ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   What do you love about Autumn and all things Autumn etc... (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=369661)

Ammi 01-09-2020 05:49 AM

What do you love about Autumn and all things Autumn etc...

...I know it’s still some weeks away...but it’s the 1st September so the month that gives us Autumn, officially...do you love/do you not love/the bits you love about the season we’re heading for etc...

https://static.boredpanda.com/blog/w...e-geier-62.jpg

caprimint 01-09-2020 06:02 AM

Omg so much :flutter:

Cool/cold weather
Darker mornings/nights
Best clothes (jumpers, coats, jackets, scarves(maybe later))
Leaves/trees looking super pretty
Fires
Bonfire night & Halloween (overall vibe)
The Voice USA (October)

Swan 01-09-2020 06:10 AM

Just feeling that different smell in the air!

My weekend has been non stop work, i reckon 7 hours sleep max in 3 days. I just got home, it's a little chilly, i like that about Autumn too. Sitting in the garden right now
, watching the cats go booloo, a couple beers, and McDonalds Breakfast on the way soon.

Bliss!

(i have 3 days off, imma sleep all damn day today, can't wait lol)

Dogeatdog 01-09-2020 06:12 AM

I like how it feels more crisp and refreshing in the mornings.

Ammi 01-09-2020 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caprimint (Post 10905553)
Omg so much :flutter:

Cool/cold weather
Darker mornings/nights
Best clothes (jumpers, coats, jackets, scarves(maybe later))
Leaves/trees looking super pretty
Fires
Bonfire night & Halloween (overall vibe)
The Voice USA (October)

....ughhhh, I love Autumn styles and fashions and those deep jewelled colours that it often brings...:love:...

Ammi 01-09-2020 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 10905557)
Just feeling that different smell in the air!

My weekend has been non stop work, i reckon 7 hours sleep max in 3 days. I just got home, it's a little chilly, i like that about Autumn too. Sitting in the garden right now
, watching the cats go booloo, a couple beers, and McDonalds Breakfast on the way soon.

Bliss!

(i have 3 days off, imma sleep all damn day today, can't wait lol)

...enjoy your sleep after your busy weekend...:love:..the more our minds and bodies need it, the more they appreciate it, eh...

Ammi 01-09-2020 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogeatdog (Post 10905558)
I like how it feels more crisp and refreshing in the mornings.

....you like potato and I like potahto...you feel crisp and refreshing and I feel a little chill..let’s not call the whole thing off, though...let’s just enjoy Autumn and all its loveliness...:flutter:...

Dogeatdog 01-09-2020 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10905562)
....you like potato and I like potahto...you feel crisp and refreshing and I feel a little chill..let’s not call the whole thing off, though...let’s just enjoy Autumn and all its loveliness...:flutter:...

:laugh:

Swan 01-09-2020 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10905560)
...enjoy your sleep after your busy weekend...:love:..the more our minds and bodies need it, the more they appreciate it, eh...

Absolutely :laugh:

It really does feel like a mixture of Autumn and Summer right, love it :joker:

Cherie 01-09-2020 06:52 AM

I love summer, but Autumn is my favourite time of year :love:

LeatherTrumpet 01-09-2020 07:45 AM

Welcome to Autumn 2020

Today is the first day of autumn

summer is finished

:spin:

Nicky91 01-09-2020 07:47 AM

maybe next week a bit more of a summer day for us here, maybe what weather forecasters here said this morning but they also think summer overall is over for the year again

Morgan. 01-09-2020 08:04 AM

The 22nd is the official start of Autumn

joeysteele 01-09-2020 08:05 AM

Autumn is my favourite season.
Although sadly the seasons seem to be mixed up now.

I used to love Autumn mornings while even at school and since.
The cooler mornings, walking through leaves.
Also the changing of the colours of the leaves too.

Autumn was like holding onto the memories acquired each year from Spring and Summer, so making the most of it before the bleaker time of Winter.

Just for me a really beautiful time of the year.

LeatherTrumpet 01-09-2020 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgan. (Post 10905596)
The 22nd is the official start of Autumn

No it is not. Meteorological Autumn starts today. WHat you are referring to is Astronomical autumn.

To use the astronomical "seasons" you end up with the 20th of December still being autumn and that is nonsense

Meteorological autumn

Meteorological seasons consist of splitting the seasons into four periods made up of three months each. These seasons are split to coincide with our Gregorian calendar, making it easier for meteorological observing and forecasting to compare seasonal and monthly statistics. By the meteorological calendar, the first day of autumn is always 1 September; ending on 30 November.

The seasons are defined as spring (March, April, May), summer (June, July, August), autumn (September, October, November) and winter (December, January, February).

Toy Soldier 01-09-2020 08:23 AM

Oh you know... the sunsets, the colours of the trees, cooler nights (I can't sleep when it's hot), the dying of the light and the unstoppable march into the quiet darkness of winter :flutter:.

I loved the dark months when I was an emo teenager but a few years ago I hit a pretty major existential 1/3-life-crisis and absolutely hated the next few autumns and winters. Felt like desperately trying to slam the breaks whilst trudling towards a screaming abyss and just wasn't comfy at all.

I found it again last winter though... a love of and cosiness in the long nights. Like a big ol' fluffy blanket, mmm, that familiar shiver down the spine of a night that's hovering somewhere between rain and ice.

Also Halloween.

LeatherTrumpet 01-09-2020 08:36 AM

i dont have favourite seasons. each one is good with different things and interesting weather.

We still have polenty snow patches in the Scottish mountains so I am hoping quite a few will last till first proper snowfall

We had snow on the top of Ben Macdui already

here are some snow patches still around

smudgie 01-09-2020 08:43 AM

Absolutely everything.
My favourite season of the year.
Autumn means home to me, after so many years in Africa it was lovely to feel and experience the first Autumn here.
Autumn means cosy, my birth season, and a crisp and fresh lead up to Christmas.🍁🍂🌲

bitontheslide 01-09-2020 09:47 AM

autumn is grim

Toy Soldier 01-09-2020 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10905610)
i dont have favourite seasons. each one is good with different things and interesting weather.

We still have polenty snow patches in the Scottish mountains so I am hoping quite a few will last till first proper snowfall

We had snow on the top of Ben Macdui already

here are some snow patches still around

Me and my wife had a debate about whether a white patch we could see up on the hills when we took a drive up to Fort William was snow. I took the position that it was a large white tent. I was proven to be a FOOL as it was indeed snow. My confusion was that it was something like 25 degrees that day and there was no snow HIGHER UP than the little patch, but I suppose it must have been in a shaded crevace or something. :hmph:

Cherie 01-09-2020 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10905634)
autumn is grim

:oh:

Jessica. 01-09-2020 12:04 PM

Definitely the colder nights, I can wrap up in layers when I go out and I can wear cozy pyjamas in bed and have lots of blankets over me!

Strictly Jake 01-09-2020 12:06 PM

I hate hate hate hot weather so im looking forward to it turning colder. Hopefully we get some better tv coming our way too

Ammi 01-09-2020 04:53 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/EDpVRPFK5bjfq/giphy.gif

LaLaLand 01-09-2020 05:00 PM

The absolute best are the cosy nights in.

Sitting down in front of the TV with the fire on, “big lights” off and just lamps on, maybe a blanket/throw over you, tea/coffee/hot choc in your favourite mug with the wind and rain lashing against the windows outside.

Bliss.