ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   BGT receives thousands of Ofcom complains for BLM performance (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=369888)

Elliot 09-09-2020 11:32 PM

BGT receives thousands of Ofcom complains for BLM performance
 
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...s-routine.html

Britain isn’t a racist country haha

UserSince2005 09-09-2020 11:42 PM

I’d complain about how sweaty he is. Compounding negative stereotypes about us black people.

Marsh. 09-09-2020 11:44 PM

What the hell is there to complain about? :umm2:

LeatherTrumpet 09-09-2020 11:54 PM

Disgusting to see Marxism celebrated for likes
nihilism

Vile

Liam- 09-09-2020 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 10910529)
What the hell is there to complain about? :umm2:

Black people doing something

Marsh. 09-09-2020 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liam- (Post 10910536)
Black people doing something

:omgno:

arista 10-09-2020 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliot (Post 10910523)
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...s-routine.html

Britain isn’t a racist country haha


Yes its Wrong to back an Extremist Group.

Swan 10-09-2020 12:34 AM

We aren't the US, as much as some would like to think!

Marsh. 10-09-2020 01:01 AM

The US being a worse example does not mean the UK is fine as much as some would like to think!

bitontheslide 10-09-2020 06:26 AM

people watch a show like BGT for entertainment, not to be lectured to

Smithy 10-09-2020 07:55 AM

Britain’s Got Racists

Ammi 10-09-2020 07:58 AM

...so BLM movement and their supporters, ‘do it the wrong way’...is often the thing said...so they do it another way and that’s ‘the wrong way also..’...so maybe another way, would be the thing...and another, and another etc...until there is a right time and place found to support equality...


...Diversity...:lovedup:...supporting equality for all and providing amazing dance art...

Ammi 10-09-2020 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 10910563)
The US being a worse example does not mean the UK is fine as much as some would like to think!

...also, because of the vast size of the USA, in comparison...and its gun laws etc...it can never be used as a benchmark, I feel...it’s more comparing a pea or something to a huge several course meal...

Cherie 10-09-2020 08:05 AM

Powerful performance, not sure it was the right show to perform it due to the adult theme, but I think they would have known that, so the cynic in me feels it was done for publicity for the show

AnnieK 10-09-2020 08:05 AM

So, no-one complained about the kids singing about climate change and saving the planet but a black dance group gets thousands of complaints dancing about equality? Both are causes that some people feel passionate about but only the race cause brings complaints. :shrug:

Kizzy 10-09-2020 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10910601)
people watch a show like BGT for entertainment, not to be lectured to

The choreographer quoted ' My truth, my platform, my art'

NOT 'My lecture'...It's sickening how artists of any kind are expected to rein in any personal self expression for fear of appearing to have an opinion on anything.
And even more sickening that it's suggested that anything remotely thought provoking is unwelcome on a chewing gum fir the brain show like BGT.

Ammi 10-09-2020 08:37 AM

...wasn’t taking a knee in sporting events a ‘wrong time and place’ as well...was there ever a right time of approval to support equality....

Cherie 10-09-2020 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10910636)
...wasn’t taking a knee in sporting events a ‘wrong time and place’ as well...was there ever a right time of approval to support equality....

It’s a bit easier to explain take the knee to a 5 year old than the there is a possibility the police will kill you

Ammi 10-09-2020 08:49 AM

...people watch BGT for different reasons as well, I think...entertainment is obviously a main thing for some but there are also many wow moments ...when performers show their talent in a very powerful way....all art forms have always had that blend of expression through their talent...personally I always prefer for an art/talent to have meaning, rather than ...’we dance because we dance because we are gifted dancers, etc...’...the meaning is what so lifts a performance into its ‘powerful’...


Incredible body painting act stuns the Britain’s Got Talent Judges...


An incredible visual artist used their Britain's Got Talent audition for a powerful message this week.

Simon described the act as "stunning" and said it was "the most original act we've seen this year."

https://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/br...nt-judges.html

bitontheslide 10-09-2020 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 10910625)
The choreographer quoted ' My truth, my platform, my art'

NOT 'My lecture'...It's sickening how artists of any kind are expected to rein in any personal self expression for fear of appearing to have an opinion on anything.
And even more sickening that it's suggested that anything remotely thought provoking is unwelcome on a chewing gum fir the brain show like BGT.

The simple fact is people complained to ofcom, and they did so because they objected to the content. People can politicise things to the extent of the law, but you can't force people either to like it or to watch it. People will make their opinions clear, and in this case, they have

Ammi 10-09-2020 09:17 AM

...I wonder what the percentage of the Ofcom not happy people, with the overall viewing figures...please forgive me/I feel dirty, but I did sneak a peak at the DM comments section...only for a few seconds though because I stopped at the first comment...

‘They are hardly diverse are they when every member is the same colour‘....

..I mean, I would have laughed out loud if it wasn’t so unfunny and dumb as dumb as dumb...

Ammi 10-09-2020 09:19 AM

...if that was in any way representative of an Ofcom complain person.../...then it all makes sense now../... all becomes clear...

bitontheslide 10-09-2020 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10910644)
...if that was in any way representative of an Ofcom complain person.../...then it all makes sense now../... all becomes clear...

people can't be forced into liking something they watch, and while that DM comment is laughable, it's not wrong either. Diversity isn't singular

UserSince2005 10-09-2020 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10910615)
Britain’s Got Racists

duh duh duh, duh duh duh duh duh,
duh duh duh, duh duh duh duh dUH,
DUH, DUH, DUH, DUH,
DUH! DUH!
DUH!

Ammi 10-09-2020 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10910645)
people can't be forced into liking something they watch, and while that DM comment is laughable, it's not wrong either. Diversity isn't singular

...equality isn’t singular, bots...but sadly it all too often appears to be...


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.