ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Re: Social Lockdown. What will you do at Christmas (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=370254)

LeatherTrumpet 23-09-2020 09:36 AM

Re: Social Lockdown. What will you do at Christmas

We will be 7 at Christmas so that will be ok. How about you?

Josy 04-10-2020 07:11 AM

I'll follow any rules we have been given but hoping to be able to visit and spend time with relatives thats what Christmas is all about for us

LaLaLand 04-10-2020 07:21 AM

Usual 5 of us at home, hopefully we get to at least pop and see my Great Aunt (care home) by then, even if through a window or from afar for a short time. :fc:

Babayaro. 04-10-2020 07:25 AM

I've worked the last two Christmases, so I'm hoping to have it off this year considering NYE won't be much of an event :(

If I have to stay at home then it will be three of us (best pal & big brother) but hopefully we can visit family and have dinner with them, etc :fc:

Cherie 04-10-2020 08:10 AM

Normal for Christmas day itself, as for the rest..visiting, having friends over, going to markets, having our annual girls weekend away, I doubt any of that will happen but if its just for one year i can cope with that :sad:

AnnieK 04-10-2020 08:13 AM

No idea yet. But if I can't go visit family and friends on the day my son will love it. He always says he wants.to have the whole day in his pjs enjoying his new stuff so it won't be the end of the world if its just us. I can watch all the tv stuff and he will do his own thing I guess.

Cherie 04-10-2020 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieK (Post 10927946)
No idea yet. But if I can't go visit family and friends on the day my son will love it. He always says he wants.to have the whole day in his pjs enjoying his new stuff so it won't be the end of the world if its just us. I can watch all the tv stuff and he will do his own thing I guess.

Every cloud!

Oliver_W 04-10-2020 08:46 AM

Exactly the same as every other Christmas - round the grandparents' with parents, aunt and uncle, cousins, and maybe great-gran :)

If they get charged a grand for breaking the rule of six, then whatever, that's nothing when divided by all us adults who'll be there :)

Cherie 04-10-2020 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10927953)
Exactly the same as every other Christmas - round the grandparents' with parents, aunt and uncle, cousins, and maybe great-gran :)

If they get charged a grand for breaking the rule of six, then whatever, that's nothing when divided by all us adults who'll be there :)

How many is that Oliver?

arista 04-10-2020 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 10927916)
I'll follow any rules we have been given but hoping to be able to visit and spend time with relatives thats what Christmas is all about for us

If only all would do that.

Cherie 04-10-2020 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 10927956)
If only all would do that.

Yes if only

Oliver_W 04-10-2020 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10927955)
How many is that Oliver?

Me, Mum, Dad, Aunt, Uncle, Nan, Gramps, and maybe Granny :)

Cal. 04-10-2020 09:11 AM

Just me, mum, dad & sister as always. Mum might be working tho!

Nicky91 04-10-2020 09:14 AM

we never have too many people over at christmas anyway

so probably same as normal :laugh:

bitontheslide 04-10-2020 09:15 AM

i think the trump judge event has shown just how important it is to respect the rules that are in place at a given point. I already postponed my usual christmas travel to a point where we can all celebrate properly, which in the general scheme of things isn't that far off.

Cherie 04-10-2020 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10927959)
Me, Mum, Dad, Aunt, Uncle, Nan, Gramps, and maybe Granny :)

Thats fine then as I guess you are in a bubble :shrug:

Oliver_W 04-10-2020 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10927968)
Thats fine then as I guess you are in a bubble :shrug:

We are, but we all know what bitchy curtain-twitching neighbours are like :laugh:

I suggested everyone come to mine, as it still technically belongs to my grandparents anyway and it harder to see how many are in, but no, Her Majesty wants her massive kitchen :hehe:

bitontheslide 04-10-2020 09:43 AM

i have to say that i am not a fan of the authoritarian actions of the government at the current time, but i will respect the rules as long as I think its for the greater good of my fellow man and for the moment, it is.

Liam- 04-10-2020 09:57 AM

Same as we’ve done for the past few years, at home just the three of us, we normally have my sisters over on Christmas Eve to give out presents, if that has the be missed then so be it

DouglasS 04-10-2020 10:24 AM

Normally I spend it with my granddad, but probably not a good idea as he’s 97. So I guess it will be different this year

Mitchell 04-10-2020 10:28 AM

I’ll stick to the rules, don’t want to give my loved ones a virus for Christmas

Ammi 04-10-2020 10:34 AM

...what I don’t understand is...with Jeremy Corbyn, for instance..?...the rule of six obviously became the rule of eight for him...and obviously no fines were applied I don’t think because the rule of eight weren’t caught in the act of etc which they have to be...but those pics of that ‘flouncing’ as it were...so someone there took them and then publicly posted them to say hahaha, look at us, I mean they drew attention to it when no one would have known..?...I don’t understand, were people taking pics outside his window while they were eating or something...?...

DouglasS 04-10-2020 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10928070)
...what I don’t understand is...with Jeremy Corbyn, for instance..?...the rule of six obviously became the rule of eight for him...and obviously no fines were applied I don’t think because the rule of eight weren’t caught in the act of etc which they have to be...but those pics of that ‘flouncing’ as it were...so someone there took them and then publicly posted them to say hahaha, look at us, I mean they drew attention to it when no one would have known..?...I don’t understand, were people taking pics outside his window while they were eating or something...?...

Also no one cares because he’s from the Labour Party, if it was a conservative PM I’d have heard about it tonnes on here :laugh:

Cherie 04-10-2020 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10928070)

It looked to me like a dinner party guest, who probably sold the picture to the press

Cherie 04-10-2020 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasS (Post 10928071)
Also no one cares because he’s from the Labour Party, if it was a conservative PM I’d have heard about it tonnes on here :laugh:

Same with the Scottish MP...nada :laugh: