damien and other Batfamily members like Batwoman, Orphan and Spoiler somewhere down the line.

It makes sense for the game to be Nightwing focused but then it seems like everyone has their own story so there might not be a central character. I definitely see Bruce being a Talon though and when you beat the main story, you'll unlock Batman to play as.

Oliver_W 23-08-2020 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 10900718)
Tim's the Robin in this game, apparently. I imagine they'll add Damien and other Batfamily members like Batwoman, Orphan and Spoiler somewhere down the line.

Oh right! I've not seen or played the other games in this series, so I don't know what their versions of Tim and Damian look like :laugh: The design looks more like Damian, but that doesn't mean much - while Tim's my favourite character, I like Damian's "look" more, and the other three have designs which are slightly different to the main comics, so I guess there's no reason they couldn't give Tim a version of Damian's uniform.

I love Spoiler, it's annoying how the recent comics (and games?) ignore her past as a Robin and a Batgirl.

Toy Soldier 23-08-2020 04:53 PM

I don't know if this is part of a series? I get the impression it's a standalone project and not related to the Arkham universe. Although Batman did "die" at the end of Arkham Knight, if I remember rightly... but it was made clear that he wasn't actually dead, just took on a sort of "myth" status but was actually still around, just less visible.

I dunno I finished Arkham Knight years ago :laugh:.

Nightwing does look a lot like the Nightwing from that game, but they might just be based off of the same reference material.