ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Co-op customer smashes wine bottles after being told to follow one-way system... (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=370230)

Ammi 22-09-2020 02:11 PM

Co-op customer smashes wine bottles after being told to follow one-way system...

...a video is in the link also...

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/co-op-cust...111741289.html

This is the shocking moment a Co-op customer smashes wine bottles and aisles after being told to observe social distancing measures in a store.

Footage shows the woman flying into a rampage after staff at the shop in Lingfield, Surrey, asked her to follow the one-way system intended to stop customers coming into close contact with one another.

A store worker said the woman then rushed to the alcohol aisle and tore several bottles off the shelves after screaming at several Co-op workers.

Describing the incident, the staff member told Metro: “She got very angry and started shouting at me and my colleague who were serving customers from behind the protective till screen.

op)
“She stormed up to the till screen and just flipped out, punching and kicking it before rushing over to the alcohol aisle where she started grabbing bottles of wine, sending them smashing them to the ground.”

The staff member said it was not the first time she had experienced violence while working in the shop.

“Just last year I was actually punched in the face by a female customer because I had refused to serve her alcohol as she was clearly intoxicated,” she added, “I’m still recovering from the mental strain that this has caused me.

It comes as CEOs from 23 major British retailers and the sector’s leading industry bodies joined forces in writing to the prime minister to ask him to provide effective legal protection for shop workers in the face of increasing levels of abuse and violence.

This week, Alex Norris MP is due to get a second reading of his private members bill entitled “Assaults on Retail Workers”.

Read more: Coronavirus: UK supermarkets hire 136,000 staff during pandemic
The bill, which the Co-op has been supporting for the last two years, calls upon the government to create a new offence which would carry higher penalties for those that abuse or attack shop workers.

In the letter, the conglomerate of retail bosses, who collectively employ over 1.25 million shop workers, state: “In partnership with our colleagues on the front-line, with USDAW and with a cross-party coalition of MPs, we support Alex Norris’ Private Members Bill to provide that greater protection for our colleagues.

“This united response from business leaders, trade unions and frontline workers should demonstrate the need for these additional protections.

“We believe there is a clear and broad-based consensus behind this Bill, and we ask that the Government acts now to support this important Bill and find time for it to pass through Parliament.”

Among the other signatories are the bosses of Aldi, Homebase, Lidl and Morrisons.

Tony Montana 22-09-2020 02:18 PM

****ing idiot! Hope she's caught.

Niamh. 22-09-2020 02:19 PM

ffs what is wrong with some people

Ammi 22-09-2020 02:22 PM

...red wine as well, Niamh....not even white.../...what is wrong with some people...

Shaun 22-09-2020 02:25 PM

that much aggression will only result in prison, so why wait? throw her away. ****ing ****.

Dogeatdog 22-09-2020 02:26 PM

I swear people are losing the plot over some dumb **** lately.

arista 22-09-2020 02:28 PM

This happens alot if a Customer goes Crazy
they grab Wine Bottles.

I have seen a Tramp to do it
after security asked him to leave.
Pre Covid, he cost them thousands of pounds
in damaged stock.

arista 22-09-2020 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10918935)
...red wine as well, Niamh....not even white.../...what is wrong with some people...

New Rules is upsetting them.

Oliver_W 22-09-2020 02:31 PM

is it me or does someone need to switch to rosé?

bitontheslide 22-09-2020 02:40 PM

we keep saying that the mental impact of covid on people is going to be widespread ... well, i think this is an example of it

The Slim Reaper 22-09-2020 02:42 PM

At least she didn't overreact.

The Slim Reaper 22-09-2020 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 10918939)
This happens alot if a Customer goes Crazy
they grab Wine Bottles.

I have seen a Tramp to do it
after security asked him to leave.
Pre Covid, he cost them thousands of pounds
in damaged stock.

Watch out for them junkies, as a wise man used to say.

Cherie 22-09-2020 02:46 PM

me when I see someone heading towards me going against the arrows in the shopping centre :fist:

Cherie 22-09-2020 02:47 PM

oh I thought it was just one or two bottles, she really went for it :omgno:

arista 22-09-2020 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10918955)
oh I thought it was just one or two bottles, she really went for it :omgno:

Yes she went Wild.
Lock her up.

The Slim Reaper 22-09-2020 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 10918956)
Yes she went Wild.
Lock her up.

Is her name Hilary?

joeysteele 22-09-2020 02:51 PM

Now that's crazy.
Absolutely ridiculous.

AnnieK 22-09-2020 02:51 PM

Shameful waste of wine

LeatherTrumpet 22-09-2020 03:18 PM

At least the wine boxes survived

https://media2.giphy.com/media/UTMSR...yQYn/giphy.gif

UserSince2005 22-09-2020 03:21 PM

Appalling behavior, I hope every penny of damage is taken out of her dole money.

Toy Soldier 22-09-2020 03:24 PM

To be fair, the one way system in most co-op convenience stores I've been in is a ****ing maze. Sometimes you have to do three laps of the shop to buy 5 basic items, and the logic behind that is just completely upside down and backwards... People spending far longer in the shop that needed, and travelling up and down aisles multiple times, putting their Covid everywhere. I've never been convinced about the effectiveness of one way systems for that reason, and I'm glad big supermarkets have mostly scrapped them. For a "big" weekly shop it was just ridiculous - a shop that would normally take me 20 minutes was taking over an hour. How is that not MORE of a Covid risk?

Swan 22-09-2020 03:25 PM

Imagine how she'd react if you forgot to put the milk back in the fridge.

The Slim Reaper 22-09-2020 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 10918984)

Only a cereal killer would do such a thing :smug:

Dogeatdog 22-09-2020 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 10918984)

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AnotherCoo...restricted.gif

Swan 22-09-2020 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 10918994)
Only a cereal killer would do such a thing :smug:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/bds0fpl9KH4/hqdefault.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogeatdog (Post 10918997)

:joker: