ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   BGT receives thousands of Ofcom complains for BLM performance (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=369888)

LeatherTrumpet 14-09-2020 04:22 PM

Ashley Bandwaggon

Braden 14-09-2020 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10913733)
OK so having actually watched the performance now ( :umm2: I know, I know...) I don't actually get what there is to complain about? I think I assumed that it was politically partisan but... it isn't even that... it's mainly observational of the issue and quite hopeful of a better future. Somewhat ironically given the response, perhaps.

I liked the performance, I didn't find it earth-shattering or revelationary but because of that... it really isn't controversial. It doesn't play into political tribalism in any particular way. So yes... the complaints really are petty and I can't think of any reason for them other than people having an automatic "ew lefty stuff yeuch" reaction.

I agree with this.

I’ve only just watched the performance as I don’t watch BGT, but I don’t understand why people are complaining?

bitontheslide 14-09-2020 04:58 PM

BLM is a political organisation that has over reached it's scope. People are bound to complain if it's thrust upon them in what is supposed to be an entertainment programme.

Kazanne 14-09-2020 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10913800)
BLM is a political organisation that has over reached it's scope. People are bound to complain if it's thrust upon them in what is supposed to be an entertainment programme.

This ,exactly, I don't know why race is brought into it all the time ,people watch with their kids and maybe don't want to see depictions of violence on a entertainment show , after all we have all seen the real thing on the news.

Denver 14-09-2020 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10913800)

So innocent black people dying is a political statement? It has nothing to do with Politics

Liam- 14-09-2020 05:36 PM

I hope all those people who don’t want their kids to be exposed to ‘depictions of violence’ on entertainment shows don’t let them watch things like Power Rangers, Tom and Jerry, or any films with The Rock in, soaps, anime, I could go on

Kazanne 14-09-2020 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liam- (Post 10913831)
I hope all those people who don’t want their kids to be exposed to ‘depictions of violence’ on entertainment shows don’t let them watch things like Power Rangers, Tom and Jerry, or any films with The Rock in, soaps, anime, I could go on

Oh you do,there is a difference in serious news and cartoons most kids know the difference, we see enough sad news and sad stories on the news etc,so imo we dont really need it on an entertainment show,

Liam- 14-09-2020 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 10913836)
Oh you do,there is a difference in serious news and cartoons most kids know the difference, we see enough sad news and sad stories on the news etc,so imo we dont really need it on an entertainment show,

Well that’s not very nice now is it

It might not be ‘needed’ is anything really needed? But there’s zero need whatsoever to complain about it, you seem to have a problem with it, but did you have a problem with the little majority white kids singing about the environment?

Denver 14-09-2020 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 10913836)

So basically what your saying is we don't need black equality on an entertainment show?

Kazanne 14-09-2020 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liam- (Post 10913843)
Well that’s not very nice now is it

It might not be ‘needed’ is anything really needed? But there’s zero need whatsoever to complain about it, you seem to have a problem with it, but did you have a problem with the little majority white kids singing about the environment?

I dont really look for colour Liam just content , I haven't watched it much this season to be honest, I have not complained I have better things to do,but I do think this is all getting way out of hand and is not doing the BLM cause any good.Those kids singing about the enviroment ? hand on heart i have no idea the colour variation in that choir.

Kazanne 14-09-2020 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver (Post 10913853)
So basically what your saying is we don't need black equality on an entertainment show?

No one said that, no one has said they couldn't dance ? its the content people complained about not the dance or colour.

Denver 14-09-2020 06:01 PM

Is Dance not about emotions? But your saying they can't feel emotions about people of their race dying when they shouldn't so if they can't put emotion into a dance what is the point?

Liam- 14-09-2020 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 10913861)
I dont really look for colour Liam just content , I haven't watched it much this season to be honest, I have not complained I have better things to do,but I do think this is all getting way out of hand and is not doing the BLM cause any good.Those kids singing about the enviroment ? hand on heart i have no idea the colour variation in that choir.

Okay then, so if you’re against this political message on an entertainment show, would you be equally against kids singing about the urgency of saving the planet on an entertainment show?

Kazanne 14-09-2020 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver (Post 10913866)
Is Dance not about emotions? But your saying they can't feel emotions about people of their race dying when they shouldn't so if they can't put emotion into a dance what is the point?

No one said that either, you don't see the point ,some people felt it was not needed on BGT, I didnt see it, and didnt complain,but if some people didnt like it they are entitalled to complain as they would if it was the other way round.

Kazanne 14-09-2020 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liam- (Post 10913867)
Okay then, so if you’re against this political message on an entertainment show, would you be equally against kids singing about the urgency of saving the planet on an entertainment show?

Im not against it,I am just explaining why I think some people took offence to it and found it inappropiate for BGT.

Kizzy 14-09-2020 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10913733)
OK so having actually watched the performance now ( :umm2: I know, I know...) I don't actually get what there is to complain about? I think I assumed that it was politically partisan but... it isn't even that... it's mainly observational of the issue and quite hopeful of a better future. Somewhat ironically given the response, perhaps.

I liked the performance, I didn't find it earth-shattering or revelationary but because of that... it really isn't controversial. It doesn't play into political tribalism in any particular way. So yes... the complaints really are petty and I can't think of any reason for them other than people having an automatic "ew lefty stuff yeuch" reaction.

That's a u turn Boris would be proud of :laugh:

Tom4784 14-09-2020 09:21 PM

People should consider themselves lucky that they can look on such issues as outsiders, having never experienced such brutality and racism, than complain about other people discussing it through whichever mediums they choose, be it dance, or otherwise.

Not everyone can afford to complain about 'too much politics in entertainment' to many people, this is an issue of life and death and the more exposure it gets, the more racism and inequality is highlighted.

LeatherTrumpet 14-09-2020 09:25 PM

It's got jack all to do witlh the UK

I mean really, the GBP are not fooled

Kizzy 14-09-2020 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 10913876)
Im not against it,I am just explaining why I think some people took offence to it and found it inappropiate for BGT.

Why? because you didn't want to watch it... Switch off then.

I've yet to hear a credible reason for the backlash,other than its an entertainment show...that is not a reason to make a formal complaint to ofcom.

It was entertaining, relevant and thought provoking A triple threat.

Tom4784 14-09-2020 09:49 PM

If you find it a hassle to watch an interpretive dance about police brutality towards black people, you should thank god it's not an issue that affects you personally.

Marsh. 14-09-2020 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 10913807)
This ,exactly, I don't know why race is brought into it all the time ,people watch with their kids and maybe don't want to see depictions of violence on a entertainment show , after all we have all seen the real thing on the news.

You.... don't..... know.... why...... race.... is..... brought..... into it? Really Kazanne?

parmnion 14-09-2020 10:03 PM

What do we get for balance next week...diversity creeping up in thier fast moving style unloading clips into ant and dec dressed as 2 policemen?

Toy Soldier 14-09-2020 10:20 PM

The thing is, it's not even very heavily political, its an interpretive dance about the things a lot of people are feeling about these situations... it's not a rallying call or a polarised political statement :shrug:.

Its been complained about like it was propaganda and I made the mistake of assuming that it must have a message with a hefty political leaning - which I still don't think would be appropriate for ITV prime time telly - but it just doesn't.

Liam- 15-09-2020 05:26 PM

ITV said **** the racists

LeatherTrumpet 15-09-2020 05:30 PM

spineless

ITV who broadcast the shambles and continues to broadcast BGT even though its 5 years past its sell by date

issue a tweet to say we are not admitting we did owt wrong incase we get in trouble

lol

aye right

(also it took them how long to issue this?)