ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   heartattacks, strokes have killed more under 65's since start covid crisis (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=370925)

Nicky91 15-10-2020 08:45 AM

heartattacks, strokes have killed more under 65's since start covid crisis

arista 15-10-2020 09:26 AM

Yes it's because China's Covid-19
takes over everything

Cherie 15-10-2020 10:17 AM

People were frightened to death basically, they failed to seek help as they were worried about catching Covid in hospital

Nicky91 15-10-2020 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10934056)
People were frightened to death basically, they failed to seek help as they were worried about catching Covid in hospital

i understand you now a lot better, your whole trying to look more at the positives in this crisis, rather than all negativity

i do think constant negativity, stress, panic is also not good for someone's health

Oliver_W 15-10-2020 10:43 AM

I heard that Covid affects blood flow, so that'd obviously explain things like strokes happening more often. That said, I was told it by my uncle, who reads about a zillion conspiracy sites as well as legitimate news, so god knows where he read or heard it.

Occom's Razor cuts closer to what Cherie said - people are either scared of going to medical establishments and/or don't want to "waste their time" so let things slide.

Nicky91 15-10-2020 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10934072)
I heard that Covid affects blood flow, so that'd obviously explain things like strokes happening more often. That said, I was told it by my uncle, who reads about a zillion conspiracy sites as well as legitimate news, so god knows where he read or heard it.

Occom's Razor cuts closer to what Cherie said - people are either scared of going to medical establishments and/or don't want to "waste their time" so let things slide.

umm well if you are hospitalised you are laying on one position the whole time, not much movement in your body, where blood clots can form (we all know movement is good for you to keep blood flow going)

yes i do not think many elderly also got the flu shots either this year, out of covid fears

bitontheslide 15-10-2020 10:47 AM

We know pretty exactly what the excess deaths were over the covid critical time because the ONS published data comparing the same time of year with previous years.

It's also a well known fact that covid can affect all the major organs and things like lung inflammation etc are a symptom of that. My friends brother in his 30's had 3 heart attacks with covid, but no lung problems

parmnion 15-10-2020 11:21 AM

I'm hearing a lot of stories of peoples limbs going numb and being full of pins and needles after having this yeast flu jab.

Toy Soldier 15-10-2020 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10934072)

I think there is some truth in Covid affecting the heart etc. but yeah the main reason there have been more deaths from other causes has been people being either unwilling or unable to access "normal" medical services. Older people seeing their GP less (or not at all) who might have picked up early warning signs of a problem (abnormal heartbeats, worryingly high/low blood pressure), people waiting just that little bit longer to go to A&E (even a few hours can make all the difference when it's heart or stroke) because they're either scared that the hospital is "full of Covid" OR worried that the staff are under heavy load already and they tell themselves they're "probably fine" and shouldn't take up more of their time, with things that they'd have had checked out under normal circumstances. By the time they think "OK yes I need to go to hospital" it can be too late.

It's small changes to behavior but amplify that by nearly 70 million people and there's going to be a measurable effect.

bitontheslide 15-10-2020 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10934107)
I think there is some truth in Covid affecting the heart etc. but yeah the main reason there have been more deaths from other causes has been people being either unwilling or unable to access "normal" medical services. Older people seeing their GP less (or not at all) who might have picked up early warning signs of a problem (abnormal heartbeats, worryingly high/low blood pressure), people waiting just that little bit longer to go to A&E (even a few hours can make all the difference when it's heart or stroke) because they're either scared that the hospital is "full of Covid" OR worried that the staff are under heavy load already and they tell themselves they're "probably fine" and shouldn't take up more of their time, with things that they'd have had checked out under normal circumstances. By the time they think "OK yes I need to go to hospital" it can be too late.

It's small changes to behavior but amplify that by nearly 70 million people and there's going to be a measurable effect.

my local hospital was inspected recently and it failed loads of covid safety procedures. No-one is going to go there now unless it's an emergency, why would anyone risk it given their gross negligence. I think that view will be pretty common throughout the country whether the NHS has the capacity to treat other ailments or not