ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chat and Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Would you lie at work to get out of hassle or trouble. (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=369777)

parmnion 04-09-2020 09:32 PM

Would you lie at work to get out of hassle or trouble.

:laugh:

All the bloody time for me...you?

Marsh. 04-09-2020 10:07 PM

I'm normally the one fixing the hassle/trouble someone else has caused.

joeysteele 04-09-2020 10:19 PM

No.
I don't believe that lying can get anyone out of trouble.
Even if successful initially, the truth will come out eventually, which will then probably leave anyone lying, as to their integrity, if they had any, in tatters.
That's my personal belief.

Withano 04-09-2020 10:34 PM

Obvs

parmnion 04-09-2020 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 10907775)

Call centre?

Marsh. 04-09-2020 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10907791)
Call centre?

No, you have me confused with LT.

UserSince2005 04-09-2020 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 10907775)

spillage on aisle 7?

parmnion 04-09-2020 11:41 PM

Well?

Marsh. 04-09-2020 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserSince2005 (Post 10907795)
spillage on aisle 7?

https://uploadir.com/u/ok2c0gjx

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 05-09-2020 12:02 AM

https://uploadir.com/u/ok2c0gjx

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 05-09-2020 12:03 AM

Why was spiral lowkey hot tho

Oliver_W 05-09-2020 12:05 AM

If it was something like retail maybe lol, not my current job though.

Redway 05-09-2020 03:10 AM

Obviously.

Amy Jade 05-09-2020 11:09 AM

Not my current job but when I worked in retail I used to yes. Like if you are going on your break and dying for a wee and you hear 'excuse me' I'd run for the door and say I hadn't heard a few times

Oh and once a really rude woman asked for cigarettes and she was on her phone and I asked if she wanted super kings or normal and she didnt answer so I gave her king size and she kicked off saying I got it wrong and I said I asked her three times when I only asked once.

caprimint 05-09-2020 11:12 AM

Sure

"I didn't see any tip on the table" when I damn well took it for myself

Cherie 05-09-2020 11:37 AM

No not really, there is a paper trail for every action anyway so it would be more or less impossible, apart from saying you didn't get their email I suppose

joeysteele 05-09-2020 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy Jade (Post 10907902)
Not my current job but when I worked in retail I used to yes. Like if you are going on your break and dying for a wee and you hear 'excuse me' I'd run for the door and say I hadn't heard a few times

Oh and once a really rude woman asked for cigarettes and she was on her phone and I asked if she wanted super kings or normal and she didnt answer so I gave her king size and she kicked off saying I got it wrong and I said I asked her three times when I only asked once.

Oh they are just kind of fibs really Amy Jade.
I don't see anything wrong in them at all.
Really you were the wronged one with someone ignorantly using their phone, while expecting all your attention.
I'd have admired your tolerance in that situation.

For me, it is the possible lies that would or could get anyone out of hassle or bother but which left others getting suspicion or into possible hassle for themselves or trouble.
That's the real lies.

LeatherTrumpet 05-09-2020 11:42 AM

Lie?

never

LeatherTrumpet 05-09-2020 11:44 AM

I do sometimes have to navigate a alternative route from the truth in order to avoid heavy seas and arrive safely at my destination.

:spin:

Toy Soldier 06-09-2020 10:11 AM

In my current job no. Well other than little white lies like "my camera isn't working" so that I can sit on zoom meetings having just rolled out of bed minutes earlier.

In my last job? Never to co-workers, but constant... Umm... little "half-truths" to customers all the time :joker:.

"No you can't have the toilet key, the toilets are out of order sorry" is a lie I must have told literally thousands of times.

Oliver_W 06-09-2020 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10908466)
"No you can't have the toilet key, the toilets are out of order sorry" is a lie I must have told literally thousands of times.

My mum works in a bookies, she says if someone looks like they're a druggy or "was gonna leave a hideous shitty mess" she won't give them the key :joker:

Toy Soldier 06-09-2020 10:14 AM

I mean I say "never" to co-workers, obviously plenty of white lies and schmoozing. Like when a company big wig says "it was good seeing you" you sort of have to say "Yes, good seeing you too" and not "lol no it wasn't I get a cold shiver down my spine when you walk in the door you slimy arsehole".

Toy Soldier 06-09-2020 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10908468)
My mum works in a bookies, she says if someone looks like they're a druggy or "was gonna leave a hideous shitty mess" she won't give them the key :joker:

Those are indeed the two main reasons to deny toilet usage. If you think they're going to shoot up (and probably leave needles behind :umm2: ) or if you think they're going to inexplicably get **** all over everything. We had it in the sink... HANDPRINTS up the walls... one time a pair of boxers absolutely caked in it left splatted in the corner...

Sometimes these days, when I'm sat working from home in my cushy 3rd sector Web-based job, but feeling a bit bored and missing the laughs and interaction... I have to remind myself of toilet cisterns full of rusty needles and drunks trying to kick in the windows. That usually nips any nostalgia in the bud.

Oliver_W 06-09-2020 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10908472)
Sometimes these days, when I'm sat working from home in my cushy 3rd sector Web-based job, but feeling a bit bored and missing the laughs and interaction... I have to remind myself of toilet cisterns full of rusty needles and drunks trying to kick in the windows. That usually nips any nostalgia in the bud.

:joker:

Similarly when I'm trying to get behaviour-problems teens to care about cooking or science I miss the days of being openly sarcastic and scathing to customers, or hiding in the fitting rooms to fart around on my phone ... I never got employee of the month :bawling:

parmnion 06-09-2020 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10908466)
In my current job no. Well other than little white lies like "my camera isn't working" so that I can sit on zoom meetings having just rolled out of bed minutes earlier.

In my last job? Never to co-workers, but constant... Umm... little "half-truths" to customers all the time :joker:.

Explain the half truths please, and did you appear in still game?