ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Is there any such thing as exclusive heterosexuality? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=370947)

Redway 16-10-2020 08:51 AM

Is there any such thing as exclusive heterosexuality?

Or is everyone bisexual to a certain extent (however tiny)?

Probably not the most fitting choice for a morning thread but I work nights so I’m screwed anyway.

Swan 16-10-2020 08:57 AM

I dunno, i mean i can appreciate a good looking bloke, but isn't it whether you'd actually wanna act upon it?

thesheriff443 16-10-2020 08:57 AM

I can consider another man attractive without wanting to sleep with him.

Oliver_W 16-10-2020 09:12 AM

Meh. Experimenting in uni or having a "mancrush" doesn't necessarily mean someone is anything but straight. What's with the need to label everything ?

DouglasS 16-10-2020 09:15 AM

Yes.

It’s ridiculous when lgbt people say everyone is bi. They clearly are not at all... the majority of people have no interest in the same gender

I voted the top description but not a fan of the description it was the only yes option that doesn’t state that everyone is somehow gay/bi without realising it themselves

Jessica. 16-10-2020 09:17 AM

There are more sexualities than just straight, gay and bi. I think our sexualities are personal to us and yeah, some people might teeter between straight and bi or whatever but a lot of people don't.

Smithy 16-10-2020 09:17 AM

No everybody is a little gay

Wizard. 16-10-2020 09:18 AM

You could never say because you don't truly know what people think unless they tell you.

Yes there are married man who are closeted and sleep with guys but that doesn't mean they all do, definitely not. I mean if you're applying this to men then why not woman? Although they're less likely than men to sleep with the same sex (IMO) I definitely don't think all women desire a bit of muff now and again.

Nicky91 16-10-2020 09:18 AM

i am straight, i think i know this because i am more attracted to women

however i can still say if a man looks good

Oliver_W 16-10-2020 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessica. (Post 10934539)
There are more sexualities than just straight, gay and bi. I think our sexualities are personal to us and yeah, some people might teeter between straight and bi or whatever but a lot of people don't.

How? :joker:

You either like the same sex, opposite, or both. How can there be more?

Jessica. 16-10-2020 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10934544)
How? :joker:

You either like the same sex, opposite, or both. How can there be more?

What about asexuals? What about people who date non-binary or intersex people?

Redway 16-10-2020 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10934541)
No everybody is a little gay

You sure about that Smithy?

Oliver_W 16-10-2020 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessica. (Post 10934547)
What about asexuals? What about people who date non-binary or intersex people?

Asexual are non-sexual, it's like saying crisps are a type of brick.

"non-binary" people are still male or female, and will attract people who are attracted to the sex they actually are. Same with intersex - they still appear to be male or female, and will attract people accordingly .

Jessica. 16-10-2020 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10934555)
Asexual are non-sexual, it's like saying crisps are a type of brick.

"non-binary" people are still male or female, and will attract people who are attracted to the sex they actually are. Same with intersex - they still appear to be male or female, and will attract people accordingly .

Just forget I said anything. :rolleyes:

Oliver_W 16-10-2020 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessica. (Post 10934557)
Just forget I said anything. :rolleyes:

Nah, stuff like that is pretty hard to forget :joker:

Redway 16-10-2020 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wizard. (Post 10934542)
You could never say because you don't truly know what people think unless they tell you.

Yes there are married man who are closeted and sleep with guys but that doesn't mean they all do, definitely not. I mean if you're applying this to men then why not woman? Although they're less likely than men to sleep with the same sex (IMO) I definitely don't think all women desire a bit of muff now and again.

Did I say only men though?

Nicky91 16-10-2020 09:33 AM

i do not know what asexual, non-binary, intersex is, i don't mean to be rude or anything, just do not understand it

Niamh. 16-10-2020 09:35 AM

Depends what the scale looks like, appreciating that someone is good looking/attractive, I'm sure everyone can do (whether they would admit it or not)

Oliver_W 16-10-2020 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 10934560)
i do not know what asexual, non-binary, intersex is, i don't mean to be rude or anything, just do not understand it

Asexual = not attracted to anyone
Nonbinary = a male or female who thinks he or she is neither
Intersex = hermaphrodite

Elliot 16-10-2020 09:35 AM

Sexuality is extremely fluid and there’s probably one person out there that’s never ever be attracted to a guy but most men have that ONE person or more that they’d ‘turn gay’ for. I wish we lived in a society that didn’t enforce toxic masculinity onto people that they have to downplay their attraction to everyone that isn’t a cis woman. I’m not going to speak on the sexuality of women for obvious reasons but I’ve heard similar things

Mitchell 16-10-2020 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliot (Post 10934565)
Sexuality is extremely fluid and there’s probably one person out there that’s never ever be attracted to a guy but most men have that ONE person or more that they’d ‘turn gay’ for. I wish we lived in a society that didn’t enforce toxic masculinity onto people that they have to downplay their attraction to everyone that isn’t a cis woman. I’m not going to speak on the sexuality of women for obvious reasons but I’ve heard similar things

:clap1:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10934563)
Asexual = not attracted to anyone
Nonbinary = a male or female who thinks he or she is neither
Intersex = hermaphrodite

Or if you want the actual definitions rather than Oliver telling other people how they identify.

Asexuality isn’t about not being attracted to someone, it is not having sexual feelings towards individuals.

Nonbinary is someone who doesn’t identify as either gender, they would use They/Them pronouns.

Intersex is a general term used for a variety of conditions in which a person is born with a reproductive or sexual anatomy that doesn't seem to fit the typical definitions of female or male. For example, a person might be born appearing to be female on the outside, but having mostly male-typical anatomy on the inside.

Oliver_W 16-10-2020 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitchell (Post 10934572)
:clap1:

Or if you want the actual definitions rather than Oliver telling other people how they identify.

Asexuality isn’t about not being attracted to someone, it is not having sexual feelings towards individuals.

Nonbinary is someone who doesn’t identify as either gender, they would use They/Them pronouns.

Intersex is a general term used for a variety of conditions in which a person is born with a reproductive or sexual anatomy that doesn't seem to fit the typical definitions of female or male. For example, a person might be born appearing to be female on the outside, but having mostly male-typical anatomy on the inside.

Sure but mine is snappier ;)

Zizu 16-10-2020 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 10934543)
i am straight, i think i know this because i am more attracted to women

however i can still say if a man looks good

Ooopps .. I always thought you were female ( avatar) .. interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mitchell 16-10-2020 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10934574)
Sure but mine is snappier ;)

And completely dismissive of other people’s struggles and discriminatory towards non binary people.

Zizu 16-10-2020 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 10934560)

Ditto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro