ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   TV Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   American Murder: The Family Next Door/Netflix... (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=370519)

Ammi 02-10-2020 02:17 PM

American Murder: The Family Next Door/Netflix...

...I don’t know if anyone has seen this or knows the story...I would totally recommend it...but it is one of the most disturbing real life stories and will break your heart...the ‘lives’ leading up to, though...how it’s recounted and played out on social media is fascinating...

Niamh. 02-10-2020 02:20 PM

Is this a film or a series Ammi?

Ammi 02-10-2020 02:30 PM

...it’s a one episode documentary, so a short watch...I thought it was a series at first because it was in that Netflix section ...but when I googled how many episodes there were...(...to see if I would binge watch it today...)...I saw there was only one...:laugh:...it couldn’t not upset you, Niamh...but it’s also such a mesmerising watch that you can’t put down...

Niamh. 02-10-2020 02:31 PM

Oh excellent, sometimes I like the shorter ones anyway. I'll definitely give this a look over the weekend

Ammi 02-10-2020 02:42 PM

...let me know what your thoughts are..?...I hope that Smithy and LukeB watch it as well as I know this will be their thing...it’s a story that I hadn’t known about but feel that I somehow should have...

Niamh. 02-10-2020 02:44 PM

Will do :love:

DouglasS 02-10-2020 03:36 PM

I watched it two days ago! Also followed the case when it happened.

Spoiler:

He’s gross and I hate how Unremorseful he is about killing his two toddlers and pregnant wife

DouglasS 02-10-2020 03:37 PM

Spoiler:

It’s good she had that best friend that called the police and was relentless about getting into the property, otherwise he would have had time to remove evidence and come up with a story / alibi

Ammi 02-10-2020 03:39 PM

...could you use spoilers please, DouglasS...

DouglasS 02-10-2020 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10926420)
...could you use spoilers please, DouglasS...

I have done. Although the documentary is called the American murder about the murder of shanaan watts, and the trailer literally begins with what I stated. Also it is a real life case/murder documentary - not really a ‘spoiler’

Ammi 02-10-2020 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasS (Post 10926433)
I have done. Although the documentary is called the American murder about the murder of shanaan watts, and the trailer literally begins with what I stated. Also it is a real life case/murder documentary - not really a ‘spoiler’

...of course, I understand ...it’s a bit like ‘unsolved murder’ type titles and similar ...so we do know but we don’t know details etc and the interest ...(...for those who don’t know a true story...)..comes from learning those details and seeing them unfold, you know...thank you for spoilering DouglasS ...

LukeB 02-10-2020 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10926355)
...let me know what your thoughts are..?...I hope that Smithy and LukeB watch it as well as I know this will be their thing...it’s a story that I hadn’t known about but feel that I somehow should have...

I do plan to watch this over the weekend :laugh: was browsing for crime documentaries to save for the weekend. Quite looking forward to watching it and Unsolved Mysteries volume 2 which will be on netflix on the 19th october.

Ammi 03-10-2020 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeB (Post 10926457)
I do plan to watch this over the weekend :laugh: was browsing for crime documentaries to save for the weekend. Quite looking forward to watching it and Unsolved Mysteries volume 2 which will be on netflix on the 19th october.

....oh I’ll watch out for unsolved 2...I accidentally came across this/...I wasn’t looking for a real life story/documentary ...it’s one of the most heartbreaking of stories but for that reason, it’s a watch that is deserved also, Luke...

AnnieK 03-10-2020 07:39 AM

Will give this a watch this weekend. Thanks for the recommendation.

Just watched the trailer. I remember the case now..

Ammi 04-10-2020 06:02 AM

...I couldn’t recall the case, Annie...I’m looking forward to hearing your thoughts when you refresh...:love:...

Morgan. 04-10-2020 07:44 AM

I followed the case at the time, but I just watched this and I thought it was amazing. Really well put together, I love how the story was told through ‘found footage’ etc, it really added that extra layer of emotion to it.

AnnieK 04-10-2020 07:48 AM

I watched it last night.

Spoiler:

Those poor girls :lad: what drives a person to do that? Just goes to show the life people post on social media can be a million miles away from what is really going on. The lowlives who trolled Shanann's family during the court case were horrific too.

Enjoyed it not a word I would use for this but it was well filmed and told the story well.

Ammi 04-10-2020 08:30 AM

Spoiler:

...I felt completely stunned/frozen with it...it’s just the most incomprehensible of cases...when he asked Shanann what time her flight was due...?..I thought that he’d already killed Celeste and Bella and he was obviously going to kill her when she got home...?..but he hadn’t killed them, he’d waited to kill Shanann first and then he didn’t kill Bella and Celeste in their sleep, so they would know nothing of their precious father harming them...they wouldn’t have had to ‘live through it’...they were fully aware and had their mom’s lifeless body right there next to them in the car for that 45 minute or so drive out to the tanks...they asked if their mom was ok...:sad:...and then when he killed them, he killed them while they were fully awake and looking right into their faces so that they knew that the person harming them was their own father...it’s so utterly heartbreaking to even try to imagine...

...in the interview when he admitted to killing Shanann but had said that she had killed the girls and that was the reason...it was so contrived in terms of still feeling his father’s love and comfort because his father and mother didn’t have great love or a relationship with Shannon but they did for the girls...how would his parents have felt at the moment that the truth was revealed to them...would they still have felt love and comfort for their son and knowing that their son had taken the lives of their much loved grandchildren...

...when they first were in the house at the beginning and the guy said that he felt it suspicious and knew something wasn’t right because of how much Chris was talking and he rarely said anything...how astute and how correct, he’d make a great detective...

Smithy 04-10-2020 10:16 AM

I just watched it, awful awful story, but in terms of as a documentary I didn’t find it that gripping?

Idk, I didn’t really like it because it just seemed like an open and shut case to me?

Ammi 04-10-2020 10:38 AM

...yeah, maybe more of a Don't ****** With Cats/type thing...with it being so well known to many people..(...although I hadn’t personally been aware...)...but actually seeing it unfold on social media as it were...

DouglasS 04-10-2020 10:43 AM

One thing the documentary doesn’t show is how vile chris watts mother is.

I mean it briefly mentions her giving the kids food they’re allergic to, but it doesn’t mention that this is like the third time she’d done it, and also the fact she herself blamed the murder on shanan. And kept saying her son was innocent and had no remorse for her two grandchildren and unborn child.

I can see why Chris turned out the way he did by having that beast as a mother

Braden 04-10-2020 12:02 PM

I watched this last night and just felt grossed out by it all. I usually invest in these types of documentaries because they’re gripping stories, but Netflix constantly produce them so it just felt like another grim story the company will profit from.

Ammi 04-10-2020 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasS (Post 10928082)
One thing the documentary doesn’t show is how vile chris watts mother is.

I mean it briefly mentions her giving the kids food they’re allergic to, but it doesn’t mention that this is like the third time she’d done it, and also the fact she herself blamed the murder on shanan. And kept saying her son was innocent and had no remorse for her two grandchildren and unborn child.

I can see why Chris turned out the way he did by having that beast as a mother

Spoiler:

...I did get the feeling that Chris’ mom just thought the allergies were some kind of ‘fad’ ...that Shanann was just being fussy and silly...

Ammi 04-10-2020 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braden (Post 10928193)
I watched this last night and just felt grossed out by it all. I usually invest in these types of documentaries because they’re gripping stories, but Netflix constantly produce them so it just felt like another grim story the company will profit from.

....hmmm, I guess that I get that as well, Braden...but I felt it to be a tribute to Shanann and the girls as well in highlighting everything that happened in such a way...I hadn’t heard the story before and they so deserve for their story to be heard and people to know, I feel...they so deserve that...

rusticgal 04-10-2020 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieK (Post 10927936)
I watched it last night.

Spoiler:

Those poor girls :lad: what drives a person to do that? Just goes to show the life people post on social media can be a million miles away from what is really going on. The lowlives who trolled Shanann's family during the court case were horrific too.

Enjoyed it not a word I would use for this but it was well filmed and told the story well.

We did too...and I totally agree.