ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   South Dublin:Bodies of mother and ‘her young son and daughter’ are found (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=371224)

arista 28-10-2020 01:52 PM

South Dublin:Bodies of mother and ‘her young son and daughter’ are found

This is very sad.

[Bodies of mother and ‘her young son and daughter’
are found at a home in Dublin
Bodies of two children,
aged between 6 and 11, and a woman were found today
Gardai are working the scene of their
death in Ballinteer, South Dublin
Officers are said to have become concerned
for the wellbeing of the people inside the
house and broke in to the property this morning]

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...me-Dublin.html

Niamh. 29-10-2020 08:35 AM

The Gardaí are treating it as a murder now and are questioning her husband. Very sad, seems like maybe the husband has something to do with it since I believe it was the neighbours who raised the alarm rather than him.......who lived there still from what I've read.

Cherie 29-10-2020 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10942072)
The Gardaí are treating it as a murder now and are questioning her husband. Very sad, seems like maybe the husband has something to do with it since I believe it was the neighbours who raised the alarm rather than him.......who lived there still from what I've read.

oh, and that tragic event in Kanturk as well

arista 29-10-2020 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10942072)

Evil Husband
terrible

Niamh. 29-10-2020 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10942075)
oh, and that tragic event in Kanturk as well

Oh yeah that was shocking, all over money too

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 10942076)
Evil Husband
terrible

Well it's not been confirmed yet that he's a suspect but it seems to be pointing there. There's been a 14% rise in domestic violence this year because of Lock down I read somewhere. All the side effects of covid are starting to appear

Cherie 29-10-2020 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10942077)
Oh yeah that was shocking, all over money too

Well it's not been confirmed yet that he's a suspect but it seems to be pointing there. There's been a 14% rise in domestic violence this year because of Lock down I read somewhere. All the side effects of covid are starting to appear

Has it been confirmed it was about money, I read Diarmuid has a lengthy note on him when he killed himself, honestly I think its a mental health issue exacerbated by covid lockdown

Niamh. 29-10-2020 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10942116)
Has it been confirmed it was about money, I read Diarmuid has a lengthy note on him when he killed himself, honestly I think its a mental health issue exacerbated by covid lockdown

What I heard was that it was some sort of inheritance dispute, I presumed they must have gotten that idea from the mother who was there but I couldn't say for sure, that's all I had heard

Cherie 29-10-2020 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10942121)
What I heard was that it was some sort of inheritance dispute, I presumed they must have gotten that idea from the mother who was there but I couldn't say for sure, that's all I had heard

I heard that too but could be gossip, that poor woman losing her whole family (I presume) like that

Niamh. 29-10-2020 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10942122)
I heard that too but could be gossip, that poor woman losing her whole family (I presume) like that

I know, how do you ever get over that?

Cherie 29-10-2020 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10942124)
I know, how do you ever get over that?

impossible, when I read it first I thought the Dad murdered the sons as that is the usual story :sad:

Niamh. 29-10-2020 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10942129)
impossible, when I read it first I thought the Dad murdered the sons as that is the usual story :sad:

I know, and someone said to me, the mother was lucky to get out alive and I was thinking was she though? which is an awful thing to think but how lucky is the life she has now.........if you know what I mean.

Cherie 29-10-2020 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10942133)
I know, and someone said to me, the mother was lucky to get out alive and I was thinking was she though? which is an awful thing to think but how lucky is the life she has now.........if you know what I mean.

yes I do, I think the same

Niamh. 30-10-2020 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10942116)

My mom just said that apparently both the dad and younger son Diarmuid shot the older son Mark because they were angry that he was going to be left a farm and then they shot themselves in a field near their house. Awful, what a disgusting motive though. It's like a scene from the Field or something.

Gardaí fear that Mark was shot multiple times in the bedroom of the family's Assolas farmhouse home at 6.40am when he was confronted by his father Tadhg and younger brother Diarmuid in a row about a will and farm inheritance.

Tadhg and Diarmuid later went to a field some 600m from the house and took their own lives.

It is also feared that Tadhg and Diarmuid had deliberately planned to confront Mark when he was unable to flee.

A personal note recovered from the body of Diarmuid outlined at length his anguish at the inheritance dispute and the toll it had taken on him and their family.

It is believed the lengthy note was written several hours before the triple shooting, indicating that the attack was fully premeditated.

The triple shooting followed escalating tensions after details emerged two weeks ago of a proposed will which was seen to favour Mark with a farm inheritance.

Diarmuid was deeply upset over the proposed terms of the will.

Tadhg was apparently very annoyed at the treatment of his younger son and the failure to reach a compromise over the inheritance.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-39681251.html

Cherie 30-10-2020 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10943110)
My mom just said that apparently both the dad and younger son Diarmuid shot the older son Mark because they were angry that he was going to be left a farm and then they shot themselves in a field near their house. Awful, what a disgusting motive though. It's like a scene from the Field or something.

Gardaí fear that Mark was shot multiple times in the bedroom of the family's Assolas farmhouse home at 6.40am when he was confronted by his father Tadhg and younger brother Diarmuid in a row about a will and farm inheritance.

Tadhg and Diarmuid later went to a field some 600m from the house and took their own lives.

It is also feared that Tadhg and Diarmuid had deliberately planned to confront Mark when he was unable to flee.

A personal note recovered from the body of Diarmuid outlined at length his anguish at the inheritance dispute and the toll it had taken on him and their family.

It is believed the lengthy note was written several hours before the triple shooting, indicating that the attack was fully premeditated.

The triple shooting followed escalating tensions after details emerged two weeks ago of a proposed will which was seen to favour Mark with a farm inheritance.

Diarmuid was deeply upset over the proposed terms of the will.

Tadhg was apparently very annoyed at the treatment of his younger son and the failure to reach a compromise over the inheritance.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-39681251.html

Tadgh and Diarmuid’s funerals are today and will be private

Marks is on Saturday and will be streamed, so it seems that what you posted above is correct, they must have had some mental health episodes, whoever was bequeathing the farm must be in bits

Niamh. 30-10-2020 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10943116)
Tadgh and Diarmuid’s funerals are today and will be private

Marks is on Saturday and will be streamed, so it seems that what you posted above is correct, they must have had some mental health episodes, whoever was bequeathing the farm must be in bits

My mom said it was the mother, that farm had been willed to her and she then was willing it on to her oldest son (which is a bit **** on the younger son tbf but that reaction was pretty extreme) ***I don't have any thing to back that up other than my mother though :laugh:

Cherie 30-10-2020 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10943121)
My mom said it was the mother, that farm had been willed to her and she then was willing it on to her oldest son (which is a bit **** on the younger son tbf but that reaction was pretty extreme) ***I don't have any thing to back that up other than my mother though :laugh:

That would make sense, some parents do have favourites, yes its extreme but maybe the favourtism was going on for a long time, I can’t imagine just giving one of my kids something and not the other, and of that value, it had to hurt

thesheriff443 30-10-2020 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10943121)

You mum is correct, the dad and younger son both had notes in their pockets detailing why they did what they did.

thesheriff443 30-10-2020 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10943126)
That would make sense, some parents do have favourites, yes its extreme but maybe the favourtism was going on for a long time, I can’t imagine just giving one of my kids something and not the other, and of that value, it had to hurt

My Irish neighbor is doing the same thing, he has two sons was thinking it was traditional in Ireland that the eldest son gets left property

Niamh. 30-10-2020 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10943126)

Oh me neither 100%. Farming families can be odd like that though, there's a farmer near me for example, he never had any kids himself but his nephew (his sisters son) had ran the farm with him since he was a teenager, so the Farmer died a few years ago and he leaves the farm in his will to his brothers son who never had anything to do with the farm just because he wanted to keep the farm in his surname and the sisters son didn't have his surname

Niamh. 30-10-2020 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesheriff443 (Post 10943129)
My Irish neighbor is doing the same thing, he has two sons was thinking it was traditional in Ireland that the eldest son gets left property

That "tradition" isn't a thing in Ireland anymore unless there are farmers involved for some weird reason

thesheriff443 30-10-2020 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10943134)
That "tradition" isn't a thing in Ireland anymore unless there are farmers involved for some weird reason

It involves a farm in Ireland.

Niamh. 30-10-2020 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesheriff443 (Post 10943148)
It involves a farm in Ireland.

Oh well there you go then :laugh: