ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Whats the scam (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=370296)

Cherie 24-09-2020 03:39 PM

Whats the scam

So my son has had a sky card and talk talk router delivered to his address both in the name of Sanjay Patel..he opened the sky card by accident as he didn’t notice the name hence he knows its a sky card, one item could be an error ...two is suspect...whats the scam? :suspect:

Mitchell 24-09-2020 03:39 PM

Your son has changed his name to Sanjay Patel?

The Slim Reaper 24-09-2020 03:42 PM

Cherie went full Angelina and Madonna by adopting an Indian child.

LeatherTrumpet 24-09-2020 03:43 PM

watch in case someone comes round for it saying that it came to you by error as it could be someone trying to pretend they live at that address to get finance or some such thing

bitontheslide 24-09-2020 03:44 PM

it may be some attempt at identity fraud. Send the items back and say you didnt order them

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10920511)
watch in case someone comes round for it saying that it came to you by error as it could be someone trying to pretend they live at that address to get finance or some such thing

yep, once the items are successfully delivered and picked up, they then charge you for nebulous items having proof of address

Cherie 24-09-2020 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10920511)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10920512)
it may be some attempt at identity fraud. Send the items back and say you didnt order them

yep, once the items are successfully delivered and picked up, they then charge you for nebulous items having proof of address

Yeah was thinking along those lines thanks x

Denver 24-09-2020 03:53 PM

has he had any new neighbours? Could have been sent to the wrong address by accident

The Slim Reaper 24-09-2020 03:55 PM

There used to be a sky card scam, but it relied on an engineer being in on it too. We got all the channels when I moved into a shared uni house, and we only paid for the basic package. Think we paid the engineer £50 to hook it up (if I remember rightly).

Cherie 24-09-2020 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver (Post 10920523)
has he had any new neighbours? Could have been sent to the wrong address by accident

Not that he knows of there are only 6 flats in the block, I can see one package going astray but two?

Cherie 24-09-2020 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 10920524)
There used to be a sky card scam, but it relied on an engineer being in on it too. We got all the channels when I moved into a shared uni house, and we only paid for the basic package. Think we paid the engineer £50 to hook it up (if I remember rightly).

he is trying to get through the sky and I am trying talk talk its like wading through treacle, cant even find an email :fist: