ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   TV Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Monster: The Jeffery Dahmer Story (Netflix) (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=370721)

Smithy 06-10-2020 01:07 PM

Monster: The Jeffery Dahmer Story (Netflix)

Quote:

After mining the depths of American Crime Stories and American Horror Stories to wildly successful results, prolific TV producer Ryan Murphy will combine these two impulses. Per Deadline, Murphy is bringing the story of serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer to Netflix in the form of a limited series called Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story. And he’s bringing quite the creative team with him.

Thus far, only one actor has been slated for the series: Richard Jenkins (The Shape of Water), who will play Dahmer’s father Lionel, a chemist who shared techniques of preserving animal bones with his young child; techniques that Dahmer would use on his victims later. The production is casting a nationwide search to find the performer to play the leading role of Jeffrey Dahmer, and is also searching for the role of Glenda Cleveland, Dahmer’s neighbor who kept telling the police about his strange behaviors, to no avail. This level of justice system failure, especially as it relates to Dahmer’s white male privilege, will be a topic of psychological dissection for the series.
Sir please calm down

Marsh. 06-10-2020 03:12 PM

No doubt to be played by some crappy actor who is only cast for his looks and his eagerness to take his clothes off.

Ryan Murphy is obsessed with sexualising serial killers.

MB. 06-10-2020 03:15 PM

defund Ryan Murphy

Josy 06-10-2020 08:07 PM

There was one not long ago was it my friend Dahmer or similar

I do love a good serial killer documentary tbf so I'll watch it regardless

Smithy 06-10-2020 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 10930018)
There was one not long ago was it my friend Dahmer or similar

I do love a good serial killer documentary tbf so I'll watch it regardless

It’s not a documentary, it’s a drama

Josy 06-10-2020 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10930029)
It’s not a documentary, it’s a drama

Ahh really :/

Maxxie. 07-10-2020 01:20 PM

Sounds good if its anything similar to Versace. Dahmer was a gay serial killer as well so Murphy's got his expertise.

Smithy 24-03-2021 09:27 AM

LeatherTrumpet 24-03-2021 09:39 AM

A drama?

I expect that they had to flesh out the storyline somewhat

UserSince2005 24-03-2021 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 11023018)

He loves the gay roles so he can get some man on man action. just come out already.

GoldHeart 24-03-2021 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 10929861)
No doubt to be played by some crappy actor who is only cast for his looks and his eagerness to take his clothes off.

Ryan Murphy is obsessed with sexualising serial killers.

Are you thinking about Zac Efron , for his portrayal as Ted Bundy lol ?.

Because at the time I thought that was a weird choice , however I haven't seen it .

Oliver_W 24-03-2021 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxxie. (Post 10930313)
Dahmer was a gay serial killer as well so Murphy's got his expertise.

Who has Murphy killed?

Marsh. 24-03-2021 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 11023032)
Are you thinking about Zac Efron , for his portrayal as Ted Bundy lol ?.

Because at the time I thought that was a weird choice , however I haven't seen it .

I don't think Ryan Murphy made that one.

I haven't seen the Efron one, either.

LaLaLand 26-09-2022 03:27 PM

I’m 3 episodes in - God this is harrowing. Such a disturbed man.

UserSince2005 26-09-2022 04:19 PM

the wanking over fingering fish guts is where i had to draw the line. what a monster.

LaLaLand 26-09-2022 04:30 PM

Can you imagine being his next door neighbour Glenda?

Hearing the screaming and the power tools going all night, smelling that stench and constantly calling the police over and over again because she just *knew* something was going on, only to be completely disregarded and not taken seriously by police.

And she *knew* that young lad was only a child but the police took Dahmer's word for it over her and just allowed him to be taken back inside and basically lead him with Jeff to his gruesome death. Horrible. :sad:

bitontheslide 27-09-2022 08:05 AM

Setting aside Dahmer, the police and his father were insane the lengths they went to protect him

Niamh. 27-09-2022 09:12 AM

2 episodes in, poor Glenda and that poor kid, the Police are ****ing assholes, obviously they believe the white man over the black women though.....

Vanessa 27-09-2022 09:54 AM

I've seen many documentaries on Dhamer. Really disturbing.
I've always wondered if his mother taking so many pills while pregnant affected him.
Because he had so many issues, but he never got the help he needed.
And the results were terrifying.

bitontheslide 27-09-2022 11:00 AM

i think his father was equally screwed up with his fascination with bones and road kill, so thats where he got it from

Vanessa 27-09-2022 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 11214166)
i think his father was equally screwed up with his fascination with bones and road kill, so thats where he got it from

Yes, he never had a chance.

parmnion 27-09-2022 02:51 PM

Netflix removes 'LGBTQ' tag from Jeffrey Dahmer biopic following backlash:

LaLaLand 27-09-2022 02:55 PM

I’m half way through and honestly the amount of red flags and times that he could have been stopped (not only by the police but his Dad, Grandma, the army, the neighbour, the guy who owned the bathhouse etc) is just ridiculous.

They’ve brushed over it so far but he did attack a couple of fellow soldiers in the army - his roommate where they were stationed sustained prolonged abuse and torture at the hands of Dahmer.

bitontheslide 27-09-2022 03:50 PM

the 14 year old, that the police helped back in his apartment, he drilled a hole in his skull and poured acid in to see what would happen

LaLaLand 30-09-2022 03:23 PM

Finished the whole thing last night.

Thoroughly enjoyed (for want of a better word) it and thought it was handled really well considering the subject matter. Yes they took a few creative liberties for the dramatisation of it all but I think it was all done brilliantly. Thought provoking and genuinely terrifying in parts. The emphasis on the victims and their families towards the end was great too.

The whole cast was phenomenal but have to say Niecy Nash who played Glenda the next door neighbour was a standout for me. Just fantastic.