ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Music (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Miley Cyrus covers Pearl Jam's "Just Breathe" (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=371078)

Mystic Mock 09-12-2020 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zizu (Post 10938475)
When will it end !!!

The fact that she sings at all .. . is bad enough but to start releasing covers of Metallica songs and now Pearl Jam ...

It’s just a step too far for us music lovers !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tbf I haven't heard the covers of these songs, but Miley Cyrus is a decent vocalist so I can't imagine her doing a worse job at covering Rock songs than some of the efforts that I've seen over the years.:joker:

Jake. 09-12-2020 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zizu (Post 10966323)
Simple

I love Metallica , detest with a vengeance ...her

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

An unbiased take, then.

Zizu 09-12-2020 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake. (Post 10966422)
An unbiased take, then.

An understandable one given my opinion of her . .. I don’t like her voice for starters and her personality is arguably worse

Ammi 09-12-2020 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake. (Post 10966280)

She just can’t be stopped!

...gorgeous...:lovedup:...

Tom4784 09-12-2020 05:33 PM

Rock/Metal fans are the worst, they're always so obsessed with making out that any genre that isn't theirs' isn't 'real music'. It's ****ing odd.

Pretty much every cover Miley's done so far this era has been good.

Stu 09-12-2020 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 10966744)
Rock/Metal fans are the worst, they're always so obsessed with making out that any genre that isn't theirs' isn't 'real music'. It's ****ing odd.

That's a harsh generalisation, I think. There's definitely an element of that, but I've been going to metal gigs for years and they're by far the most decent, friendly crowds around.

Tom4784 09-12-2020 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 10966751)
That's a harsh generalisation, I think. There's definitely an element of that, but I've been going to metal gigs for years and they're by far the most decent, friendly crowds around.

There's good and bar everywhere but from my own experiences, fans of those genres tend to gatekeep and look down on people who happen to like any other genres.

Being so dedicated to one genre of music is just strange to me though, I have my favourites but all genres are valid, there's no such thing as 'real music' because it's all real.

Zizu 09-12-2020 05:55 PM

Quote:

Look I also love Coldplay and Years & Years so I’m hardly a hard core rock freak .

I don’t like her personality, her uncouthness or her flaming’ voice !

Samm 09-12-2020 05:58 PM

Quote:

or the simple fact Miley has a vagina.

Stu 09-12-2020 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 10966757)
There's good and bar everywhere but from my own experiences, fans of those genres tend to gatekeep and look down on people who happen to like any other genres.

Being so dedicated to one genre of music is just strange to me though, I have my favourites but all genres are valid, there's no such thing as 'real music' because it's all real.

Would this be online experience, by any chance?

Look, there's definitely an element of truth in what you're saying. Metalheads ourselves (and I'd invariably have to class myself as one - warts and all) even joke about it. As a stereotype it's largely overplayed, though.

The metalheads I know probably have the weirdest, most expansive music tastes going. And that's before you even get outside the spooky subgenres. They're also the people who demonstrably support the most live music, have the best sense of community and spend the most money on physical music products and merchandise in my own experience.

They're an easy target because they dress like they only listen to metal, but that's because as a genre it inspires a crazy amount of passion.

Hail Satan etc.

Josy 09-12-2020 07:42 PM

Quote:

That's a pretty big and mostly unfair generalisation there tbh most metal/rock fans I know including myself also enjoy other genres and even when that isnt the case they dont cast aspersions on other peoples music tastes. That's not to say that some dont do it but then theres music snobs from all genres

Shaun 09-12-2020 07:49 PM

if anything there's more of a stereotype of metal fans turning out to be the most open-minded/cool guys.

Classic rock fans I can understand, because there's a lot of gatekeeping and refusal to accept that not everyone is excited by Eric Clapton, but leave metalheads alone!!! (I can't stand metal but still)

Niamh. 10-12-2020 08:33 AM

I'm not even sure what genre Pearl Jam are anymore, were they ever considered a proper Rock band, they were always grunge when I was listening to them back in the 90's and they've definitely evolved in to something a bit lighter these days. I suppose grunge was a mix of rock/alternative. Also some of their newer stuff has almost a hint of country i think