ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Big Brother 2023 - ITV2 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=741)
-   -   True cases of bullying in BB UK? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=369876)

Amy Jade 09-09-2020 12:48 PM

True cases of bullying in BB UK?

I was watching some highlights videos and I think some 'bullying cases' are just slight clashes of personality, but which cases on the show do you think showed actual bullying?

Shabaz from BB7 I think it was clear he had problems and I don't think he helped himself but I think the housemates around him treated him terribly and purposefully ostracized him.

I think Sam was bullied in BB7, The way Nikki and Grace especially spoke about them was so nasty and they seemed to enjoy when Sam was upset.

Deana was clearly bullied by Conor, Arron, Ashleigh and co in BB13. She was their target from a few days in and Conor threatening to rape Deana is still absolutely disgusting.

Lotan bullied Isabelle in BB18, he tried repeatedly to make her feel isolated and worthless and he belittled her constantly.

Denver 09-09-2020 12:49 PM

Pauline bullied Jale

Daniel. 09-09-2020 12:56 PM

Sam BB6
Shahbaz Bb7
Deana Bb13
Jale bb15

That’s it. Dont think Sam bb7 was bullied in the slightest

Niamh. 09-09-2020 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver (Post 10910174)
Pauline bullied Jale

as did Helen

Tony Montana 09-09-2020 01:43 PM

Lauren BB13 too.

Samm 09-09-2020 02:43 PM

Micheal Barrymore was a nasty prick to Jodie.

Shaun 09-09-2020 02:49 PM

Shahbaz BB7 is perhaps the most blatant example, pure childish behaviour from the likes of Sezer, Richard, Lisa, etc.
Both Sams in 6 and 7 were too, 6 seemed to be hated by absolutely everyone (including the public) and aside from being a bit ditzy and snooty in her Diary Rooms, it was a little confusing as to why she was so hated. I didn't even consider the transphobic overtones (I was going to say undertones but they were almost certainly overt) behind 7 at the time, but I think if we went over it with a fine-toothed comb now Grace and Nikki would be absolutely nowhere near as loved (and indeed shouldn't be :idc: overrated caricatures)

No others spring to mind, I think instances with Deana/Isabelle etc were mostly the case of them standing up to vile people, I don't necessarily agree either were bullied.

Liam- 09-09-2020 03:06 PM

Shahbaz and bb7 Sam are the only two actual examples of bullying imo, that word gets thrown around so often when it’s just people disagreeing and rowing

Epic. 09-09-2020 03:29 PM

I still stand by CBB18 was just a month-long sprawl of a charmless, vapid thug committing psychological torment full of the highest passive-aggression mixed with full-on aggression towards almost everyone he lived with. Technically bullying, but several times actual abuse. Worst person I've ever seen on the show.

Along with this, I'd still agree with the mention of Shahbaz, Isabelle, Jale and Jodie that others have pointed out (I don't think Deana was by a lot of people though, I'd really only consider bullying of her to come from Conor and to a lesser extent Arron, while the rest of the insiders were just rude to her really). I would also point out in BB15 when Helen took a very minor joke as a personal attack and followed Matthew into the garden to get in his face was the most physically uncomfortable I felt watching a scene from the civilian version (in addition to the time she outed Ashleigh as a backstabber in the garden in front of everyone and forced an argument out of her and then afterwards Helen said "I couldn't have been bullying her because I had a whole crowd of people there to speak up if I took it too far" :skull:).

I also think Gerry very much bullied Charley and especially Nicky in BB8 by goading them into arguments in bringing up personal matters all the time at them and generally rising things to an aggressive point with them when there wasn't much need to be, which would often lead to THEM being villainised for how they would react to HIS actions. Another easy bottom 5 housemate choice of mine.

Outside of that, there's many times individuals were mistreated but I couldn't consider it enough to call it bullying. This is including but not limited to, Alexandra DeGale was often cited as one of the biggest bullies to ever be on the show, but really she was just a rude person defensive about everything, who I did dislike but I didn't think she was really as bad as the other people I mentioned.

UserSince2005 09-09-2020 03:43 PM

They bullied poor Noirin, she was just too beautiful to be around such gremlins.

Denver 09-09-2020 03:43 PM

I mean Alexandra did threaten to have someoen shot dead

Epic. 09-09-2020 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver (Post 10910349)
I mean Alexandra did threaten to have someoen shot dead

I apply bullying more to when it's done to the person's face. The definition of the word is to intimidate someone and she never said that to the recipient. It's unacceptable language, but i don't consider that what bullying is

Jigs 09-09-2020 04:16 PM

Mary bullied Saskia

Jake. 09-09-2020 07:53 PM

Jodie (CBB4), Shahbaz (7), both Sam’s (6&7), Shilpa (CBB5), Sunshine (11), Lauren (13), Hazel (14), Jale (15) & Kay (18) are a few that spring to mind for me (although I’m sure there’s plenty more cases in terms of CBB)

Amy Jade 09-09-2020 08:34 PM

I never even thought of CBB but yeah I agree that Jodie and Shilpa were bullied. I'm not sure she was actually bullied on the show but after I think Coleen bullied Kim Woodburn on Loose Women too.

Epic. 09-09-2020 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy Jade (Post 10910506)
I never even thought of CBB but yeah I agree that Jodie and Shilpa were bullied. I'm not sure she was actually bullied on the show but after I think Coleen bullied Kim Woodburn on Loose Women too.

I think it was bullying when Nicola was laughing at Kim nearby while Kim was crying during nominating

Dogeatdog 09-09-2020 11:39 PM

Sam BB6
Shabaz BB7
Sam BB7

These are the ones that instantly spring to my mind.

Nicky91 10-09-2020 07:48 AM

there never has been bullying in BBUK LOL LOL LOL

it is just lame scripted reality, nothing real

Beastie 01-12-2020 11:23 AM

Sam was bullied by big tacky titted Lesley in BB6. Sorry Lesley but Saskia had the better tits ;)

Niamh. 01-12-2020 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beastie (Post 10962624)
Sam was bullied by big tacky titted Lesley in BB6. Sorry Lesley but Saskia had the better tits ;)

Hey Beastie, good to see you :love:

Beastie 01-12-2020 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10962628)
Hey Beastie, good to see you :love:

Hey Niamh 🙌 It's nice to still pop back here now and again 😍

GoldHeart 02-12-2020 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 10910646)
there never has been bullying in BBUK LOL LOL LOL

it is just lame scripted reality, nothing real

Try rewatching bb6 & bb7 Nicky , there was some very uncomfortable childish & very vile and nasty behaviour.

Roberto got food and a toilet brush shoved in his box in a task in BB6 , Science got his food violated . Maxwell was a filthy sleazeball .:yuk: .

And in BB7 Susie was bullied by grace and her mean girls ,just because she nominated Grace& Nikki . Susie was even cooking dinner for everyone, and she even asked grace if the food is OK for her . And Grace and her little gang were mocking Susie behind her back:bored: .

Maxxie. 02-12-2020 01:11 PM

I mean I suppose there's an argument that Katie Hopkins bullied Perez as she deliberately tried to isolate him.

Imo that year had quite a few instances of actual bullying. I'd say Alicia was bullied by Cami-Li (not really Katie she just didn't like her) and Perez bullied Alexander.

Gstar 03-12-2020 12:21 AM

Both of the worst cases of bullying was in BB7.

Worst case of CBB bullying strangely happened in the same house months later

Elliot 03-12-2020 09:57 AM

If bb7 aired today Nikki wouldnt be loved. The way she got away with being outwardly transphobic towards Sam..

Helen bullied quite a few people and the public awarded her by making her the winner of bb15.. then she went on to pull the same sh!t a year later