ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   RuPaul’s Drag Race (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=740)
-   -   All Stars 6: Rumoured Cast (Potential spoilers, obviously) (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=369649)

Shaun 31-08-2020 06:42 PM

All Stars 6: Rumoured Cast (Potential spoilers, obviously)

I believe filming for AS6 is now underway, and naturally Reddit have gone into hyperdrive scouring queens' social media, their cancellations of appearances and gigs, who's been approaching other girls and designers for looks, who's been shopping for fabrics, etc etc... and this is currently looking like the full lineup for AS6. Below the spoiler is another spoiler of queens who have been pretty much 100% ruled out, and some of them will disappoint you sorry :(

AS6 cast, in order of likelihood

Spoiler:

Sonique (S2) :flutter:
Scarlet Envy (S11)
Jan (S12)
Pandora Boxx (S2/AS1)
Yara Sofia (S3/AS1) :flutter:
Jiggly Caliente (S4)
Trinity K Bonet (S6)
Ginger Minj (S7/AS2) :flutter: the first of a non-AS1 return allstar?
A'Keria C Davenport (S11) :flutter:
Ra'Jah O'Hara (S11) :flutter:

"Unlikely": Serena Cha Cha (S5)

Unless the lipsync format stays the same with just 1 vs. Assassin, we're in some treats if Trinity, Ra'Jah, Sonique and A'Keria are all cast. The presence of Serena under "unlikely" seems to be because she went AWOL on social media, but... compared to the other queens above, would she really make the cut?

Almost confirmed to not be participating as a contestant

Spoiler:

Nina Flowers :(
Shannel :(
Jessica Wild :(
Dida Ritz :(
Jade Jolie
Adore Delano
Darienne Lake :(
Joslyn Fox
Laganja Estranja
Laila McQueen
Peppermint :(
Alexis Michelle
Nina Bo'nina Brown :(
Eureka :(
Kameron Michaels
Asia O'Hara :(
Silky Nutmeg Ganache
Nina West
Shuga Cain
Plastique Tiara
Gigi Goode

Apparently these names above were all contacted by production at some point but either declined, or were dropped, or whatever. Anyone else not on this list wasn't considered, I guess

I won't be posting any other spoilers because I don't want to know who goes home first, who makes the final, etc... not yet anyway :hee: so don't post them in here if they ever surface.

The absence of a real frontrunner like Asia, Eureka, Peppermint or Gigi is really surprising... but it could make it way more interesting. On paper, Ginger is the strongest and most talented but she has a habit of getting bad edits and lukewarm fans... A'Keria is the only other finalist in the cast... but Yara and Pandora had very strong debut seasons. I've no idea where to predict TKB would finish, or Jan for that matter.

Tom4784 31-08-2020 06:56 PM

It's an interesting cast if that's the case, on paper I'd say that A'Keria is definitely the strongest contender but even then it seems like the cast would be quite evenly matched.

Smithy 31-08-2020 07:08 PM

Ginger returning would be interesting, she was done dirty on AS2 but I worry that this could be the start of the show burning out as they’re clearly running out of queen s

Captain.Remy 31-08-2020 07:59 PM

The list of queens not participating is so GOOD!

Out of the rumored cast, A'keria is on paper one of the front-runners. So happy for Sonique, I love her and that outfit she wore for the Christmas special :love:
Pandora Boxx is an interesting choice. She delivered one of my favorite read of all time "Your drag clothes look like a donkey *****ed a piñata and threw up" :skull: :joker: Timeless.

Edit: Another read from Pandora "Tyra Sanchez, if you're America's sweetheart, America needs a heart transplant". :laugh::laugh:

MB. 31-08-2020 10:21 PM

It's... weird to say the least to see some of the queens who had very recently been considered near-locks (Asia, Plastique) ruled out, and for other queens whose names have barely been mentioned (A'keria, Jiggly, Pandora, Ra'Jah) now in. If this is the cast, I don't mind it at all, but I think on paper it faces the same problem as the AS5 cast - it just doesn't feel like an overly cohesive group of queens. That said, I'm happy to be proven wrong when this season airs in three years' time, and I'll be cherishing every Ra'Jah confessional we get in the one episode I see her lasting!

MB. 31-08-2020 10:21 PM

p.s. I can absolutely see Jan being a finalist, along with Ginger, A'keria and *closes eyes, points* Yara

Tom4784 01-09-2020 01:04 PM

I do hope they don't do Ginger dirty this time and I really hope they give the acting challenges with pre-determined roles a boot. No one likes them, and they're just an excuse for the producers to get rid of particular queens.

Saph 01-09-2020 01:18 PM

the Gigi fans to stan Scarlet Envy's bare minimum again this series?

I hope Rajah comes back, honestly the most iconic queen from s11

Shaun 01-09-2020 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MB. (Post 10905479)
It's... weird to say the least to see some of the queens who had very recently been considered near-locks (Asia, Plastique) ruled out, and for other queens whose names have barely been mentioned (A'keria, Jiggly, Pandora, Ra'Jah) now in. If this is the cast, I don't mind it at all, but I think on paper it faces the same problem as the AS5 cast - it just doesn't feel like an overly cohesive group of queens. That said, I'm happy to be proven wrong when this season airs in three years' time, and I'll be cherishing every Ra'Jah confessional we get in the one episode I see her lasting!

Storyline-wise I'd imagine they'll push for a Scarlet vs. Ra'Jah edit, push for any bad blood between the two... one sent the other home, and continually undermined her drag abilities... so there'll most likely be a Scarlet underdog edit. With close-ups of Ra'Jah laughing along with A'Keria, Ginger, Trinity, other pageant girls etc to really hammer it home (this'd be hella irresponsible with the show's fragile reputation for ****ing over black queens, though).

Two of the queens being Davenports will be a bit of a tough situation given the very recent loss... it'd be tacky to exploit their grief but I wouldn't put it past the show. Two of the queens being trans and nowhere near as problematic as Gia will be a breath of fresh air, too.

I don't know, I can see why it'd be described as an odd bunch but I'm more excited that there are so many leftfield picks here that definitely deserve another chance (Trinity, Ra'Jah, Sonique, Jiggly)

Daniel-X 01-09-2020 02:55 PM

I think Jan could do really well this season, she didn’t bomb a single challenge in S12 and was done dirty so many times. Really pleased to see Scarlet and Trinity on the list too but I can’t see either making it past F6 out of that list :(

Ew @ Ginger and Pandora, nobody asked for that luv!

Shaun 01-09-2020 02:56 PM

In this house we stan the many talents of the Minj tyvm! The other one can hop though!

Braden 01-09-2020 02:59 PM

Ru needs to chill with the All-Star seasons.

I can’t take much more!

UserSince2005 01-09-2020 03:04 PM

Jan should have waited, she needs to calm down. Ru is just going to KO the eager bunny again.
Excited for;
Scarlet Envy (S11)
Jiggly Caliente (S4)
Trinity K Bonet (S6)

Samm 01-09-2020 03:04 PM

Devastated at no asia. she was who i was most looking forward to :(

i like the rest though apart from pandora ALSO i demand delta work to be featured on one of these all star seasons, underrated queen

MB. 17-09-2020 11:12 AM

Rumour now has it that the cast is as follows:

Spoiler:

A'keria C. Davenport
Eureka
Ginger Minj
Jan
Jiggly Caliente
Pandora Boxx
Ra'Jah O'Hara
Scarlet Envy
Serena ChaCha
Shannel
Silky Nutmeg Ganache
Sonique
Trinity K. Bonet
Yara Sofia

Yes, 14 queens(!)

Saph 17-09-2020 06:36 PM

Do we really need all of those :skull:

I sense a mess

Smithy 17-09-2020 06:57 PM

Serena Cha Cha on an All Stars.... I-

Black Dagger 17-09-2020 06:58 PM

A ****ing mess.

Shaun 17-09-2020 07:32 PM

12 episodes apparently, so that means 11 eliminations and a top 3 episode? I suppose it could be a final 4 with one of the episodes also being a "returning queen" twist.

I just... I'm kinda looking forward to this if the cast is 100% accurate. There are a lot of big, overbearing personalities but I think Silky, Eureka and Ginger will be wayyyyy too scared to get another villainous edit. Ra'Jah, Scarlet, Shannel, Jiggly and Serena are harder to predict.

You could definitely make a case for a few of them being filler, and would expect them to be early boots (Serena, Jiggly, Ra'Jah, Trinity) but the lack of an obvious winner is the best thing about this cast. Even when AS5 had one, they did a good job of making Shea out to be somewhat lacklustre... but that was most likely due to the format.

I hope the Lipsync Assassin twist is axed. I don't know what I want to take its place, but 1 winner per episode just makes it a little murkier to tell who's doing well and who's just coasting.

Barry. 17-09-2020 07:38 PM

I’m so happy Pandora and Scarlet are in this.

Saph 17-09-2020 07:43 PM

here for Ra'Jah being the villain again

Shaun 17-09-2020 07:44 PM

her entrance look to feature a gas mask because she's gagging over Eureka's smell? :fc:

Headie 17-09-2020 08:30 PM

TKB :love: Perched for some iconic lip syncs

Jigs 17-09-2020 09:45 PM

Bye why is this so iconic

I hope it's true!

Moniqua 17-09-2020 09:52 PM

the drama that cast is bound to have :love: